Download and Current Changelog

[to_xp]Gekko;9047622 said:
that "more unique barbarians" thingie looks absolutely awesome. please also change Zarcaz so that he leads the scorpion clan in their troublemaking, having him spend the whole game on a single tile kinda defeats the point of having him in the game at all.

guy1: hey, wild mana just added a new barbarian hero, a unique goblin named zarcaz with a kickass bow!

guy2: sounds great, what does he do?

guy1: nothing at all, he just stays perfectly still until somebody kills him.

guy2: wait, what?

:lol:

Orthus should act the same, leading the orcs into battle vs pansy civilized nations instead of charging mindlessly alone ( and he should spawn in a barbarian city instead of a goblin fort, since he's not a goblin ;) ) . both Orthus and Zarcaz should definitely retreat to safety when things get hairy :D

I completely support Gekko's proposition for Orthus and Zarcaz to be leading a general uprising and presenting a very "REAL" threat to their neighbors. This would really add an EPIC feel to the early game. What doesnt eat you makes you stronger they say... :mwaha:

[to_xp]Gekko;9047622 said:
that "more unique barbarians" thingie looks absolutely awesome. please also change Zarcaz so that he leads the scorpion clan in their troublemaking, having him spend the whole game on a single tile kinda defeats the point of having him in the game at all.

The original Zarcaz in RifE not only attacks people, he is actually a commander that spawns with a Scorpion Archer, a Scorpion Goblin, and a Scorpion Wolf Rider. The four of them then lead assaults into civilized lands, and his army grows as he can lead more than 3 units. :p

i disagree, as of now the early game is too much luck dependent.
for example:
- if a civilization settles near the pass that spawns gargoyles it is usually over with them very soon.
-an elven civ having archeron around? too bad as all their forests get burned to the ground.
-pirates coming out of nowhere invading cities (even if the option 'pirate invasions' is disabled)

also the explorable lairs can spawn civilization killing monsters, i often use them to eliminate civs in the early game: just explore the lairs around them.

also the named monsters lack a reward of some kind if you defeat them. (except orthus of course)

Spoiler :

My solution/suggestion is rather simple:
1) eliminate the random spawns of barbarians/monsters (i.e. out of the blue spawn)
2) all monsters/barbarians require a lair/city to spawn
(with 1+2 it becomes much more predicable from where the enemy is coming, without making it easier)
3) no named monsters/barbarians spawn from explorable dungeons

for the guardian of pristine pass, I'd say adding the FF tweak that sets them to UNITAI_ANIMAL would be enough, that way they won't destroy your civilization as they don't enter cultural borders.

the same could be done for lair spawns ( those popping out as bad results of lai exploration ) , especially big bad ones.

[to_xp]Gekko;9048141 said:
for the guardian of pristine pass, I'd say adding the FF tweak that sets them to UNITAI_ANIMAL would be enough, that way they won't destroy your civilization as they don't enter cultural borders.

the same could be done for lair spawns ( those popping out as bad results of lai exploration ) , especially big bad ones.

Or add a leash to them, using the system in the upcoming release of RifE. :p

What if every civ got enough room to build 3 or 4 cities, and Barbs didn't attack you until that time, but after that they're much stronger. Perhaps Orthus could lead his own Barbarian faction, that would spawn in early-mid game and cause all sorts of trouble. But it wouldn't be luck based as the player is given a guaranteed bit of room to expand. For instance Barbarians could be forbidden from coming within 10 tiles (or similar, adjusted for map size, whether you're on the coast etc.) of any starting city until turn 100 or something. Barbarians are still a problem in the early game when it comes to exploring, but they're far harder in the midgame, which is more fun anyway, as you actually have stuff to fight them with.

What if every civ got enough room to build 3 or 4 cities, and Barbs didn't attack you until that time, but after that they're much stronger. Perhaps Orthus could lead his own Barbarian faction, that would spawn in early-mid game and cause all sorts of trouble. But it wouldn't be luck based as the player is given a guaranteed bit of room to expand. For instance Barbarians could be forbidden from coming within 10 tiles (or similar, adjusted for map size, whether you're on the coast etc.) of any starting city until turn 100 or something. Barbarians are still a problem in the early game when it comes to exploring, but they're far harder in the midgame, which is more fun anyway, as you actually have stuff to fight them with.

The simplest approach is to vary the level of barbarian furiosity with the difficulty level that one is playing at.
The storyline should determine when the event should take place (range-random).
The balancer will be how many units is available to the Barb leader when the event takes place determined by the difficulty level.

I've got two suggestions:
1: The new menu is very beautiful, but I like the kick-ass Hyborem menu too. Could you make this one a new menu option, instead of the only one?
2: When there's mana guardians in my borders, it's kind of annoying to hear "The enemy has been sighted near Somerandomtown!" every turn. Would it be possible to have held enemies not produce this warning?

@Gekko

It's a Piano Version of "Tifas Theme" if I remember correctly taken from the Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack

I hereby support the idea of apenpaap: As much as I'm addicted to Wild Mana I really don't like that new Intro. Please let us at least choose to switch back to Hyborem.

I'll add back the different menu options, only removed them for testing. Good to know the song if from an official soundtrack, youtube did not provide so much information.

Patch 7.55 (doesn't break saves)
  • fix: demagogs spawn in crusade civic
  • All of the recently added art (since version 7.20) optimized to track down MAFs (memory allocation failure)

@Gekko

It's a Piano Version of "Tifas Theme" if I remember correctly taken from the Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack

I hereby support the idea of apenpaap: As much as I'm addicted to Wild Mana I really don't like that new Intro. Please let us at least choose to switch back to Hyborem.

Heh I would have to agree there - I was about to petitions a name change from Wild Mana to Tamed Mana cause the music was (IMHO) out of character with a dark fantasy :D It needs to be more depressing :cry:- that one was too happy.

restored different main menus

Thanks Sephi!

Heh I would have to agree there - I was about to petitions a name change from Wild Mana to Tamed Mana cause the music was (IMHO) out of character with a dark fantasy :D It needs to be more depressing :cry:- that one was too happy.

I suppose something that goes.... dunna, dunna, dunna, DUNNA, DUNNA, DUNNA... :splat:

I couldn't find a relevant thread and I didn't feel like starting one so I'll just post here. In light of this story I think we have an excellent new pedia entry for Tya Kiri. Also, perhaps her trait could be cahnged to Mastery of Entropy Magic.

Patch 7.56 (break saves)
  • Major Speedtweak (simplified Traderoute updating)
  • AI tweaks by Skyre Noktis
  • fix: possible CTD when withdrawing defender dies because he has no free plot he can withdraw to.

-post removed by author-

Revolutions
  • Revolution mechanic works for all Noble Houses

Interesting. So this functionality is based on the RevMod? I just played with that mod for the first time last week and I thought that its functionality might be a good use for guilds.

• * AI tweaks by Skyre Noktis
    * Major War AI improvements by Skyre Noktis

All apologies if this was already discussed, but I was wondering if there was a more detailed overview about what these changes accomplish?

Top Bottom