• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Double Your Pleasure

I was aimlessly looking through the scenerios on PTW and saw this. This is the geatest thing to happen to Civ III. Ever. I would offer my help, but my skills in the area are nonexistent. This mod rocks.

@tmarcl: The graphics patch is currently called 'Full Version 1.04x' - if you've already downloaded and installed that, make sure you installed it to the Scenarios directory, and also make sure you use the BIX file called 'Double Your Pleasure with GFX' when starting the game.

@bige2002: Thanks :) You can always help us by testing the mod - I think that's the kind of help we currently need most. If you haven't already, go to the DyP site and get the latest version of the mod, which will also make the Graphics a bit more interesting than what was included in the official PtW patch.

@Isak: Re playtesting

After reading your last comment I just thought I'd give you some feedback:

I've been playing DYP extensively and am now up to Tank Warfare on Deity level, on PTW with the 1.04x patch. Everything works just fine, with just a few minor niggles:

- The graphics for the Fishery are missing
- The hidden units (e.g. Spy) are worse than useless: the AI alwasy seems to know where mine are and will even cross my territory to get at them. OTOH, the AI only builds them to defend it's cities, it seems like, and it's a pain in the a** attacking invisible units where you don't even see the hit points!
- Just like in vanilla Civ, the AI never uses most of the special units, like adventurers and such, not to speak of artillery. This is the usual Civ beef, though, nothing to do with your mod.
- The sometimes voiced complaints that the AI can't use all those extra city improvements correctly are unfounded, IMO. On Deity, at least, they build them just fine and have built some real powerhouses!

Keep up the good work!

I just started using DYP on PTW also. Very impressive! The Steam Frigate is a beautiful unit, and being on an island I built scads of them, lol.

As far as the spy, I found the AI tended to use them as "artillary" in their cities. When I used it to pillage, even my allies would go after them.

Besides the Fishery graphics missing, so was the Echelon. I built it, but had no idea what it did until I downloaded the spreadsheet because their was no Civilipedia entry.

Overall, this is a fantastic mod...please keep improving it!

I'm getting the update right now. I'll report any bugs or problems I see. Also, thanks again for the mod!

It's been so many months since I've been here that the posts have doubled!

I congratulate you guys on having released version 1. Isak and Kal-El, you've guys been working hard on this for such a long time. Is RobO still working on this? I wish i had time to play this game or even help out on this great mod. I can't imagine how many changes and improvements have been done since I last played. Congrats again.

Hey, Kingjoshi!

RobO is still an integral part of the team.

Hakeem-RJ,

the site is civ3.bernskov.com, but it is currently down while we move to a new server. We hope to be back up and running soon.

The site should be up again, and it's even on a faster connection now :eek: A million cheers for our web-wizard Bernskov :goodjob:

but note that you should not type WWW in front of the adress - that won't work :) it's only http://civ3.bernskov.com

And welcome back Kingjoshi - good to see you again. Don't be such a stranger :D

Kal-el, thanks for the information... I was kind of desperate, trying to enter the site. But I'll wait. I am kinda new here, although I play civ since the first one...

Isak, thanks, and as soon as I posted the message, I noticed that I put the WWW, but I know it's just http://civ3.bernskov.com.
Anyway, thanks everyone!

Hakeem-RJ
Rio de Janeiro - BR

Dont know if this was fixed somewhere but I get this error when trying to load the mod. :(

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 355
A few things to say: Lots of images have that pink color on it. Plan on doing something?
Lots of buildings, such as Temple of Zeus and Taj Mahal have the same drawing. Could you do the Temple of Zeus a little more greekish?
Some wonders like Civil Rights have really weird icons.
Couldn't there be an option to choose if you want or not the percentual limit to be spent on science, like 60% on Chiefdom?
Some icons on the science advisor are really odd, there are faces out of the little square. And about the advisors, the button MORE under the guy's face is below it should be.

I was playing China, and I started with Warrior Code and Mining...
Ok, but the thing is that I put my first city in a city with lots of grassland around, but my city doesn't grow bigger than 2! What do I do? Irrigation is so far away... :-( sorry to ask, it's because I don't know all the little things of the mod!

Well, sorry to bother with these little things.
Anyway, Double Your Pleasure has really doubled my pleasure playing the game, is by far the best mod.

Thanks.
Hakeem-RJ (Sorry for my bad english!)

I haven't played the mod in half a year and I'm sure it's changed, but here goes me trying to help anyhow.

Originally posted by Hakeem-RJ
Couldn't there be an option to choose if you want or not the percentual limit to be spent on science, like 60% on Chiefdom?

Could this still be because certain government types are given limitations? I remember the limit at cheifdom being 60% for science, tax, or lux so if you set it to something higher than 60%, each turn, the computer would set the max back down to 60%.

I was playing China, and I started with Warrior Code and Mining...
Ok, but the thing is that I put my first city in a city with lots of grassland around, but my city doesn't grow bigger than 2! What do I do? Irrigation is so far away... :-( sorry to ask, it's because I don't know all the little things of the mod!

When I used to play, I made sure I had cities near water and built harbors. I used them just to increase population. Also, it's advisable to use Kal-el's maps because they used to have tons of resources that made growth dependant upon resources. The rules of the game have changed and your style of play needs to change to adapt.

Well, sorry to bother with these little things.
Anyway, Double Your Pleasure has really doubled my pleasure playing the game, is by far the best mod.

Thanks.
Hakeem-RJ (Sorry for my bad english!)

Always feel free to ask questions. There used to be a lot more people during the summer. I guess people went back to school and work, just like me.

Cheers,
Kiran

@chris1111:

Make sure you have installed the mod to the correct directory and that you have all necessary patches.

If you can tell me which DyP version number you are using (and whether you have PtW or not), I will be able to give you some more directions :)

@Kingjoshi:

No one is allowed back to real life, once they've tried DyP

:satan: :D

Plan on doing something new to DYP? Adding or changing stuff?
Is there anyway I can help you guys out? I have some (little) programming experience.
Hakeem-RJ

i'm finishing programming science college this end of year, and have worked with virtually all of the programs, are you guys programming something? what do you need most? if it's graphical i have two friends from college that would like to help.

what news civs are you gonna include?

well, we're not programming anything unless you can crack the editor. As for graphics, we can always use graphic artists. We need units, leaderheads, and I wouldn't mind having a few of the city improvements updated.

New Civs:
Ethiopia
Inca
Polynesia
Mali
Siam
Sioux
Tibet

Check out the DyP Forums

well theses civs sound good, the incas should be in any game.

maybe if you give me some details i might pass it to them.
they would be glad to help.

Top Bottom