Fall Further 050 Bug Report Thread

This isn't a bug, just a suggestion. Really hoping to see the Better Economic AI mod integrated into this shortly - Just played a game with it and it makes a huge difference in AI performance. And now it will even include forced pirate coves for Lanun!

mazatl workers dont receive the hardy promotion which should be granted upon creation (defender trait)

this was in ff+ but valkrionn told me to report it here aswell

Couldn't quite find info on this using the search function, so just one issue:

Playing my first game of FF 0.50N, Lanun warriors seem to show up as big red blobs. Not sure what the problem is.

Couldn't quite find info on this using the search function, so just one issue:

Playing my first game of FF 0.50N, Lanun warriors seem to show up as big red blobs. Not sure what the problem is.

Sounds like you missed a patch somewhere or incorrect installation. I am no expert but i think you need to patch FfH2 up to the current version before installing then patching FF.

I found a really really strange bug. When bool CvUnitAI::AI_update() is run after one particular AI has finished his turn, most of his units (many are from a large stack of hunters/axeman/fawn) for some strange reason have UNITAI_WORKER_SEA, which causes a lot of trouble (no errors but loops).
By changing one(!) line of code I was able to cut down the turn time from 50secs to less than 15secs. I hope someone who knows more about the FF code can take a look at it.

To make it even more weird, it only happened when the AI player was at war with me.

Sephi, what was the line you changed on this speed boost? Updating to 3.19 right now and trying to make all the small tweaks/fixes which I had promised throughout the thread. Came across this one and it sounds worth adding :)

I made sure that AI_workerseamove is run only for workboats (by adding an if line in cvunitai:: ai_update but I think I already removed it since the problem never happened again. I still don't understand why some UNITAI_ATTACK hunters would use the workersea function. The problem was only for a few units from one AI player, really really strange.

Found a minor bug that I don't have the knowledge to solve.

casting "Escape" (Dimensional I spell) when you have no cities, causes a CTD.

The spell teleports the caster back to their capital city, so it's understandable that it wouldn't work when you have none. I discovered this while messing around testing govannon in WB, but it could also feasibly happen if you have "require complete kills" enabled.

I think the spell should have a pyreq that checks if you actually have a capital city before allowing it to be cast.

That bug won't be an issue in future releases (ideally). I noticed when tweaking how Immortality works that I had somehow lost the changes to allow Barbarian units to respawn on immortality, part of that was making Escape work when you have no capital city. If you don't have a city it'll send the unit to where they spawned from, if no enemies occupy the tile.

Oh, and any unit reborn by immortality triggering will now result in a message to all players as well. So be prepared for some spam if you finish Blood of the Pheonix before Blight hits.

Quick and easy, did it in passing. It'll be a pretty rare message, and figuring out precisely who would care for all possible scenarios is difficult. If I tweaked it I would probably only announce to people who can see where the unit died at, or where it was reborn at. Then the owner, the killer, and a few people who happened to witness the battle or hang out at the respawn plot will get informed.

Maybe this is a bug, or maybe not... I took over an Archos city as Decius, thought it might be fun to have a few spiders, and built mother's nest. So far, nothing has spawned.

Yeah, I was just wondering if that was intended or not, because the nest tooltip seems to indicate that it would work.

Simply can't play FF here. It seems to me it doesn't installed correctly.

I'm in Windows 7 x64 build 7229, FFH is working ok, but when i try to play FF after install it don't even opens that small loading screen. The BTS process stays running for about 5 minutes them ends all by itself with not visible effect. It just happens to get a little CPU usage some times.

I'm not sure if this is a Windows 7 problem because i tried running it in Vista compatibility mode ant still won't work.

BTW, UAC is off as always.

Most likely you have BtS v3.19. FF is not compatible with that yet. If so, your choices are to rollback to a previous BtS patch, or wait for the next FF patch which will be compatible

Most likely you have BtS v3.19. FF is not compatible with that yet. If so, your choices are to rollback to a previous BtS patch, or wait for the next FF patch which will be compatible

I was hoping to install FF and them install FF+ (Which is compatible). I already tried doing so, but i get the same problem with FF+.

Top Bottom