1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall Further - The Original Thread

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Vehem, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Ingvar

Ingvar Chieftain

Did Nox Noctis behavior change? Playing Elohim, Luchuirp and Calabim declare war on Elohim and goes on its merry way for a few turn. But for some reason as soon as Nox Noctis is built in Calabim city of Prespur, the war stops, Elohim units are ejected, and diplomacy states that war cannot be declared on those two. Anything I am missing?

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

That just sounds like the Elohim hero Corindale's unique spell (Peace) to me. It forces a 10 turn peace treaty between all players, and kills the caster.

3. Ingvar

Ingvar Chieftain

Corlindale is alive and well, and still has the peace spell available to him. I checked that right away.

4. ShadowDrgn

ShadowDrgn Chieftain

I'm really liking this modmod, but I have one complaint: the worker promotions. First, the AI gives them defensive strength and then treats them like military units, not workers, which is bad. Second, they require too much micromanagement in late game, especially with slavery. 10 workers and 20 slaves means that I have to promote 3-4 of them every turn, which is very frustrating. An option to turn off worker promotions would be nice.

5. Skitters

Skitters Prince

or perhaps have an 'auto-promote' option, that would beeline the rate that XP is gained, then efficiency, then defenive, and then anything else?

6. ushram

ushram Balseraph puppet

I agree, having an "auto-promote" option for workers only would be great and SHDWDRGN has been taking VERY long turns :lol:

7. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

No no no. Keep it as it is now, but have a small chance that workers interrupting build orders to ask for promotions are executed. That's if you're Evil. If you're Good the occasional to-be-promoted worker, having bettered himself, is given a desk-job somewhere.

Either way the worker is removed from the map but there are different impacts on your alignment. Very flavorful.

8. Yashkaf

Yashkaf King of my Castle

I missed a lot of the conversation about the new Elohim and the special sites, but it reminded of something I always wanted to bring up: Can somebody please make an option to have all world improvements included in a game? It sucks to have 20 of them available but only getting 5-6 even on huge maps with all civs.

9. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

@Tarquelne: mmm, I don't like that one bit... I'd rather cope with promoting them myself than having them taken away from me right when I need them. it's not much of an hassle anyway IMHO. if you don't care about worker promotions just always give them +workrate, it's not going to take a lot of time ...

10. woodelf

woodelf Bard

I always wanted this as well, but it never made it's way into FfH2. Maybe Vehem can make it so.

11. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

that should be pretty easy to modify I guess. you should probably just change the iRand for each unique feature from 67 or whatever it is now to 100. not 100% sure about this, lemme check it out first.

edit: nevermind, I checked the XML for the uniqueimprovements and it's not as easy as I thought. the iRand method works for resources, but unique features are improvements so they have no such tag. maybe xienwolf could add it so that everyone could easily edit it to his liking, you should ask him ;)

12. Mailbox

Mailbox King

Isn't there a global variable that sets the probability of the unique improvements appearing?

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Yeap, its in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. Just change:

Code:
        <Define>
            <DefineName>IMPROVEMENT_UNIQUE_CHANCE</DefineName>
            <iDefineIntVal>35</iDefineIntVal>
        </Define>

To:

Code:
        <Define>
            <DefineName>IMPROVEMENT_UNIQUE_CHANCE</DefineName>
            <iDefineIntVal>200</iDefineIntVal>
        </Define>

And they will all appear. The reason I set the number up above 100% is that this number is modified by world size. So actually 90 would garantee them all on a huge map but it would take 120 to garantee them on the duel map (or something like that, I haven checked the numbers).

14. Charybdis

Charybdis Scion Doomgiver

Anyone able to update me on my question regarding ancient forests (last post in previous page), hate it not being uniform and pretty :p

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

it's an acknowledged drawback of the current implementation of forests graphics. if you check out the 0.33 cosmetic issues thread ( last few pages ) you'll see the discussion that has went on about it. you can even change it back to 0.32 style if you want, xienwolf posted how to do that in that thread :)

16. Charybdis

Charybdis Scion Doomgiver

Thanks Gekko, I loved my shiny plastic forests.. new one is nicer aesthetically, but doesn't feel right not having a giant forest nation.

17. Eternal Requiem

Eternal Requiem Chieftain

hmmm question I have to ask.. is the current version compatible to the current patch of FFHII? :p I haven't even dled it yet just to be sure... I have downloaded the current for Fall Further... but that's it

18. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

no, it's still based on patch E of FFH2

19. Valerarren

Valerarren Chieftain

Playing through as Kahd, some comments:

1. I seem to be able to build Kahd before casting corruption/enlightenment. If I build him, I get the "greedy" version of Kah.

2. The enlightened Kahd gets Life 3, which allows him to cast resurrection bringing himself back from the grave? Perhaps Spirit 3 would be better, or Law 3?

3. Psions and thades are "living" units?

4. I somehow also feel that the enlightened Kahd should have access to some sort of religious units (maybe unique priests? even if Kahd himself can't adopt the standard religions).

5. It'd be nice if there were a wider variety of gate units (some perhaps that are enabled by various techs?)

I'll probably think of more things later.

20. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

a couple of things I noticed in my last game (patch G)

1) captured a polar bear, removed HN. when I select him, he speaks instead of growling :lol:

2) captured an elephant, removed HN. the 3d model that shows on the left-hand side ( i.e. the big one added in .033 ) is showing a little weird, it has some stripes of transparency on it ( I can actually see the terrain behind it ) not sure if I'm the only one with this issue, but it's really a very minor one.