Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

One question:
Is it possible to customize EUI with noobish modding skills?

Yes!:)
For example, I'd like to have the diplo icons on the left side, so they don't overlap with the event icons (while disabling unit and city icons).

But not this. It's effectively part of the notifications, and would require major surgery. Even if it could be done, it would become much more difficult to take on new features and bug fixes from later releases. My advice, forget it.

What do people use the unit panel for? Or, perhaps, what is its intended purpose?

It seems like it might somehow be a workaround to the problem of auto cycle unit dragging you all over the map, since the units are sorted by distance. But that would only apply if only units needing an action where shown.

I thought I might be able to use it to check on, say, each of my workers, but because the list gets resorted each time you select one, this doesn't really work; You can't just click the next entry in the list.

So, what am I missing?

I'm pretty sure that before the latest version when in the diplomacy screen you could hover over the relationship (Neutral, Guarded, etc.) and get all of the relationship modifers, but now it doesn't and you have to go to the right of the screen and find the person you're talking to. Is that intentional?

Same for me :(

Same for me :(

Have you tried updating? I had the problem using version 1.28c, updated to 1.28e and it's fine.

EDIT: Sorry ignore that, it was the CP mod giving me the info. Just played vanilla with EUI and the data is not there any more :(

What do people use the unit panel for? Or, perhaps, what is its intended purpose?

It seems like it might somehow be a workaround to the problem of auto cycle unit dragging you all over the map, since the units are sorted by distance. But that would only apply if only units needing an action where shown.

I thought I might be able to use it to check on, say, each of my workers, but because the list gets resorted each time you select one, this doesn't really work; You can't just click the next entry in the list.

So, what am I missing?

Never figured it out so I just turn it off. It can become a massive distraction when you have a lot of units. I think a lot of people do this as I seen plenty of requests to move the news updates from the RHS (where there isn't enough space for the diplo and news lists) to the LHS, where there's plenty of space when the unit list is turned off.

So, what am I missing?

I usually set some ships to auto-explorer. When it's time to upgrade them, rather than combing the map to find them, it's easier to click on them on the unit panel. It took me a while to realize you can click on the 3-arrow icon at the bottom of the list and determine which units you want to show up.

If you're like me and put ranged units in your cities as garrisons, you could, theoretically, just check off ranged units so it would make them easier to click on and upgrade.

I've run into a very serious problem-
I'm using the most STABLE version of EUI and the BETA version of Community Patch (and others below).
When I start the game the entire unit panel will not come up- even if i click on a unit. This prevents me from even starting the game.

Mod List:
Spoiler :

Community Patch (BETA)
Community Balance Patch
CSD for CBP
Civ IV Diplomatic Features
More Luxuries
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)
Barbarian Immersion Enhancements
Advancing Worker
Ethnic Units
Faster Aircraft Animations
Historical Religons Complete
Improved Air Recon
Ingame Editor
Internation Utopia Project
JFD's Cities in Development
JFD's Cultural Diversity
JFD's Rise to Power
Leadership Reformation (This Mod)
Music Changer
Pillage Perfect
Quick Turns
Events and Decisions
Trading Posts Turn into Towns

I've run into a very serious problem-
I'm using the most STABLE version of EUI and the BETA version of Community Patch (and others below).
When I start the game the entire unit panel will not come up- even if i click on a unit. This prevents me from even starting the game.

Mod List:
Spoiler :

Community Patch (BETA)
Community Balance Patch
CSD for CBP
Civ IV Diplomatic Features
More Luxuries
Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)
Barbarian Immersion Enhancements
Advancing Worker
Ethnic Units
Faster Aircraft Animations
Historical Religons Complete
Improved Air Recon
Ingame Editor
Internation Utopia Project
JFD's Cities in Development
JFD's Cultural Diversity
JFD's Rise to Power
Leadership Reformation (This Mod)
Music Changer
Pillage Perfect
Quick Turns
Events and Decisions
Trading Posts Turn into Towns

Leadership Reformation replaces the UnitPanel - there's a fix on the workshop page

I'm not sure that Trading Posts Turn into Towns will work well with CID...

Thanks for the help. Shame TP into Towns won't work well with CiD.

Really? I need to catch up on modding
I should work on my mod next to update it with these awesome mods.
But- this isn't about EUI at all... sorry about that!

I'm having a problem where the city screen doesn't show the correct cost for units and buildings and also doesn't let me buy things with gold or faith. The cost of things also changes every turn by what looks like random. They increase and decrease.

The UI mod is the only mod I'm using and I have all the DLC that come with the Complete Edition. The game has been updated through Steam.

This is what the city screen looks like http://i.imgur.com/fUPO3B7.jpg

I tried makes another save which didn't fix it. Older version of the UI works fine but I don't know which it is since I've had it for a while.

Any help is appreciated :)

I'm having a problem where the city screen doesn't show the correct cost for units and buildings and also doesn't let me buy things with gold or faith. The cost of things also changes every turn by what looks like random. They increase and decrease.

The numbers shown are how much more gold/faith you need before being able to purchase.

The numbers shown are how much more gold/faith you need before being able to purchase.

Wow I feel like such an idiot :blush: thanks a lot! Is there any way to disable just that feature? I don't see it in the interface options

Wow I feel like such an idiot :blush: thanks a lot! Is there any way to disable just that feature? I don't see it in the interface options

someone already posted how to remove this, but don't find the post at the moment.
You have to change the script. Go to
\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView
and open CityView.lua with an text editor.
Search for "goldCost-cash" and replace it with "goldCost" only (so remove the "-cash")
Do the same for "faithCost-faith" and "plotCost-cash" .

someone already posted how to remove this, but don't find the post at the moment.
You have to change the script. Go to
\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\CityView
and open CityView.lua with an text editor.
Search for "goldCost-cash" and replace it with "goldCost" only (so remove the "-cash")
Do the same for "faithCost-faith" and "plotCost-cash" .

Thanks for the help :)

Can anyone tell me how to get the old Buy Title system back? The little gold coin in the top left is missplaced on my screen and it bugs me a bit too much:crazyeye:

Did you delete your EUI folder in the DLC after every update? Or maybe the mods you use are messing up the CityView.lua screen.

i use different versions of EUI (original and CBP version). is there a way to make your mod clickable in the DLC options screen of the main game and to put different versions of EUI in different folders? that would be a very appreciated enhancement. ;)

Top Bottom