1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

End of the Beginning of the End

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by EQandcivfanatic, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

“Let him wander around. Do you want to go down there with the worms? They sure as hell don’t ignore us. Maybe in the future we can worry about him but if he comes near our fortress, we’ll count on the concealment of dwarven construction- at least for now.

“If he sticks around, we can look into him more in a bit. For now we have more important things to worry about.”

“You mean…?”

“Yes. I do. We survived demonic bats and shadow jaguars, hellfire and the great bone thirst, but no enemy has proven as deadly as these.”

“Indeed sir.”

Both shudder.

a spearguin named Iggy shouts a battlecry before murderously murdering Bone Covenant dwarves

2. EQandcivfanatic

EQandcivfanatic Zailing Captain Retired Moderator

Whelp, I need that photo on a T-shirt.

3. TheLastJacobite

TheLastJacobite No Commies

Captain Jurus Stayne stood upon the tower balcony and surveyed the extent of Rolloth’s Vigil. The little village that had once been Chorithton continued to grow at a steady clip. Despite the harshness of the environment and the sudden change that had befallen its inhabitants, the Anmari Collective was soldiering on. One of Jurus’s first orders had been to construct a rudimentary barricade of wooden stakes around the whole of the settlement. While it wouldn’t slow down a determined enemy it was enough to keep the decidedly hostile wildlife from roaming into the village. As he watched, a working party under guard hauled more lumber into the town on a travois they had come to rely on so much. Easy to make, the wedge shaped sled could be pulled by one or two people and allowed them to bring in the resources that the Anmari need so desperately to survive.

Looking to his right, Jurus watched as a ship was unloaded at the docks. Originally on the village’s west end, the Shift had found the dock uselessly placed on dry land. It had taken a crew of workers several months to dig it out and relocate into in the new harbor to the north. It had proven usefully when a Telletian carrack had limped into port during their second year in their new home. The merchant had been heading into his home port during the Shift and had suddenly found himself back out at sea. They had been forced to sail in whatever direction the wind sent them, eventually landing on the Icy Finger. Jurus had gladly traded them some excess food in exchange for ore and lumber that had helped to create necessary equipment for the Anmari. Ever since the Telletian captain had continued to stop at Rolloth’s Vigil once or twice a year, bringing much needed supplies and news of the strange new world.

As he watched, Jurus saw a man in a bright green fur coat parading around the docks, inspecting the cargo and he couldn’t help but smile. Cyril Restov had been the local tavern owner in Chorithton and had accepted the mantle of lead trader in their new surroundings with abandon. He had also become a bit of a fashion trendsetter; he had built a tannery in town and started selling sabercat furs to residents. He had paid a hefty amount of gold to have one of the mages (Jurus suspected one of the Twins) to change it from a bland beige to a bright green. A riot had almost broken out when Jurus disallowed the practice, citing the need for all the magicka they had just to survive, not for aesthetics. It had only made the green fur coat that much more desirable.

Jurus pulled his own furs closer around his shoulders and was about to leave when Minn Hyreth strode out the doorway and stood next to him. Jurus looked his old friend up and down and burst out laughing. Minn’s originally plain gray mage’s robes had been transformed into something that would fit into any of the old tales of the Ice Lands far to the East. The cuffs were lined with furry rings with large wooly mittens hanging down from attached strings. A similar trim had been added along the hem. The crowning feature was a full sabercat head that had replaced the hood, making it look as though Minn’s head was being swollen whole or coughed back up. Stone faced, Minn joined Jurus and leaned against the railing saying only “It’s important to stay warm.”

“It’s also important to not look as though you’re being mounted by a sabercat” Jurus said wiping tears of mirth from his eyes. Minn shot him a dark glance before nodding at the Telletian ship that was preparing to depart. “Is that our latest shipment?”

Jurus composed himself and nodded. “Yes. Enough water to last us another two years. We should be ok for at least a little while.” Supplies were a critical issue for the Anmari. With poor soil, cold weather and only the fish and hostile wildlife around, food was always in demand with limited supply. The well and snowmelts provided water but not nearly enough. Without the departing Telletian ship and other traders, the Anmari would wither and die. Minn cleared his throat pointedly and asked “Have you though more about my suggestion? I understand you’re hesitant about using magicka after the Mammoth incident.”

The Anmari Captain sighed. Two of the mages, twin brothers Nammice and Gilroy Colman, had concocted a scheme to tame a herd of mammoths to use are transportation and war vehicles (should the need arise). Nam and Gil had wooed Minn and then Jurus on the idea, assuring both the spells they had found would work. When they time came, something went wrong and the mammoth herd had stampeded, killing almost two dozen villagers. The only upside had been the meat and furs that had kept the town warm and fed. “I’ve had doubts about it before that happened. There’s just too much that could go wrong. I’d rather save what magicka we have for more important things. Let’s see what the scouts turn up on patrol.”

Minn nodded silently. He glanced at Jurus quickly. The toll of leadership was already showing on his friend. He was actually glad that Jurus had laughed at him; he wasn’t sure if the warrior was capable anymore. He also disliked burdening the young man with even more stress, but he had little choice. Biting the bullet, he blurted out “There may be a problem with two of the families in town.”

Stayne cocked an eyebrow at the mage. “Oh? Do tell.”

Now it was Minn’s turn to sigh. “It appears that the Pasret and Kalish families are at odds with one another. There have been some fights and many loud arguments. It appears to have started from Serfs and Lords.” The game was an Anmari classic, focused on acquiring land and impoverishing the other players. It was an excellent way to spend time in cold winter months but it had a propensity to bring out the worst in some people, though to the degree it was manifesting itself now was unheard of.

Jurus pinched the bridge of his nose and massaged his forehead. “Please tell me you have an idea of how to solve it.” Minn shot him a wicked grin. “Oh I do. But you probably won’t like it.”

4. EQandcivfanatic

Just want to say, I'm loving the quality of stories coming through with this game. Kudos and 10 EQ Dollars (Usable in the Republic of Eqistan only) to all who have contributed.

This is the only warning to get in orders I will be giving until late Sunday, so you have been warned.

5. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

>war breaks out
    Guys I literally had a superweapon for sale last turn.

6. Grandkhan

Grandkhan Telvanni Master Wizard

I hate to break this to you, but as a rule, wizards are nasty people. They're powerful, capricious, ruthless, egotistical, used to getting their own way. That's being kind.
    Balthazar Orilon, Headman of Nede

"It is intolerable! It shall not stand!" Ulysson banged his staff upon the oak table furiously. Thalimar sighed, and lifted up his mug before it slid off. "The pissant little village cannot treat us this way! I demand recompense!"

"I had to sleep on the ground!" another wizard called. "Do you know how bloody uncomfortable that is? And it was cold!"

Thalimar groaned and buried his head in his hands. "You slept on the ground that entire journey. Don't act like you somehow suffered."

"Well," the offending wizard said, looking peeved, "I didn't have to that night. I was denied an opportunity. I'm sure you appreciate -"

"I don't. Believe it or not, your mistreatment at the hands of untrained peasants does not register as highly as the fact that there are a bunch of untrained peasants that outnumber us four-to-one nearby, among other things."

"Oh pish-posh," Eudamon snorted. "They're peasants. They're not even wizards, let alone mages. One sniff of Gaulir's Resplendent Fireball and they'll go running."

"Be that as it may," Thalimar said evenly, rubbing his temples, "I'd rather not have them showing up at our doorstep. Even then, we've got barely enough water to last us through the year. That troubles me." Dear gods, he thought to himself, I need a drink. It was like managing children. Arrogant, smug, unempathetic children.

There was a low hum, and the entire room turned to watch a food elemental whirr past. They had given them the run of the Institute - they went where they pleased, mostly unconcerned with whatever happened, periodically lashing out at anything they considered a threat - luckily, that last category didn't include the residents. One of them, Thalimar remembered with a chuckle, still had a hand embedded in it - Foromir had reached in to snatch an apple, and had watched it taken away, ripped clean off, along with the rest of the food in it. Thalimar wondered if it was possible to get it out, and study the forces that animated it... perhaps if you lopped off Foromir's other hand, and initiated a sympathetic resonant connection, and swapped their places... no, now was not the time. He'd sort that out later - Eudamon was speaking.

"...perhaps, a way to ensure a font of water for several hundred people," he was saying.

"Unlikely," Ulysson cut in. "The cost in thaums energy would be immense. We're talking nearly 120 gigaThaums here. It would be a decade before we could summon up that much energy."

"There issssss... one way," a voice hissed from the wall. Seoror the Unclean disengaged from it, his ebony black cloak billowing around him - despite the lack of wind. Against the light his skin was a clammy pallor, and the shadows clung to him as he spoke. "The sssorceriessss that man wassss not meant to wot of... The forbidden artsssss... blood majyk."

"Seoror, literally half of us practice blood magic. Hell, Eudamon sacrifices a random pretty much annually," Thalimar said. "I dunno why you keep acting like it's forbidden."

"Ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!" Seoror hissed. "You do not understand its true power!" He wrapped his cloak around him, and fled into the night. The effect was spoiled slightly when he tripped over his cloak on the stairs, but they watched him go anyway. There was an awkward silence.

"What I want to know is," Ulysson said, breaking it, "how do you pronounce a y?"

Thalimar shrugged.

"He's got a point. There's no other way to get the thaumic energy we need," one of the Wizards said.

Thalimar's eyes alighted on the map again. He grinned wickedly. "Oh, I know a way. Eudamon, break out that book you talked about. We're about to use it." Eudamon's eyes lit up. "No, we're not about to sacrifice the grad students," Thalimar said, heading him off. "Alright, maybe a few. But I know exactly where we can find 120 gigathaums."

7. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

Magi:
    Spoiler :
    Maig'ir zalin ra'si: Terran Empress
    Leader: Ya'ra'si Zanna'isha (Mage)
    Race: Elves
    Faction Trait: Militaristic
    Capital: Hold of the Magi (Elven Enclave; Zone 29)
    Structures: School
    Population: 306
    Education: General
    Gold: 1,742
    Food: 1,061 (+200)
    Water: 1,093 (+200)
    Lumber: 250
    Ore: 0
    Magicka: 283
    Weapons: 200 Swords, 120 Spears
    Animals and Transports: 3 Steppe Snakes
    Soldiers: 47 Archers, 15 Mages

Challenge:
    Spoiler :
    Let him remain, when he finishes, we can either destroy the device if it is bad, or use it if it is good. Either way, we don't know what he is working on, and if we try to stop him, we don't' want to get into a struggle. Just leave him alone and figure out what he is doing.

Orders:
    Spoiler :

Build 3 Longbows for 15 lumber

Train 3 Archers for 300 gold

Train 5 Mages for 1500 Gold (deficit is payed for in trade orders below)

Send an Expedition consisting of 15 mages and 30 Archers armed with Swords down into the Swampkin Lair. Avoid the swamp people if possible, and try to stun and subdue them over killing them. Gather treasure if possible, and search for the force controlling the swamp people, but start to leave if any of our forces begin to feel like they are getting controlled, and when we leave our ultimate goal is to subdue, incapacitate, capture, and bring home one of the swamp people to see if the force loses it's control over the being. Once we get it back to our home, keep it locked up incase it starts to go berserk, but again try to communicate with it, firstly through speech if possible, and only if speech is not possible, even through the use of a translation spell, use the same mind meld spell as the last time to attempt to communicate.

Send 20 archers armed with swords and longbows, as well as 5 mages to continue to explore zone 28

Trade:
    Spoiler :
    Sell 93 water for 4278 gold

8. bestshot9

bestshot9 Monkey Sharpshooter

Dawnbringer Cult Orders:

Stats:
    Spoiler :
    Dawnbringer Cult: bestshot9
    Leader: Archmage Kayul Darrono (Mage)
    Race: Humans
    Faction Trait: Militaristic
    Capital: Thurysius College (Mage Tower; Zone 84)
    Structures: None
    Population: 310
    Education: Basic
    Gold: 0
    Food: 245 (+0)
    Water: 245 (+0)
    Lumber: 0
    Ore: 0
    Magicka: 100
    Weapons: 200 Swords, 100 Spears
    Animals and Transports: None
    Soldiers: 45 Mages

Leader's Challenge Response:

We will send delegates to Goldenshire, spreading the word of Darrono. We will allow them to join us in paradise if they join the Dawnbringer's cause. If they refuse, we will invade their town, without warning. Survivors will be enslaved and if any resist we will kill one in ten until they begin to cooperate.

9. Quisani

Quisani Gaming Person

"The lore is quite clear Farras, As ‘Ufranul Uddel dreamed Agurdun and the Vannant, so Agurdun fashioned the Zebdâru Gensin. And as such, Zebdar Kamin embued the stone giants with his divine authority. They were his hands in fashioning the old world of Gensin, fashioning it for our needs. That alone makes them deserving of veneration! I've even found a song that speaks of their veneration in the bygone era when they were first among us!" The young dwarf Nipar had been petitioning Farras for several weeks now. Farras would have regretted selecting Nipar for a Cleric Apprenticeship, but he knew the lad had enough piety to take the job, and enough intelligence and interest to do the job better then Farras could at this time. The ancestors and the gods deserve their respect, but Farras needed to keep folk alive long enough to have time to pay respects.

"And what exactly does that mean, Nipar? Kamin and the other gods may not be around, but are we going to replace him with his servants? Should we worship servant as well as master?" Farras did not take such issues lightly. Dwarven lore had many references to cults in by gone eras.

"Does not one show respect to the steward while the master is away? Is not the steward entrusted with the masters authority? Would we not show respect to Grypons of Bagd if we were in his airy realms? Would we not pay respects to the ancestors of our clan, or another if we were on pilgrimage? In one way or another the stone giants carry the divine authority of Kamin, as Kamin carries the divine authority of Agurdun, as Agurdun carries the authority of the most divine ‘Ufranul Uddel." Nipar looked like he was about to continue his exhortation, but Farras held up a hand.

"Enough. If we are to venerate these Stone Giants, so be it. Just make sure you explain it to the rest of them in simple terms. The same way the butcher doesn't need to know or understand how his knife was made, so the laity won't understand every nuance. As long as they know theres a hierarchy and that it's not a heresy, it's fine by me." Farras stood silent for another moment.

"And send me that song that speaks of their veneration. If were gonna worship them, we're gonna do it right. I don't care if it was one thousand years ago or ten thousand, our traditions will be kept."

10. EQandcivfanatic

Starting work on the update now, so you stragglers need to get those orders in!

11. thomas.berubeg

thomas.berubeg Wandering the World

Starborn Walkers: Thomas.berubeg
    Spoiler :
    Leader: Captain Aelfwine (Adventurer)
    Race: Human
    Faction Trait: Agrarian
    Capital: Stargarth (Dungeon; Zone 19)
    Structures: Well, Farming Equipment, Fortifications, Forge
    Population: 330
    Gold: 0
    Food: 540 (+160)
    Water: 310 (+170)
    Lumber: 80
    Ore: 450
    Magicka: 55 (-20)
    Weapons: 30 Swords, 20 Crossbows
    Animals and Transports: 30 Horses, 1 Longboat
    Soldiers: 10 Knights, 30 Mages

Challenge:
    Spoiler :
    A great demon has emerged from a previous sealed chamber in the dungeon. Our forces were prepared to fight it when it suddenly offered us its services. It has stated that it has watched us from its slumber and hopes to aid us in our goals to rebuild a society. It has further stated that should we request it to leave, it will. Our people are understandably nervous about a demon in our midst. How do we respond to this offer?

Solution:
    Spoiler :
    We are in no position to refuse any assistance, as suspect as it may be. The stories do mention beneficial demons in the past, so, we welcome this demon, and listen to it’s wise advice. What is it’s name? Does it have any advice for producing enough food and water?

Orders:
    Spoiler :
    20 magica into the Death Curse.

I’m not sure if the -20 is already applied. If it is not, apply it.

Half of Remaining magica into trying to slow my people’s consumption of resources. Ask the demon for help in doing this magic.

Send the Longboat Blizzard in Summer back to Sunken Mee-ah-mee, the Hellscape, with an expedition consisting of 7 Knights on 7 horses, 3 mages on 3 horses, 10 Longswords, 10 Crossbows, and 20 more people, led by Husjarl Sigrid Itilstor(Mage.) They are to carefully scout out the Risen One, and if they feel they can, raid that dungeon.

12. Cadellon

Cadellon Nightrunner

Imortan Seventeen Brotherhood

By decree of our Immortal leader Kassandra, the region which we inhabit shall be from now on named " Sundering Valleys' to commemorate the cataclysm that has taken the lives of many of our brothers.

Orders
    Spoiler :
    35 people will mine
    100 will farm and gather food
    100 will collect wood by clearing an area around our fortress
    75 people and 20 mages will head to Slope with 70 swords and 25 spears.

Challenge
    Spoiler :
    Upon arriving in Slope, one mage reads this letter:

' Brothers of Slope, this tragic era of ours is chaotic and dangerous. Little stands between you and the horrors of the wasteland. Aside from the Brotherhood, for our the might of our mages stands its own against our common enemies. Today, we offer you protection, and a place in the Empire which we are building. As Brothers.'

Slope is given the choice to join us. If they refuse, we dispose with any resistance and submit them to our rule. The goal is not to slay everyone but to give a demonstration of our power.
    (up to 10 magicka can be spent in the battle)

13. Ahigin

Ahigin Emperor

Due to a number of unexpected real-life commitments I won't be able to keep up with the game, so I have to drop the Free Reach of Zlatocraina. It's free for grabbing if anyone is interested.

Sorry for leaving the game so early, it has nothing to do with its quality or format. In fact, it was very pleasant to read the updates while I had time. I hope to be back for the continuation of BOTWAWKI.

14. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

Clan Blackfist Orders

Stats:
    Spoiler :
    Clan Blackfist: Nailix
    Leader: Oren Blackfist (Warrior)
    Race: Dwarves
    Faction Trait: Innovative
    Capital: Blackfist Hold (Dwarf Fortress; Zone 120)
    Structures: None
    Population: 263
    Gold: 19,700
    Food: 962 (+0)
    Water: 962 (+0)
    Lumber: 0
    Ore: 1,000 (+250)
    Magicka: 0
    Weapons: 100 Swords, 50 Crossbows, 25 Muskets
    Soldiers: 37 Footmen

Spending:
    Spoiler :
    Spend 1,150 gold, 230 ore and 23 swords on 23 footmen.
    Spend 1,500 gold, 15 crossbows on 15 archers. (17,050g, 1,020o)
    Trade 500 ore for 13,000 gold.

Military/Movement
    Spoiler :
    Post 10 archers on hills/trees around our entrance with 15 footmen just outside the entrance to patrol/guard from any attack.
    Have the remaining 5 archers just inside the fort ready to fire on any imposing forces that break though, with 25 footmen near the door serving as a funnel or choke point to cut the bandits down easier.
    The remaining footmen will be further in the fort to help protect the women, children, and our leader and his counsel.

Challenge
    Spoiler :
    Continue to be cautious, using only the most trusted to stay with our leader, but we wont act out any punishments until we have further proof. There is no reason to begin inner turmoil with a greater threat yet to be dealt with and no real proof that there is anything going on. We will have loyal and trusted citizens on the look out for any suspicious behavior that might lead to a rebellion or revolt of some kind and report back.

15. TheLastJacobite

TheLastJacobite No Commies

“This time it will work!”

“We swear!”

Minn Hyreth slowly rubbed his temples with his index and middle fingers. He was standing in the room of the Colman Twins, Nammice and Gilroy. As always, it looked like some sort of book bomb had gone off; there were tomes and scrolls littering every surface. One wall was dominated by a huge chalk board upon which were spells and runes that even he had trouble following. The Twins were standing before him with a large leather necklace with a round stone etched with symbols hanging from it.

“Explain it to me again” he said before quickly throwing up his hands. “Slowly! And one at a time!”

The Twins had been born in a small village on Anmare’s northern coastline. When they were very young, the village had been raided and sacked by a group of pirates working for the Frustar Cities. Everyone in the town had been killed except the Twins because they had shown magical potential, so they’d been taken to one of the Frustar Institutes. There, they’d undergone all sorts of heinous experiments. When the Anmari had rescued them, they had discovered that Frustar had performed some sort of a mind melding between them. One of Minn’s teachers had explained it as though the Twins were one mind split between two bodies. While this made them excellent mages, it made communication with them difficult as they talked fast and would finish each other’s sentences which greatly confused those not used to them.

Nam started. “We had the right idea before with the mammoths.”

“Which we’re sorry about again” Gill added.

“A communication spell WILL work; we just tried it on too large a group. This” he said holding up the amulet “will allow us to talk to one animal at a time.”

“We focus on training that one, figure out exactly what to do, then we try it on the others!”

“Then we can use the trained one to help us get the others in line! Once they know that we can feed them-“

“They’ll be lining up to join! Plus, once they’re borne in captivity we can train them from birth!”

“Which will take even less magic. We worked out an algorithm illustrating the decline in magic needed per animal. We started by using Piscatoe’s Principal of Decay-“

“Then factored in Fulmer’s Law of Magical Longevity, which created a weird reaction”

“We think we might have found a new dimension that only we can see”

“But once we worked out the kinks we were able to implant they old animal husbandry spells”

“Which are really old, like ancient. We think the elves might have come up with them because the glyphs they use are an odd combination of human and elven”

“With darrow and other ones we don’t recognize thrown in. We’re going to look into-“

“ENOUGH” Minn had to shout, throwing up his hands. If you let them keep talking they would go on forever. “How do you know it will work?”

“We tried it already.” They responded in unison both turning to point to a small cage sitting on one of the desks. Inside was a single rat watching the conversation and unmistakably wearing a necklace in miniature of the one they were holding. Gil walked over and opened the cage. The rat scampered out and came to the edge of the desk where it stood up on its hind legs, sniffing the air near the young mage. Gil looked at the creature intently and said “Bring me a leaf of glassweed.”

The rat turned and scuttled away. Gil turned back to Minn and started talking again. “He understands us so long as the amulet stays on. If it falls off, he’s still trained”

“And partially domesticated” Nam quipped.

“But he can’t understand complex commands. With mounts it should be easier, because they’re bigger and they can learn motions rather than words.”

“So we shouldn’t have to keep the amulets on them forever”

“But it might not hurt”

A sudden squeaking caused the three mages to turn back to the desk. The rat had returned and was hopping up and down trying to get their attention. Clutched between its teeth was an unmistakable spiral sprig of glassweed, which Gil took and rewarded the rat with a piece of cheese. Minn turned back to the Twins.

“Color me impressed. But how are we supposed to get that” he pointed at the necklace “onto a mammoth.”

The Twins exchanged a quick glance between themselves.

“It won’t work on a mammoth”

“At least not this one”

“We need to start smaller”

“We said that already”

Minn sighed again, fearing the answer to the question he was about to ask. “So what are we supposed to put that on?”

“A bear of course!”

Anmari Collective Orders
    Spoiler :
    Challenge Solution: Normally, such actions would be left to the two families to resolve. However, given our much more confined quarters and because the issue has led to violence, the leadership must step in to resolve it. We cannot have two of our larger families at each other’s throats, as we all must work together to survive. The two feuding families will be given a choice. They can have a tournament playing Serfs and Lords (with Capt. Stayne and other leaders acting as impartial judges and Coinkeepers so there is no cheating of any sort) with one family being declared the winner and settling the matter. Or they can drop the whole problem and act like it never happened and move on. However, both families must agree on the solution. If they cannot agree on either the tournament or letting the matter go, both families will be relegated to only perform menial tasks such as latrine duty, boiling snow, gutting fish, skinning animals etc. (separately of course) for two weeks. That should give both sides the incentive to drop it or hold what would be one of the greatest Monopoly Serfs and Lords Tournament ever, as it would be a round robin tournament that will take days if not weeks to complete. And if they choose the tournament, I’m sure they’ll get sick of the game before it’s over and that will settle the matter

Allocate 8 magicka for the Twins’ experiment. They will craft an Amulet of Calming and Communication that will make a bear more docile and allow it to understand human commands. They (with a party of 10 footmen, 4 archers and another mage for protection) will attempt to use magic to subdue a bear. When one is found (that does not appear to be sickly and that is by itself), they will use magic to put it to sleep then slip the amulet around its neck. When it awakens, they will continue to use magic to calm it and give it some food and attempt to communicate with it that working with humans will get it more food that it does not have to hunt for. If it is agreeable and does not attempt to maul anyone, bring it back to the Vigil where we will begin to train it and see if it can be made to carry people. If it is not agreeable, kill it, retrieve the amulet, bring the meat back to the Vigil and we’ll try again next year. The Twins are to be protected at all costs, with the other mage with them there solely to provide protective spells should they be attacked.

Sell 75 of our existing lumber stores for 6,600 gold. Use 2500 gold to buy 2500 units of food, enough to last us 4-5 years. Use magicka to determine that gold is real and that the food is not spoiled, fake, made from humans, etc.

Use 25 Lumber to create 5 Longbows

Continue to send out patrols of 10-20 soldiers (majority footmen, with archers and the occasional mage for support) to explore the Icy Finger.

Have our population continue to fish the shores for additional food and boil snow for water (all with guards). Have the majority focus on harvesting lumber, with occasional parties (with guards) looking for any scavenging.

As always, bring any and all animals we kill that we can back to Rolloth’s Vigil for their fur and meat.

16. Nuka-sama

Nuka-sama See ya! It has been a fun decade!

Pelgia Orders:

Sell 300 Lumber
    Buy 3000 food
    Send 30 Footmen, 10 Archers on an expedition to Zone 55
    Declare Zone 63 to be Ichaelia
    Have my entire population be gathering lumber, while my soldiers guard them
    -------

Emperor's Challenge: The restriction on births will be completely lifted, due to the passing of the crisis. Any refugee who fled our lands will be welcomed back once more if they so choose.

17. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Drinking to celebrate new job. Write my portion of the update in the same spirit(s).

Windgard: Shadowbound
    Leader: Toruviel, Mistress of the Mountain (Politician)
    Race: Elves
    Faction Trait: Adventurous
    Capital: Windguard (Elven Enclave; Zone 96)
    Structures: School, Fortifications (2), Lookout Tower, Well, Farming Equipment (3), Lumber Mill, Forge
    Population: 539
    Education: General
    Gold: 200
    Food: 728 (+450)
    Water: 818 (+230)
    Lumber: 316 (+50)
    Ore: 500
    Magicka: 619
    Weapons: 340 Swords, 80 Spears
    Soldiers: 38 Footmen, 41 Archers, 4 Clerics, 19 Mages

Trade

Sell 200 ore, BUY LOW SELL HIGH

Buy 400 food

Send an appropriate war party to the humans with a gift of 200 swords.

Production

Magicka up 84 lumber

Build 2 wells with 300 ore and 400 lumber

Whip up 8 more clerics and 6 more mages

Challenge Orders

Shave the Lorax and send him back to the trees.

Use his hair in a magic spell to curse the dryads. It's probably magical, or at least has some relationship with them that will let us bypass their protective magic. Spend 100 magicka on this.

18. EQandcivfanatic

Just stating that stragglers have additional time, as I have been a bit busier than expected this week and we are definitely behind schedule.

19. Everblack

Everblack Blacker then you

Aw man the suspense is killing me to see the next update.

20. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

imma drop cause I don't know what I'm doing and that isn't terribly fun for me
    (also time)