Does this mean the terrorists have won?

In San Diego of all places. I thought we'd know better

Next time I fly, I'll read the qu'ran everywhere in the airpiort, security, at the gate, on the plane and see what happens.:rolleyes:

You'll probably be posting "on location" from your new home in Cuba.

I suppose people are more jittery about what they can't understand, whether it's language or praying or what have you.

Hasn't a similar thing happened in Spain before? Except instead of training Marines, the young Arab men were wearing "tough, aggressive, jackets"? Or in another case, I remember a whole flight once being canceled because a bunch of conservative imams started praying (traditional style) right before taking off.

Although I do sympathize with the people being discriminated against, they should have also been aware of the tension they could have elicited by speaking Arabic in a damn airport. Is my conclusion fair? No, but that's just life; and it's something almost any "foreigner" in America, including myself, realistically has to deal with at some point.

We here farm folk' don't know nut'in' about no Arabs! We dun' drove 'em out back in '61, and we've been happy ever since, moonshinin' and goin' to 'dem there NASCAR races!

WOOHEEY!

It's always good to hear fro the genuine gibberish community :)

Did you know that whenever a child says "I don't believe in al Quaida" a terrorist dies? Teach your children well.

Does this mean the terrorists have won?

:confused:

......sooooo.......the terrorists' goal was to make Americans harass and insult and abuse and just generally hate Arabs more????

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

On the side: once again, somebody plays to our fear of losing in order to make us toe their line. BAD human!!!!!

I hate the those stereotypes who believe that all muslims or people from the middle east are bad. I have seen some of this racism even at school and I hope that some day such barriers will be broken.

Pretty much...:sad:

The terrorists have won, because of the sheer bloody paranoia, and stupidity of the average person...
It's really sad, but no way around it this is crazy. There's nothing wrong with Arabs, Muslims, or even Christians (as much as I enjoy bashing them).

Arabs are infiltrating our airports? I guess the terrorists have won.

As if a group of christians who began chanting prayers as the plane taxis would not be bizarre (a cultural affront the likes of showing one's foot bottom to an arab). At least we didn't summarily execute them like Saddam would any who might behave so outrageously in pubic.

What if a bunch of r0xors started singing a song together in a foreign language? Not reasonable behavior. They would get looks and be asked to stop by the staff. Refusal would requite arrest and delay of plane. No group chanting on planes will be permitted. Do we need to post a sign (specifically in arabic)? Perhaps it should be in the rules written on your ticket (right next to 'you consent to search on airport property').

No discrimination to see here, move along

As if a group of christians who began chanting prayers as the plane taxis would not be bizarre (a cultural affront the likes of showing one's foot bottom to an arab). At least we didn't summarily execute them like Saddam would any who might behave so outrageously in pubic.

What if a bunch of r0xors started singing a song together in a foreign language? Not reasonable behavior. They would get looks and be asked to stop by the staff. Refusal would requite arrest and delay of plane. No group chanting on planes will be permitted. Do we need to post a sign (specifically in arabic)? Perhaps it should be in the rules written on your ticket (right next to 'you consent to search on airport property').

No discrimination to see here, move along
They weren't chanting or singing anything. From what it says they were speaking as casually as anyone else, only in Arabic.

A different event, 2006 (EDIT: MY BAD):

Three of them stood and said their normal evening prayers together on the plane, as 1.7 billion Muslims around the world do every day, Shahin said. He attributed any concerns by passengers or crew to ignorance about Islam.

1.7 billion Muslims around the world feel the need to stand up and pray on planes?

Nonsense.

Even heard of time place and manner? There's no right to stand and pray on a plane, or do anything else on a plane in such a way as to upset passengers.

The way CAIR is screaming about anti-Muslim bigotry is very suspicious, and I think this was probably a set up. A very despicable one at that.
http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/004269.html

Obviously, the OP is silliness. "Some woman" getting scared because she hears arabic is rediculas.

Noone thinks random women should be allowed to delay planes upon hearing a foreign language.

All great Empires fall. The mighty Roman, the Incredible Qing, the Colonial Empires. All gone now its America's turn and over here a fine example of American Supremency declining. Okay lets see, we got....

The war that they can't win/support. Check
Declining Economy Check
Millitary is cutting into everything Check
Diasaters Check
Disapproval of the goverment Check
Declining/Falling Infrastructure Check
Paranonia among local population Double-Check

All we need is a major revolt like Canifonia Breaking away and America collaspes!

All great Empires fall. The mighty Roman, the Incredible Qing, the Colonial Empires. All gone now its America's turn and over here a fine example of American Supremency declining. Okay lets see, we got....

The war that they can't win/support. Check
Declining Economy Check
Millitary is cutting into everything Check
Diasaters Check
Disapproval of the goverment Check
Declining/Falling Infrastructure Check
Paranonia among local population Double-Check

All we need is a major revolt like Canifonia Breaking away and America collaspes!

Strangely we've had almost all of this before and it never meant our "fall"..

The war that they can't win/support. Check 70%
Declining Economy Check 90%
Millitary is cutting into everything Check 40%
Diasaters Check 30%
Disapproval of the goverment Check 90%
Declining/Falling Infrastructure Check 20%
Paranonia among local population Double-Check 5%

That isn't going to do anything.

Top Bottom