Fall 2017 Update Info

Are there any graphical changes coming? I think I remember seeing something about making the great people screen more extravagant, but I'm not sure...
Indeed. We're yet to see this. I'm hoping it's more than just a UI rearrangement.

Hey, guys! I just joined. I'm really excited about the new patch? Do you think it will fix all the bugs from the last one? I want my tech quotes back lol
I just hope they fixed more bugs than they added new ones :rolleyes:
I just can't hope more than that but of course i'd be happy if they prove me wrong.

Are there any graphical changes coming? I think I remember seeing something about making the great people screen more extravagant, but I'm not sure...

They haven't elaborated on that yet - though having seen the addition of separate tabs to the diplomacy screen as an "improvement", I am beginning to wonder if they have perhaps done something similar to the GP window.

They haven't elaborated on that yet - though having seen the addition of separate tabs to the diplomacy screen as an "improvement", I am beginning to wonder if they have perhaps done something similar to the GP window.
I'm expecting them to have added faces/depictions in.

I'm expecting them to have added faces/depictions in.

Yeah, I think something like that is what they meant by making it more impressive, but I imagine that might also entail remaking/breaking up the UI to give the images a bit more space and make it more flashy.

Can you imagine looking at that window as it is with nine different GPs mugshots replacing the silver heads, plus whatever other tweaks they might make? It would be a little cluttered IMO. I guess they could make a bit more room if they hid the great prophet section once they were all earned though.

If you look at previous DLC+patch releases, would it be likely to get the patch notes today (18th) ?

In most instances, the patch notes came out the same day as the patch.

From the livestream and history, the patch notes will come out once everyone has signed off on the patch, and they're ready to go through the release process. No point in releasing notes today if they need to squeeze in a last build which may change the notes.

From the livestream and history, the patch notes will come out once everyone has signed off on the patch, and they're ready to go through the release process. No point in releasing notes today if they need to squeeze in a last build which may change the notes.

If they are doing any last minute builds, they are in-house and not using the 2k QA testers.

I really hope that they boost the original Civs a bit to match the shine of the new ones

The chances of that happening are somewhere between Trump getting a Nobel prize and a snowball surviving hell.

Making additions to a game slightly more powerful that existing leaders/empires/units/factions in order to sell it to people is a tactic that has been around forever, even table top gaming like Warhammer has always done it.

The chances of that happening are somewhere between Trump getting a Nobel prize and a snowball surviving hell.

Making additions to a game slightly more powerful that existing leaders/empires/units/factions in order to sell it to people is a tactic that has been around forever, even table top gaming like Warhammer has always done it.

Didn't England and France get totally reworked in Civ V? I'd imagine that would wait for an expansion though.

Didn't England and France get totally reworked in Civ V? I'd imagine that would wait for an expansion though.

There was some slight change to Arabia as well.

They did, tho with the alt leaders, now they could just add a new leader instead of a rework.

I don't remember what changed with England. France got reworked for the new theming/tourism mechanic and ended up nerfed

Last edited:
Germany also got reworked adding the Hanse, and Japan got Culture from sea resources

I think what the religion game needed was "spell" like abilities that cost Faith rather religious combat units per se. It's actually pretty close to what Prophets are currently.

The way strategic spells work in games like Age of Wonders 3 would be a good example. Obviously Civ is a secular game, not a fantasy one. But there are things you can do with a click on the map in that game (expenunding mana/faith) that would fit well into civ. In particular, the way to keep "spells" under control by imposing a max that can be spent in 1 turn, increased by abilities/buildings.

Holy Sites would determine range for these spell like abilities. E.g. they only work within 8 tiles of a Holy Site. No walking units tediously around on a map (or at least less of that).

They buffed a few of the vanilla civs in the summer patch, but not things that made them outshine the DLC civs.

Top Bottom