1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by seZereth, May 19, 2007.

1. Thunder_Gr

Thunder_Gr Emperor

This...is...Amazing! A perfect Angel of Death(IMO)..WoW...:goodjob:

2. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

absolutely increadible Ploep! great to have you back! :D

3. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Very nice. Angel of Death. Its a shame for such a nice looking unit to be invisible.

I kind of wonder if maybe dark feathered wings would be better though, as I imagine Angels of Death would more properly fit in Gyra's sphere than Basium's and probably loom more like her. On the other hand, it might look better if you keep the contrast. The blond hair doesn't seem right though. I think that would be better dark, white, or grey.

It might be better to arm them with scythes rather than swords, as an association with the grim reaper seems appropriate and since a scythe is depicted in the unit's button. Of course, I guess they might be getting a new button as the od one doesn't really match (although as it is in silhouette it might not be that far off, if the wings sometimes appeared only as light). I do like the design of that sword though.

The Mithril Golem doesn't seem that impressive in that screenshot by comparison. Maybe he should be changed soon. The current model is really just a larger, reskinned vanilla swordsman, right? That doesn't exactly fir the civilopedia description of it, as its proportions are human rather than dwarven. It would be better if it were a giant reskinned giant Soldier of Kilmorph or something.

I'd like to see Mardero get a new model fairly soon. He used to be slightly better looking than and essentially equal to Sphener, but after Sphener's remodeling he fell way behind. (He also suffered strengthwise from the sorcery/summing merger, as Sphener's got to keep both divine and arcane spells while Mardero's sorcery + summoning narrowed down to just 1 set of arcane spells.) It might be nice if Mardero looked more like his popup, with fairly human features and even hair but also unnaturally colored skin, glowing green eyes (they look more yellow, but green seems appropriate because he is likely descended from the archangel of a god of envy), 3 pairs of fairly small horns on he top of his head.

I'd really like Satyr Beastmaster, Satyr Druid, and Satyr Yvain graphics, but I guess those can wait as they don't exist in the main mod.

4. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

thx guys:)

edit crosspost:

a scythe was not chosen on purpose not to confuse the concept of this unit with a grim reaper, I will maybe change the hair colour and in general I'm still open to changes and suggestions as long they don't push the releasedate beyond eastern so keep em coming

5. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

dont change anything, hes perfect.

6. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

Fantastic stuff Ploe.
    I especially love the wings (while some alpha is missing ;) )!!!!!

7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

awesome job guys!

8. Ploeperpengel

thx for the tip about the alphachannelsetup, wings are better now:) made his hair grey, also better contrast here

9. Fenboy

Fenboy King

Nice one guys :) I always like seeing Archery units because they have high defense so are often the unit I spend a lot of time looking at. The Dwarf Crossbowman was probably the most annoying of these, though the boring boring placeholder Balseraph units come close. I feel the same about unique Workers.

The Angel of Death seems to have changed a little from its original concept, wasn't he supposed to be female in the original version. He reminds me of someone, but I can't place it right now. I like the "dark-feathered wings" idea MC threw out, though I don't agree with any of the others :lol:

10. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Sephiroth perhaps?

Nice one Ploep!

11. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I feel an incredible amount of hatred for you now.... After reading your post, I can't help but see the resemblance. :lol:

Very nice work on the Angel. :goodjob:

12. Ploeperpengel

The original inspiration was from Dawn of War(Nightbringer and Saint both are awesome models and I used them as study-the wings are closely modelled after the saint), The head I wanted to look somewhat like Arthas. But you're right now that his hair's grey it could be sephiroth as well:p

13. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

14. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

He doesn't look anything like sephiroth

Sword is too short and straight
    Skin is too dark
    Clothes are too revealing below the neck
    Hood obscures his eyes and hair
    2 wings

etc

15. Ploeperpengel

Well. I'm reliefed then:D

16. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

@magister:

here is a unfinished paladin,
    what kind of symbols and patterns, ornaments, etc. would a dwarven paladin wear on his armor?

(i want to improve the texture by making his amor a bit more interesting, so, give me some suggestions ;) (everything else is not up for debate...))

17. MrUnderhill

MrUnderhill Civ-loving Hobbit

Angel of Death looks great, but I agree with Magister; he needs a scythe.
    The sword is still nice, though, so maybe it can go to some other unit (Brigit, perhaps? I used Sphener's sword when I made her model, but this one would look great on her, too).

18. kumquatelvis

kumquatelvis Prince

Hrm...unlike most paladins a sun theme probably won't really fly, what with dwarfs living underground and all. Maybe shiny gems, or a torch, or maybe a big mountain (these are all suggestions for the shield).

19. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

20. Vernacular

Vernacular Chieftain

The Paladin looks awesome-:)

These are from Kaels Post ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4976438&postcount=83 ). The Broken man seems like a good example for dwarven paladins, so perhaps his last piece of work. Alternatively, you could have the Luchurip or Kilmorph's patron goddess' symbols, the Eye of Heaven or the Sleeping Dragaon. The Eye of heaven would make more sense as Nantosuelta is good and Kilmorph is neutral.