Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

It has a lot to do with the other civs that are in your game and what their alignment is.

Basically, you get Angels for units that are killed belonging to civs that are Good.

There's always been some question on what happens when a unit from a Neutral civ or a barb unit is killed. Does Hyborem get a Mane (if he is in the game), does it become an Angel or nothing happens?

I tried to view your save, but couldn't get it to work. If you have civs that are Good in the game and they have units being killed, you should be getting Angels.

You could always build cannon fodder yourself, send them out to be killed and you will get some Angels spawned in return.

I do remember playing the Mercurians once and this whole mechanism was not working very well, so you might be on to something. I just haven't played them in a long time.

My friend and I have tried to play multiplayer but the game keeps crashing. In the zip are the logs of two crashes, the second one occurred some time after the first crash (we reloaded the savegame). Im pretty sure it is nothing we two did, as we couldn't really reproduce it.

This is all with the latest patch (n) and those crashed have also occurred previously in another game.

Attachments

• ooslogs.zip
    288.2 KB · Views: 40
Basically, you get Angels for units that are killed belonging to civs that are Good.

There's always been some question on what happens when a unit from a Neutral civ or a barb unit is killed. Does Hyborem get a Mane (if he is in the game), does it become an Angel or nothing happens?

This is incorrect.

I believe it's dependant on religion. If a unit with Order, Empyrean, of Runes of Kilmorph as it's religion dies, it becomes an angel.

likewise with the infernals, Overlords and AV units become demons. Also, when cities are razed, the infernals get manes too.

Overall, it seems that the infernals are more powerful.

It has a lot to do with the other civs that are in your game and what their alignment is.

I tried to view your save, but couldn't get it to work. If you have civs that are Good in the game and they have units being killed, you should be getting Angels.

You could always build cannon fodder yourself, send them out to be killed and you will get some Angels spawned in return.

I do remember playing the Mercurians once and this whole mechanism was not working very well, so you might be on to something. I just haven't played them in a long time.

Well, if you could get the save to work,you should see that most of the world is under the order religion and some with runes of kilmorph,the civ i started with(kuriotates) had a lot of there units die defeating mahala and none returned as an angel.
Last night i had a quick try with FFH2 and ther it worked perfectly so it must be something related to FFh050

I don't see that line anywhere, so either you're looking in the wrong place or you're on a different version, and I therefore don't know.

And I saw the thing with the cenotaph the first time around, but since I know just about nothing about playing scions, I figured it might be intentional. Its entry is missing from CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml. Here's an updated file for you six people out there.

Aye, I just discovered that I'd erroneously fiddled with the FfH files, not the FF ones. :crazyeye:

Anyway, not a problem, I just reinstalled the latest FfH fix. Thanks again.

I've been trying out the mercurians for the last three days and i an't get any angels to spawn,first i thought it had something to do with starting the game as the mercurians but in my latest game i started out as the kuriotates and after building the mercurian gate ,still no angels.i have tried a fresh install and still it doesn't workView attachment 213388

I may be wrong but last time I played Mercurians my Night watch died and it gave 1 units to the Infernals, then I lost an Axeman and it gave me an Angel. I was Fellowship of the Leaves in Lord of the Balors scenario.

Religion can send you to Infernal or Mercurian, and some promotions can send you to Infernal. And just having been a living unit and belonging to the Mercurian can send you right back. A Mercurian Adept who knows Death I will quite likely be reborn as both an Angel and a Manes for example.

I may be wrong but last time I played Mercurians my Night watch died and it gave 1 units to the Infernals, then I lost an Axeman and it gave me an Angel. I was Fellowship of the Leaves in Lord of the Balors scenario.

The scenarios are played with base FFH. Ff isn't compatible with them, which is really a shame

Also caught an OOS. In one player log there was a Bedouin Camp, in the other one there was not. Maybe there are some issues with Malakim only improvements or Malakim workers when they don't belong to Malakim anymore?

Religion can send you to Infernal or Mercurian, and some promotions can send you to Infernal. And just having been a living unit and belonging to the Mercurian can send you right back. A Mercurian Adept who knows Death I will quite likely be reborn as both an Angel and a Manes for example.

I'm sorry if I gave incomplete or misleading information.

Let's get back to barbs that are killed. Do they go to the Mercurians or the Infernals?

Both?

It seems like there are no set rules for who gets the units sent to the hereafter.

Sorry, I guess this shouldn't be in the bugs thread, but I think Maja has identified a problem. I noticed the same thing in the FFH version when all the changes to Armageddon were made - one of them was when AC 100 hit, the Mercurians used to get a ton of Angels, but did not in my game.

Maja, have you made it to AC 100 yet in your game?

We continued our previous oos'ed game for about 10 turns then we had a ctd on both ends. My friend recalls seeing something with '60 turns something is forbidden (I think it was construction)' which I believe is one of the world spells. Right after that the ctd occurred and I never received that message.

I'm sorry if I gave incomplete or misleading information.

Let's get back to barbs that are killed. Do they go to the Mercurians or the Infernals?

Both?

It seems like there are no set rules for who gets the units sent to the hereafter.

Sorry, I guess this shouldn't be in the bugs thread, but I think Maja has identified a problem. I noticed the same thing in the FFH version when all the changes to Armageddon were made - one of them was when AC 100 hit, the Mercurians used to get a ton of Angels, but did not in my game.

Maja, have you made it to AC 100 yet in your game?

No, i haven't made it to ac 100 yet and it will be highly unlikely i ever do because almost the whole world is Good. But i am not the only one with this problem so i think this does belong in the bug thread.
this is from Fothal in the ff novicew/basium and hyborem questions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still in the game I mentioned above playing as the Mercurians.

I'm now at turn #594 at Epic game speed and have not had a single angel spawn. I have created the Mercurian Gate, and have Basium, which I understand from the above posts is the requirement to allow Angels to spawn. The only reason I'm still in the game is I have a continent to myself (easily defensible), lots of very powerful heroes, two 12 strength War Elephants, and my one token angel I started with who will soon be upgraded to a Valkyrie.

I know the Infernals are getting units because I see the message when I raze a city (at war with an Ashen Veil civ I'm eradicating). I've even had units of my own die which follow the Order religion, but never gotten an Angel out of it. There is also a war raging on another continent between a civ with the Order religion and another following Fellowship of the Leaves. The Order civ is loosing fast, and I should be getting at least *some* Angels from that war, if I understand the process correctly.

I'm guessing something is broken? Or am I missing something to unlock Angel spawning?

Aye, I just discovered that I'd erroneously fiddled with the FfH files, not the FF ones. :crazyeye:

Anyway, not a problem, I just reinstalled the latest FfH fix. Thanks again.

Actually I guess it doesn't matter either way, what I posted doesn't fix anything.

I'm playing as the Scions on classic start, I just walked Themoch into the elven capitol and found 3 Gilden Sivelrics, plus 2 more running around. Every single one of their starting archers is Gilden.

Now that I think about it I am playing Fall Flat. I have seen this before though, once I accidently did a mideval start and spawned with 2 Barons.

I sure hope Keleeyn doesn't have 5 Lokis.

I'm playing as the Scions on classic start, I just walked Themoch into the elven capitol and found 3 Gilden Sivelrics, plus 2 more running around. Every single one of their starting archers is Gilden.

Now that I think about it I am playing Fall Flat. I have seen this before though, once I accidently did a mideval start and spawned with 2 Barons.

I sure hope Keleeyn doesn't have 5 Lokis.

Most amusing thing I've read all day. I can just picture it.

Reminds me that Gilden is woefully in need of a new model. It's on my to do list if someone else doesn't do it first.

Who owns something doesn't EVER matter except in the case of a Living Unit controlled by Basium who dies will ALWAYS be allowed to be reborn as an Angel. Otherwise, who owns the unit means nothing at all.

Barbarians will NEVER have a religious affiliation, so will never be reborn as an Angel. Few Barbarians will ever have Death I or Entropy I either, only those who manage to do so will ever be reborn as Manes.

For cities, the only thing that matters is the alignment of the original owner. If they were evil (but not Infernal), Manes can spawn up to the current population of the city. If they were Neutral, Manes can spawn up to 1/2 of the current population, and Angels up to 1/4 of the population. If they were Good, angels can spawn up to 1/2 of the current population.

Barbarians will NEVER have a religious affiliation, so will never be reborn as an Angel. Few Barbarians will ever have Death I or Entropy I either, only those who manage to do so will ever be reborn as Manes.

Are you certain about this? I've head of Barbarian leaders being able to spread religions to Bhall's cities.

I did forget about Orcs having cities. They would have a chance for some religions on those units, but without a state religion it is only 40% of all units which are built by the Barbs, which won't be many (unless they control a large chunk of the map, then it'll be quite a few since they can't build any buildings)

I definitely just got hit with Blight a SECOND time in my game. My cities indicate Blight in them and there was the Death damage again.

Gaaaack!

This time I got hit with the Blight. I recovered and was able to drive the AC down to 25 where it stayed for a long time (perhaps 100 or more turns).

However, it crept up and when it hit 30 again...another Blight,

Very, very frustrating. :(

Top Bottom