FarowNES02

On their way!

I meant the laws of the society, first. For the moment, i have decided to withdraw. Have fun, guys!

orders sent!!!

Orders sent. I really like my nation.

Orders have been sent! Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself. My first actual conflict thing. This will be an interesting learning experience. To be owned on the second update. Who would have thought? :D

I should also write a story sometime. I'll get to work on that...

LightFang said:
Orders have been sent! Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself. My first actual conflict thing. This will be an interesting learning experience. To be owned on the second update. Who would have thought? :D

I should also write a story sometime. I'll get to work on that...

My first NES and first conflict.I owned another older player. Go figure.

Was that Avalon vs. Germania?

I'm working to complete my orders. Had to abandon them half-done, school.

Orders sent long ago when the mountains were nay but babes

I am starting the update and I think I have everyones except North King. Everyone that I has not sent orders send them in soon as I will accept them all the way to tomorrow morning.

The Farrow, what browser do you use? Opera has a cool widget that is an aquarium sim that allows you to stock it with clown loaches. But don't let that distract you from the important task of updating.

Quick orders sent. Blame my lack of cool ideas on andis and Kal for attacking me in another NES.

Update 2
3975 - 3950 B.C.E.
0 – 25 A.F. (Anni Frateritatis/Years of Brotherhood)
Who Let the Barbarians In?

As an increasing amount of peoples migrated into the cradle conflict arose with the already established. Some barbarian tribes collapsed in the wake of the civilized armies while others not only held their ground but advanced…

We begin with the Triple Kingdom of Tephan in response to the increasing piracy and tensions rising along the frontiers they take to the initiative and launches a small advance northwards into the barbarian tribes but only advance a few miles north. The border tribes submit after this display of force but the increasing attacks from stronger tribes to the north continue and even intensify. The construction of a huge coliseum begins in the capital
(-500 infantry, 100 cavalry, +200 infantry from submitted tribes)

We move across the westward plains where the nation of Hylon makes a desperate stand against the barbarians to the north who threaten their very survival. The barbarians take casualties crossing the river to attack Hylon as the nation’s navy attempts to stop them. The navy is eventually overwhelmed by the sheer numbers as the barbarians cross the wide river. The barbarians advance across the open plains towards the city of Hylon where the army makes a defiant stand. The barbarians confident in their numbers rush forward hitting the infantry wall formed against them. Eventually the army breaks through finding a large force of cavalry make a last heroic charge. After hours of fighting, the barbarians advance towards the city walls greatly weakened. The warlord determined to win launches a siege despite the odds and his greatly weakened force. The barbarian warlord Haritus the Terrible has arrived with his army of barbarians or the Turalians. Everyone within Hylon thought it was over and the general decided to go out in a blaze of glory launching a counter-attack. By their luck the enemy was weakened by the intial attacks and much of the force had to leave due to revolts behind in their homeland. The counter-attack crushes the greatly weakened enemy and many tribes join Hylon in destroying the Turalians as they advance north. The nation was saved although greatly weakened. If they succeed in crushing the enemy they may be able to incorporate the barbarians into their army into the kingdom making up for some of the losses.
(-2000 Infantry, -500 Cavalry, +500 Barbarian Infantry, +100 Barbarian Cavalry)

The nation of Illion continues to strengthen its people forcing all weak or strong to somehow be useful for the state. The weaker ones have to take up some sort of trade such metal working or carpentry. Illion also hands out small allotments of land to the weakest to farm and make themsleves somewhat productive. Much of this is met with success as the nation’s production rises to the highest levels in the cradle. Expansion northwards along the river brings them in contact with Hylon where they hear tales of a savage people tearing apart the nation. Illion’s expansion southwards finds small fishing villages easy to subdue and take over bringing them far south. Much of their expansion this turn brought them little casualties as most of the tribes around them fear and submit to them quickly.
(+1 Urban Economy)

Now we look at the peninsula south of Illion where even more bloodshed is split after a seemingly peaceful land filled with trade continues to thrive but of course looks can be deceiving… The nation of Tereno begins what looks like a peacefully initiated trade with their close relatives to the north, the nation of Teradan. The people of Tereno build massive carts that can hold a 1000 soldiers each!!! :)p ) Of course this is silly but to be serious a 1000 soldiers are spread out in thousands of carts filled out with large shipments of hay and grains to Teradan. The king never suspected a thing as relations with Tereno have always been good as merchants signaled the attack across his nation when the troops were in place. The merchants suddenly began handing out weapons to the soldiers where general chaos across the kingdom ensued as the attacks seemed to come from everywhere. Hundreds died that night and the news the next few days for Teraden only got worst as the attack force grouped together and began crushing the scattered resistance of Teradan. The King (Leon III) in a last desperate offense which worked quite well broke into the open lands to the west bringing with what remained of his army and brought as many of his people as possible.
(Tereno: -800 infantry, 250 cavalry, +5,000 people, +1 rural economy, +1 bonus plunder)
(Teradan: -900 Infantry, -450 cavalry, -9,000 people, + contact with Illion)

Now we look at the island nation of Corenwal which invests heavily in subduing the islands to its west but encounter problems of logistics and overextension. The larger of the islands is secured after a grueling campaign and several smaller islands with little trouble. Still several tribes remain defiant and raid the Corenwal commerce regularly when not trading with them. The city of Neptanian is founded on the largest of the islands serving as an administration capital for the far off colonies in the west. The government begins to drop off missionaries in the areas where trade is conducted bringing converts as far T’lur Pa but none in Tereno as the government only allows Pantheism. The King runs around the island of Corenwal showing his strength combined with elections by the people this build the nation’s confidence in their government.
(-500 infantry, -250 cavalry, -5 ships, +1 confidence)

Karankoff States begins expansion southwards meeting a few powerful chiefdoms but most of them are easily overcome with the overwhelming forces of Karankoff. Also, strange people from the east land near the capital starting up a new trade route.
(-100 infantry, -50 cavalry, +1 trade economy, +contact with T’lur Pa)

Across the Great Sea we come to T’lur Pa which sends scouting part south to explore the coasts further coming in contact with weak isolated tribes in small pockets separated by the mountains along the coast. Most of them become protectorates of T’lur Pa or submit to their rule. T’lur Pa has traders crawling all over the seas and with contact with Karkanoff helps the economy much. Expansion upriver has brought T’lur Pa closer to Kaldur and with the construction of Riverside the two nations have begun to trade much more. T’lur Pa has grown wealthy dominating the southern part of the Great Sea economically bringing much of the regions wealth.
(+2 trade economy, + Riverside Trade Center, -500 infantry, -100 cavalry)

Just north of T'lur Pa we come to the Kingdom of Maasla Keeista. The Kee people nited under the their magnificant ruler Maasl they have managed to secure a place along a river. The glorious leader has brough writing (In pictures) to coney his beliefs on nature and laws of the state. With no powerful enemies in the path of this young nation it has much potential.

In the Alpine mountain passes of southwestern mountain range Canidae expands northeast using their famed dog sleds. Expansion in the summer comes to a halt as the snow packs melt in the mountain passes but during the winter this nation has a very mobile force allowing them to quickly spread through the treacherous winter terrain.

A little westward of Canidae there is the Empire of the Sky Gods which continues through its cycle of burying the last Sky God in a great tomb on top of the high alpine peaks. The Death Lords continue their brutal expansion sapping the lands of any wealth however little there is. Much wealth is consolidated into building the next tomb but not enough to complete it, however, the end of the mountain range is reached and the Sky Gods discover rich, fertile, grasslands there for the taking. Contact is also made with Canidae which also looks to be a nation rich in plunder. Which path will the Great Sky God Malkuata take to build his home for the afterlife or will he drain his own people’s production for the temple?
(+contact with Canidae, +1 culture, -700 Death Lords)

The last nation just outside the high mountains peaks is Terra Trifluentia which concentrates on bringing the three tributaries under their control and integrating all the new tribes conquered into the Curia Patriarchae which keeps the conquered subjects happy that they still have control of their land and now are part of something greater. One of the largest expansions taken this turn by Terra Trifluentia involved a good deal of their army was to expand to the people of what they called Gens Fluenti Orientis. In a brilliant stroke of tactics and expansion they meet and peacefully take over the lands which were included in the deal. On all three tributaries a city is built. On Fluentum Medii and Fluentum Occidentis the cities of Harmonia (Harmonious) and Aequitas (Justice/Equity). Also, the city of Fraternitas (Brotherhood) is built on the most prosperous area of Gens Fluenti Orientis to as its name suggests bring the two peoples closer together. In the newly constructed city work begins on Templum Fraternitatis (Temple of Brotherhood) to spread Veneratio Atavorum and its culture to these people. Although all this new urban construction is great most of the cities are only connected by river as infrastructure has been left by the wayside. An expedition of ships is sent up the main tributary encountering a hostile tribe which slaughters the expedition. Apparently a new enemy has risen downriver for the prospering kingdom and it looks hungerly at its wealth and power.
(+2 Urban Economy, +1 confidence, -5 galleys)

Diplomacy

From Tural
To Hylon

We will destroy your people for their defiance and slaughter all those who fight with you!

From Teradan (King Leon III)
To Tereno

Let what remains of my people flee peacefully westwards. We will never return to the peninsula ever again if you agree to this.

From Dihava
To T’lur Pa

Welcome strangers to the north. We wish to open trade to your merchants and sign a 3 turn NAP.

From Kaldur
To T’lur Pa

We wish to sign a three turn NAP.

OCC: This was an interesting update to write. The barbarian migrations will begin to slow lets just say there are some holes in the mountain ranges allowing new people to migrate in. It should also keep some of the more isolated people interested in the game.

Best Orders: Jalapeno Due (Creativity), Illion (Short and easy to read). Wubba and Birdjaguar also wrote really nice orders but were beaten by these to.

Worst or Needs Improvement: Swissempire (Only 1 line!!), Carmen 150 please label which nation you are in your PM title. Also, specify what you are spending each spending point on instead of troops and ships.

Stats tomorrow!!!

I do not mind really short orders as long as they are clear and have some substance to them besides spend points on infantry and expand east. I do not mind short orders because I make them myself for NESes but when they are one line it is hard for me to write about so as a punishment for those who write one line they will only get one line in the update.

I was a little sick yesterday when most of the update was written so if anything does not make sense, I forgot something, or you need clarification just ask me.

Start naming things as I have been using generic names for everything!!! I named the sea The Great Sea just because I use it so much but main rivers and such can be named.

Order Due Friday as usual

New Rules

Stats must come with orders
Tell me how many troops you should have in total after purchasing new ones
(Will Be Added to Front Page after I update stats)

This will make it easier for me to read.

Yay, nice update. I'm glad I didn't get horrible orders. I like to think that my orders are adaquate. =]

Hmm, so I wasn't completely crushed yet...although to be honest it could have gone better >_> Oh well, I'll learn. While everybody is building up their confidence points and whatnot, I'm just puttering around. =D

Don't worry they will have to deal with some things too. You just happened to join at a spot where I was planning for a warlord to come and terrorize the cradle.

Top Bottom