Eurocentrism

dacubz145

Deity
Welcome to TTT: Eurocentrism a mod that focusses on simply the history of Europe.

Everything in this mod is European, yet still follows basic civilization. Choose between 38 civilizations and 87 leaders to conquer the continent. With this mod you get a European feel but at the same time still get a BTS feel to it. To keep things balanced, most (19) of the non-European wonders have been replaced directly (usually with varying technologies/cost) with a European wonder. For example the American Hollywood is replaced by the European Bolshoi. The Pentagon with Reichstag, Chichen Itza with Knossos Labyrinth, Angkor Wat with Meteora, Great Pyramids with The Coliseum. List goes on and on. The people of Firaxis did a great job making the game balanced, this mod wants to enhance it, but still keep the correct balance, in which so many other mods destroy.

Several other things in the mod has changed as well. Catholicism, Protestant, and Orthodox are the three religions (beside Islam which is only available in the scenario). Several new units (ex. Cog, Lancer) and buildings (ex. archery range, Public Bath) have been added. Other units replaced (ex. the American Stealth bomber replaced with a Jet Bomber).

Along with a blank Europe Map, a 1600 scenario comes with the mod. Please visit the thread below for greater details
1600 Scenario Thread

Download
Along with all of my other mods, I welcome criticism, comments, corrections, help, compliments, or any feedback about the mod. I am from America, so I am sure European history buffs would love and tell me how I messed up your history :lol:

I guess you want to be the guy with the most real mods around, right :D?

-> :goodjob:
Nahh, trust me I would combine them if I could:lol: Around a year ago i had just TTT and the mod size was over 800 mb in a month, so decided it would need to be split up, so slowly I will come up with mods covering as much time periods as possible
Well done :)

It was a good idea to split them up. I like the idea of a mod that focuses on one place and/or era.

It was a good idea to split them up. I like the idea of a mod that focuses on one place and/or era.

Exactly, leads to more accuracy as well

From this mod I will expand it to Imperialism and Colonization. Imperialism got voted as what should be the next TTT mod, but I thought I might as well create this as a base and than expand it

I want to adventually add a couple but I definatly do not need it

I am going to be asding city name scripting to the map (Similar to Rhyes and fall but a bit more precise)

Not sure which scenario i will adventually do since roman times is pretty muc already covered, and i am not going to do another modern one, so undecided yet for which one

crusades and mongol invasion, dark ages britain. they would be which nice to do I think

I was thinking 30 years war also, since out of all the wars its probably the one I already have themost civs in for. I will finish doing the to do list for the initial release, then for the first update I will be putting in everything needed for the scenario, then the second I should be able to get the scenario done.

I plan on doing the whole to-do list tomorrow, to prepare for the release the next day

Some of the unit classes I plan on adding:
-Tank Destroyer
-Seaplane
-Cog
-Holk
-Main Battle Tank (as a replacement for Modern Armor)
-Jet Bomber (as replacement for stealth bomber)
-Lancer
-Foot Knight
-Guisarme
-Cruiser

Unless someone has another request or would like to see one of these in, I will probably put 1-4 in for the release

I also am considering possibly adding one of the following civs for the release:
Dannish Empire
Slovak empire
Swiss Empire
Italian empire

I am leaning toward slovak because there is one already available on the site that has two UU, so itll save me time which i can use to add more unitclasses..but i beleive the other three have a richer history. If someone could suggest another UU for either swiss or Dannish than I will add one of those. If not I will either add italy, slovak or wait untill next update

Danish could have cimbrian warriors, the ones that fought Mario, and some kind of danish axeman, or perhaps a longboat.

Swiss, beside the famous swiss guards, no idea. Mercenaries?

Mmmm....perhaps bankers then...i don´t recall any other famous swiss fighters. :D

The helvetti tribe in republican roman times, nothing more.

I plan on adventually adding them all in but coming up with second UU's arent that easy for most

Things added yesterday for the release further today
Dannish Empire
Main Battle Tank (Modern Armor Replacement)
Jet Bomber (Stealth Bomber Replacement)
Lancer (War Elephant Replacement
Cog

Need to finish text and European Union and than will release mod later today

Top Bottom