Dr kossin #28

Yea =\ it's bad luck obviously but losing the other warriors contributed largely.

Guess Soirana's game might have been easier after all :)

barb animals didn't go poof...your cap went poof :crazyeye::D

wow...i hate when that happens, but then that happens about 1 out of every 2 diety games I attempt

Kossin, I guessed you typed your apology too soon :lol:

I don't think it was a tough map, so much as it being tough luck. I would have thought that the barb animals would have bought you some more time. Can someone tell me where I can find when barb troops spawn and when animals disappear from the map and it becomes exclusively barb troops?

This is one reason why I don't hate coastal starts so much. Yes, they may be a little slower since you usually go for a workboat first and don't get a worker as early, but on the other hand, you'll have at least one direction that you don't have to worry about barbarians coming from. 360-degree fogbusting is kind of tough.

Kossin, I guessed you typed your apology too soon :lol:

I don't think it was a tough map, so much as it being tough luck. I would have thought that the barb animals would have bought you some more time. Can someone tell me where I can find when barb troops spawn and when animals disappear from the map and it becomes exclusively barb troops?

I recommend reading this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=299483
Look out for DanF's posts.

This is the part I had forgotten, post #25
When the era of barb animals is over, the existing creatures are not eradicated in 1 major extinction event. Instead, the game kills off 1 animal per turn until they are all gone and will insert regular barb units (Warriors, Archers, ...) as they are "needed" during the next IBT (can be > 1 unit/turn!, ALL required units are created immediately).

I'm glad you finally lost although it's a lame loss like this :D

Let me be the first to say "Bwaahahahahahahahahaha!" :D

Unlucky there, let's try that again. :)

I don't know... I might play it out offline and post the results, but for now I believe I'll move on to Hannibal when I come back.

Hannibal, now talk about a great leader after Tokugawa.

Nice UB, amazing traits, ok UU.

That's unlucky!

I mean, you will lose battles at those odds obv, but doing so at the start is just lethal.

I guess losing your warriors early didn't exactly help either, putting you behind on fogbusting and forcing more warriors to be built(?). Looks like slightly behind on research as well. And I guess losing your exploring warriors also prevented you from getting out an early settler before producing archers (which is possible).

Moving the settler makes sense, but makes surviving barbs 1 turn harder as well.

Swarming barbs at start are lethal. So bad luck with those and bad luck with the odds. Bummer Kossin. I know how you feel. Just played a game last night as Victoria. Brennus got the great wall next to me and I got swarmed by barbs. Dozens of resources pillaged, 5 work boats destroyed, copper taken by Brennus culture and loosing to many archers (on forrested hills and in cities with walls) to barb axemen made me quit the game.

Yeah it felt like my Deity Univeristy game was going to go that way at one point.

It is annoying when you get done over by the RNG though. I say roll on DR Kossin 29, this is a great series.

Sorry you got &%##^ by the RNG at a crucial stage. I think the map will make the game doable if you can get to midgame...
Oh well!

Top Bottom