Don't lie - or should you?

Lying is a useful skill.

I mostly utilize it when dealing with authority figures.

We all know that we are not supposed to lie. But when are there times when it is alright to lie?

No. End of story.
EDIT: I'll amend this: no, unless your life is threatened. You know, like some shady-looking stranger asks you to give him a ride North to the next town. You answer with " I'm going South, sorry pal." or something like that. Then, I would imagine its okay, because its a matter of personal safety. Or, in a matter of national security, like if you were captured, and interrogated about the positions of your forces, you don't tell them a damn thing, and if you do, it had better not be true.

Lying can be good, as long as there are no witnesses and also that the witnesses are idiots

So if someone you really hate pushes you over because you punched their arm, and the only witnesses were the guy's friends who were looking the other way and only caught the main push and they were also hated by the teachers and you were liked by the teachers and that idiot who pushed you was also hated by the teachers, then you can lie and say that he pushed you for no reason and currently, I think I'm getting away with it.

Or one of my aunts had a boyfriend who was from Turkey. Later on, he took her money and went back to Turkey and then asked my family for money. My mother done a white lie... the guy who asked for money was not seen again and the main guy in Turkey was never heard of again.

Yeah so lying can be good as long as you can back it up with poor witnesses

I don't understand how so many people can so easily justify casual dishonesty.

I'd hate to be married to any of you. Or have you remotely involved in my life for that matter.

I merely said that lying is a useful skill. I never said that I lie regularly, because truth is, I don't.

The only times I lie, if ever, is to avoid confrontation, or to keep authority figures at bay.

Even then, its not really an outright lie, more like a stretching of the truth.

I would never lie to my significant other or friends or family. That ain't how I roll.

You should lie, especailly when you sleep. It's much safer and much more comfortable that way.

I lie so frequently I sometimes mix up 2 different lies and then tihngs end up bad. But 98% of the time I get away with it. :cool:

I find lie useful in some cases, mainly in relationships. But I am not good in it so I should say only true...:(

The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination

We all know that we are not supposed to lie. But when are there times when it is alright to lie?

Even the bible doesn't rule out lying, instead it focuses only on a particularlly damaging type of lying, bearing false witness.

Society would crumble without lies, the average person lies about 15 times a day, from the

how are you?

I'm fine?

To the does my bum look big in this?

*Avoidal of answering the question*

To telling your boss that your on it and the report'll be complete under the deadline etc,etc, etc.

The only problem people are pathological liars, such as Mr Bush:mischief:, and those who lie when the truth sounds better, lying above the little white ones like anything else should be practiced rarely and only ever for the right reasons if you can help it.

EDIT:

But what if your wife is pregnant and needs reassurance that you still see her as attractive?

Tell her sheez got cracking knockers now, that'll cheer her up :)

Well, I think I should let you guys know that my father was the king of Nigeria, and I need your help getting his money out of the country...
And are you a model that saw my profile on some random website? :D And is it true you couldn't get the money out as you are 16?

I received this email a thousand times, in different forms... I wonder if anyone actually believes this! :crazyeye:

Lie your heart out, people expect it anyway, in fact Im lying right now.

I also automatically assume everything everyone tells me is a lie or at the very least dishonest and gravely exaggerated. :eek:

I don't understand how so many people can so easily justify casual dishonesty.

I'd hate to be married to any of you. Or have you remotely involved in my life for that matter.

Well considering 99.5% of us are male so would I:D

Lie your heart out, people expect it anyway, in fact Im lying right now.

I also automatically assume everything everyone tells me is a lie or at the very least dishonest and gravely exaggerated. :eek:

I think your utterlly full of it? There how accurate was that do you reckon :)

Police officer - 'Do you have any drugs on you?'
You - 'Ummm...Nooooo....'
Police officer - 'Move Along'

Yeah, good example. Lies are often justified when protecting yourself (or someone else, for that matter) from coercion.

I think lying is fine as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

The one time when you especilly have a right to lie is when somebody asks you a personal question. I don't understand how some people could think lying is never okay. Do people have a right to make me to tell them intimate details about my life?

I think lying is fine as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

The one time when you especilly have a right to lie is when somebody asks you a personal question. I don't understand how some people could think lying is never okay. Do people have a right to make me to tell them intimate details about my life?

Small penis huh?:p ;) :)

Top Bottom