Europa Europa: European Empires Mod

@Gunner: Please give the Danish unique naval unit another name - although snekke is a term for a viking longship it is also the modern term for a small fishing boat. Replace it with drageskip, a term that refers to the figurehead of the viking longships. In addition it was the vikings from Sweden that were most famous for transporting their ships over land during their voyages to Russia (Novgorod and so forth).

I'm getting creamed so far on Prince diff. About the BC/AD changeover I normally have 3-5 cities and everyone else is happily plugging along with 7-10! I think I need to adjust my style to these new cramped quarters. I try to put my cities far apart to maximize culture, but it's not working. Hmmm... ;)

Heav said:
And 1 propose to V.Soma and Holyman, don't use this word: "Felvidék", because I am getting bit angry, you know why....
Then I suggest you don't use the word: Slovakia because I'm getting a bit angry, you know why...
Oh, and about getting angry: that is MOHÁCS you genious!

HolyOne said:
Then I suggest you don't use the word: Slovakia because I'm getting a bit angry, you know why...
Oh, and about getting angry: that is MOHÁCS you genious!

1. This is still sensibile theme, and I don't want go into deep here.
2. I write without diacritics.
3. I do not know your geographical names in your language. Do you know name in english for correct me?

OK, back to topic(UUs).

Heav said:
1. This is still sensibile theme, and I don't want go into deep here.
2. I write without diacritics.
3. I do not know your geographical names in your language. Do you know name in english for correct me?

OK, back to topic(UUs).
1. Yes, it is sensitive and you have just gone deep enough to make me react that way. no offense
2. that's understandable
3. Mohacs. They write without diacritics too.

I have nice game now:

Bohemia, on start i stoped Venice to expand on Balcan. I have built cities near Buda and later whole west Balcan coast is mine. I found catholicism.
Then i attacked on venice and capture them, next target was Papal, and in this time I was preparing for invasion to Hungary(pyramids in Buda+weak army), but my "friend" Sobiesky declared war, I had some defensive action and I must reorganized my army to attack on Poland, now I captured 3 his best cities and I have in plan destroy him.
I am building african monopolies, I think they are bit expensive:).

HolyOne: OK, I corrected it in my post, thanks.

@ Gunner

on sweden i actually i also did some more reading and found out that Denmark back then from )800-1808) stayed ahead in sea power due to Copenhagen placement ,blocking swedish access to more water, and therefor the cause to the many wars between sweden and denmark, in 1657 Whit gustav wasa as king, properly the greatest king in sweden) the first swedish war was won by Gustav wasa and Denmark lost skaane halland and blikinge, not due to a big navy, but due to good swedish troops and a frozen strip of sea they could cross (damned little ice age!!:mad: )

Since denmark was Really big from 750 til 1250-ish they should have strong UU' in that era We agree on
The Danish UU the Huskarl and The longboat (in 1184 125 viking longboat won over around 500 venetian boats near rygen.:lol: .)
but since Denmark is and always will be a major sailing power in the world, Even now a days (mearsk møller container shipping) it is VERY tempting to give Denmark two sailing UU one viking and one around 1300-1400.. Denmark had maybe the largest fleet in the world from 1500-ish til 1800-ish :king: (the last dansih ship of lins was sunk by england in 1808) until the napoleon wars where denmark made some really bad dececiens... and england therefor sailed to Copenhagen and forced Denmark to give it's navy to england, making england the biggest navy in the world!!

If denmark get's two UU's then sweden should get the Huskarl and a musket man...Tough choice In my eye's..:crazyeye:

Either we give denmark a strong viking unit and longboat making them strong in viking ages, and sweden strong ifrom 1650 til 1750-ish ages or we give Denmark two sailing UU's, and theby picturing the sailing skills of Denmark....

to make it short either

Denmark: Longboat (gallay) and Canonboat (galleon)
Sweden: Huskarle (Axeman) and "gustavWasa Age musketman (musketman)

OR:

Denmark: Longboat (gallay) and Huskarle (Axeman)
Sweden: "gustavWasa Age musketman (musketman) and ...???

Bonusses..
Huskarle/viking/berserker: Axeman with +25% city raider OR +25% vs. archer units (vikings taking english cities )
Longboat: Galley with Carry +1-2 units move +1-2, can sail ocean ( they discovered newfoundland!!!:crazyeye: in those tiny boat and invaded england)
Canonboat: Galleon with strength +1-2, +1-2 movement
Musketman: musketman with attack cross rivers or city raider?? (i don't know any swedish land units...yet)

my few cents and suggestions... :goodjob:

Nedkjemp said:
@Gunner: Please give the Danish unique naval unit another name - although snekke is a term for a viking longship it is also the modern term for a small fishing boat. Replace it with drageskip, a term that refers to the figurehead of the viking longships. In addition it was the vikings from Sweden that were most famous for transporting their ships over land during their voyages to Russia (Novgorod and so forth).

i agree snekke is a bad name longboat og drakeship is way better!!

but i must say that even though the swedish viking where famous cause they sailed to russia and to the black sea, the "danish" vikings (also coveres south sweden since it was mostly danish until gustav wasa) was more famous!
Conquring england, finding iceland greenland (was actually a norse, but norway was danish 'til around 1800 or so) finding new found land!!!:eek: laying seige to paris, and sailing to rome!

EDIT:
i just realized you where talking about land transportation of boat...
You are right sweden was way better at transporting boats on landdenmark those another route which didn't involve so much land :)

sorry if i was to fast there.. i'm super tired after last nights game!! :)

@ AG

BTW is it possible to make a smaller size map for us whit old skool pc's??
The MOD is supper as we all agree on, but i can't play past 1600-ish cause of my lowlife worthless peice of **** pc..:mad:
so maybe a small map where each Civ has enough space to place 3-5 cities would be REAAAAAALY great!!:goodjob:

also please remove the danish creative threat and replace it with a financial to illutrate to danes getting really rich on seatrade!
and give them aggresive or expansive instead of organise!!

Glad you enjoy it. Open borders diplomatic option comes with monarchy.
Thank you.
I think a movement bonus cannon would be overpowered.
I agree. But what about increased withdraw chance instead? That too could represent increased mobility.

Badmojo said:
@ AG

BTW is it possible to make a smaller size map for us whit old skool pc's??
The MOD is supper as we all agree on, but i can't play past 1600-ish cause of my lowlife worthless peice of **** pc..:mad:
so maybe a small map where each Civ has enough space to place 3-5 cities would be REAAAAAALY great!!:goodjob:

also please remove the danish creative threat and replace it with a financial to illutrate to danes getting really rich on seatrade!
and give them aggresive or expansive instead of organise!!
I'd also like smaller map. Though for gameplay speed purpouses only...

Badmojo said:
The Danish UU the Huskarl and The longboat (in 1184 125 viking longboat won over around 500 venetian boats near rygen.:lol: .)
but since Denmark is and always will be a major sailing power in the world, Even now a days (mearsk møller container shipping) it is VERY tempting to give Denmark two sailing UU one viking and one around 1300-1400.. Denmark had maybe the largest fleet in the world from 1500-ish til 1800-ish :king: (the last dansih ship of lins was sunk by england in 1808) until the napoleon wars where denmark made some really bad dececiens... and england therefor sailed to Copenhagen and forced Denmark to give it's navy to england, making england the biggest navy in the world!!

Not quite though. The Danish navy was second largest in the world after the Brittish, but less spread out due to much smaller colonial possesions.

The bad decission in the Napolian wars was staying neutral, and thinking that England didn't really mean: "You are either with us or against us". Turned out they did :(

Beautiful Mod, the best i've ever seen. I played 4 games as Italy at increasing difficult level all successfull (more easily in vers. 2).

About extended Mod with 18 civs, it's very interesting, but playing as Venice or Scotland etc. is clearly impossible, if you want to have some chance you have to play as France, Russia, o Iberian Kingdoms.

In all the games I played (original version) Russia and Spain were super-powers, almost at my level and, with no Teutonic Order, Jan Sobielsky is really a bad guy !

Good job, i'm waiting for some other spectacular version !

I am leaning towards giving the Danes both Viking era units and giving the Swedes the two land units I have up there. I think overall naval UU's are not as powerful as land ones, and it wouldn't be fair to give Denmark two naval UU's.

For Prussia I went with giving them an infantry UU for musketman and rifleman to represent the Frederick the Great era and the Bismark era. I don't think Prussia is deserving of a cannon UU since Frederick was known for specifically undervaluing the worth of artillery. That was the one area of his army which was probably below average.
check this site about that http://web2.airmail.net/napoleon/Prussian_army.htm

My idea with bohemia was to make the Warwagon a defensively oriented knight replacement and make the Hussite infantry an anti-cavalry version of the maceman.

The newest version:
England: Redcoat, Welsh Longbowman

Scotland: Schiltron [pikeman],Highlander [rifleman]

Castile: Tercio [pikeman], Conquistador

Aragon: Almogavars [macemen], Calatrava Knights

France: Frankish knight, Cuirassier [cavalry]

Russia: Cossak, Streltsy [musketmen]

Byzantium: Cataphract [knight], Dromon [galley]

Denmark: Berserker [axeman], Drakeship [galley]

Prussia: Needle Gunner [Rifleman], Guard Infantry [musketmen]

HRE: HRE Knight, Landsknecht [pikeman]

Papal States: Swiss Guards, Crusader [knight]

Venice: Venitian Galley [galley], Stradioti [knight]

Sweden: Caroleans [musketman], Hakkapeliitta [cavalry]

Ottoman: Grand Cannon, Janissary [musketman]

Poland: Winged Hussars [cavalry], Strzelcy [crossbowman]

Lithuania: Tatar Cavalry [horse archer], Light Lancer [knight]

Hungary: Szekely [horse archer], Huszar [cavalry]

Bohemia: Warwagon [knight], Hussite Infantry [maceman]

Ok, played my first game after figuring out what all the techs were. I played as spanish... and to be honest, i think i picked the easiest civ. ALL OF SPAIN you can colonize without inteference from other civs besides barbarians, over 5 cities if you don't mind lots of smaller ones, PLUS its so easy to colonize africa. Basically, you can Have as much room to grow as three or more other civs somewhere else in europe and as many cities... All u have to do is fight 2 barb cities on spain and 2 on africa.

About extended Mod with 18 civs, it's very interesting, but playing as Venice or Scotland etc. is clearly impossible, if you want to have some chance you have to play as France, Russia, o Iberian Kingdoms.

Any civ is playable. It does take significantly different tactics to succeed as the Scotts than it does as the Ottomans or Russians. And a completely different strategy is needed when playing as one of the crowded central nations, like Bohemia, Hungary, Venice, or HRE. This makes the mod replayable and keeps us coming back for another round.

I found when playing on Prince level, that being aggressive with one nation early on, before religion gets a hold, can pay off. This is certainly true for those areas that are isolated, with one main competitor, like the Iberia, Turkey, or the Brittish Isles. Then you can concentrate on developing relations with a couple of neighbors.

BRIXIACOLONIA said:

Bright day
I have just in my Scotland game conquered Aachen and am building new capital in London (for the purpose of further continental expansion). Very agressive gameplay is needed in my opinion but it is possible to win with all civs. (I play on noble or prince usually to relax)

@Gunner
Sounds good, so War Wagon defend-only or how?

My plan for the war wagon was to just make it better at defending, but still allow it to attack. There were instances of the war wagons attacking I read about. The normal knight doesn't recieve defensive bonuses, so the wagon would get them in addition to some other bonus.

Gunner said:
My plan for the war wagon was to just make it better at defending, but still allow it to attack. There were instances of the war wagons attacking I read about. The normal knight doesn't recieve defensive bonuses, so the wagon would get them in addition to some other bonus.

Okay, I was wondering that is is going to be very hard coming with all the improvements as many countries have similar UUs..
So how strong is first strike? You know the whole think about pistols and other gun pioneering...
And will not there be problem with unit graphic, we cannot make new one...

Top Bottom