Fall Further - The Original Thread

Or change it so that spell range can only be enhanced if the spell STARTED with a range to it.

Sounds safer. I can't think of any buff spell that'd be really abusive moved from 0 to 1, but someone might. OTOH modding is hardly about always doing the safe thing...

BTW - +1 to spell range seems quite powerful - I'd still happily pay for it as it's own promotion. Something like SE I is +1 move for summons, SE II is +1 range, SE III is +1 more move and (maybe) SE IV is +1 more range.

Sounds safer. I can't think of any buff spell that'd be really abusive moved from 0 to 1, but someone might. OTOH modding is hardly about always doing the safe thing...

BTW - +1 to spell range seems quite powerful - I'd still happily pay for it as it's own promotion. Something like SE I is +1 move for summons, SE II is +1 range, SE III is +1 more move and (maybe) SE IV is +1 more range.

That's pretty much what we ended up doing when we discussed it earlier. I'm going to rename the "Spell Extension" promotions to make them sound more summon related (open to suggestions?) and have a new promotion that extends the range of "direct" spells at some later point.

That's pretty much what we ended up doing when we discussed it earlier. I'm going to rename the "Spell Extension" promotions to make them sound more summon related (open to suggestions?) and have a new promotion that extends the range of "direct" spells at some later point.

"Enhance Summoning"?

Maybe make it "Enhanced" instead if that strikes you as sounding better.

Could even just be Summoning I, Summoning II etc. ...

I was just thinking, since Xienwolf took my advice and made units has a lower limit of movement 0 regardless of promotions (like he did with strength, but more important because trying to move a negitive movement unit causes big problems) and since you can have AutoAcquire/MustMaintain promotions with promotion and building prereqs, that Acheron could use some changes. I'm thinking that he should have just as much movement as any other dragon, but that dragons in a city with the Dragon's Hoard building should get a "Hoarder" promotion, which gives something like -10 movement. That way Acheron would be more stationary than he currently is (i.e., it wouldn't matter if the AI gives him mobility I and II, since there aren't enough movement boosting promotions to counter the Hoarder promotions), unless he is captured or someone steal his treasure form him. If someone steals his treasure, then he'd go on a rampage until he gets it back and then settle in whatever city his treasure has been moved to. (Maybe the promotion should also be given from the promotion or unit form of the equipment too?)

Hey, Vehem, I realize this is probably something that is not a high priority, but is there any way you can list with each patch what files specifically are changed in that patch? I am working on a personal mod for FF, and it would be very nice to have access to that information so that I don't have to re-mod every file with every patch.

I understand if it's not something that's worth the time to do, just a request. :)

If someone steals his treasure, then he'd go on a rampage until he gets it back and then settle in whatever city his treasure has been moved to. (Maybe the promotion should also be given from the promotion or unit form of the equipment too?)

I LOVE this idea. Everyone knows you don't go stealing a dragon's treasure - this will prove it! :lol:

Could give rise to some interesting events or even full scenarios where the Dragon's Hoard is gifted/earned

Not a side of it that I'd looked at, but that makes sense. I'm going to try having a play around with the Mazatl and see how I can bring them under control - until now I'd been working on limiting the commerce, but the hammer benefits of deep jungles are actually fairly significant too, as well as the bonus from trade routes. I'm thinking of hiking the num cities or distance maintenance for Lost Lands a little already - but I'll see what else I can do.

The Deep Jungle hammer bonus is nice, but no worse than Elven forests - and weaker really, because you can't spread jungles easily. Unless you're playing on a tropical wetness map (or a rainforest map - which gets ridiculous) you're never really going to have that much deep jungle around. I would like to see a slight increase in the rate that forests convert to deep jungles when on grassland within lizard territory.

But Lost Lands makes *every* city a production powerhouse - even a newly captured one with few buildings. It gets even crazier with coastal cities, Harbors and the Great Lighthouse.

Patch G, two TXT_KEYS on mouseover in "What would you like to build next" popup (but not cityview)

TXT_KEY_SETTLER_STRATEGY
TXT_KEY_WORKER_STRATEGY

*edit* - also on popup for foreign trade TXT_KEY_CIVIC_FREE_MARKET_STRATEGY

Yeah Magister's idea is pretty hilarious! Steal the treasure and earn yourself some hot dragon love!

First of all, I have to thank you for this great Mod. Never had so much fun with Civilization (except with the first part in the 1990s).

I have a little problem customising the BUG options. In the related menue (ctrl+alt-O) I can only change the Great Person counter. Most of the others (though I didn't try all of them) are either on or off and changing them has no effect on the game at all.
I also tried to change them directly through the FFHBUG config file - with no success. (using FFH0.33c and Fall Further 0.42g)

Do you have any ideas?

A second point: In my last game with the Khazad dwarfs, I was able to build Meshwaki:confused:. Isn't that the unique hero of the Chislev?

I also tried to change them directly through the FFHBUG config file - with no success. (using FFH0.33c and Fall Further 0.42g)

Not sure about the BUG options, but FF patch g is built around FFH patch e (rather than patch c). Of course, FFH patch e is no longer available through the main links. :(

Thanks Kinjiru for your fast reaction.

Where could I get the PatchE for FFH 033?
I'll try it with PatchF tonight...

I've really been enjoying this mod. And aside from the occasional massive crash around turn 200 it's a blast and I feel that your content belongs in the regular FF2 mod! :)

I was currious about a few different things though. One, for the Kandi civ which buildings are required to summon their portal critters? Is it the same as for the sheiam (sp)? This might have been answered in the 125 pages of this thread but I haven't gotten around to digging through the whole thing =P. This mod mod is serious enough to deserve it's own sub forum, and is certainly generating enough discussion.

My link to directly load fall further .42 still tried to load FF2 .32 (and therefore fails) so I have to load BTS and then load the mod each time I want to play. Is there a work around for this that I'm missing?

Last thing I can think of is that when I build the bezerker unit for the good lizzard folk (Matuzal?) it's model showed up but could not be selected. When the program advanced to the unit through use of enter it would keep the last unit selected (menu etc) but center the screen over the bezerker. I couldn't move the unit, or make it skip it's turn so I basically couldn't end my own turn. Kinda threw me and i wasn't sure how to deal with it.

Thanks again for your wonderful contribution to my entertainment!

I was currious about a few different things though. One, for the Kandi civ which buildings are required to summon their portal critters? Is it the same as for the sheiam (sp)? This might have been answered in the 125 pages of this thread but I haven't gotten around to digging through the whole thing =P. This mod mod is serious enough to deserve it's own sub forum, and is certainly generating enough discussion.
Off the top of my head, library, and the things they have UBs for. The 'pedia entry for the civ and/or the gate lists them though.

My link to directly load fall further .42 still tried to load FF2 .32 (and therefore fails) so I have to load BTS and then load the mod each time I want to play. Is there a work around for this that I'm missing?
Right-click the shortcut -> Properties, and change the target line to end in:

mod="Fall Further 042" (just change the 3 to a 4, basically).

I am experiencing some 'oddness' with Mazatl and berserkers. When I select them, the panel at mid-bottom, with the units commands, does not update. The list of units in the tile also does not update. Commands which can only be issues to a single unit (specifically, the obsidian gate's airlift, or unit deletion) still function correctly, provided I target a different unit for which the command is available, and then the berserker.

While it's still possible to use them, in a roundabout fashion, I am unable to purchase promotions for them.

Have just got back to playing after life trying to screw me in the arse, and noticed something odd graphically.

My towns are removing the display of ancient forest, so it no longer looks all pretty and uniform :(

Is this an FF thing (I noticed the change in ancient forest graphic) or a FFH thing.

Or is there a way I can revert it to the old graphic from my end and make it look all foresty again.

Top Bottom