1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by seZereth, May 19, 2007.

1. Avahz Darkwood

Avahz Darkwood Emperor

A jeweled helm and make his chain mail gold. I would use the Golden hammer look (the one from the world spell), especially that they are the only ones to start out good aligned. I would texture the shield to have a rocky look (a brown/gray stone wall).

2. Annex

Annex Tyranny and Mutation

His chain mail should be Mithril. But I do think a gold hammer would be pretty cool.

3. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

Check out the first page of the Bug Thread if you haven't already...

4. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I have a suggestion.

I think the frayed cloth skirt kind of dulls the noble look a paladin should have. Can you make the cloth parts a little more clean cut?

Edit, just realised that's chainmail, hmm.

Would be nice to see how it would look with gold armor, perhaps. Given the dwarves' love of gold, and that Soldiers of Kilmorph have gold armor, it migh fit,

5. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

What's that strange umbrella it's holding? :p

6. Hawkwood

Hawkwood Man-at-Arms

I don't really think the shield should have a rocky look, but using a Golden Hammer is a really good idea.

I think he should have symbols to Nantosuelta, since she is not only the other god of dwarfs (I think, if she's not, then at least the Luchuirp worship her), she is also a good god and the god of Faith.

7. Fenboy

Fenboy King

As this guy will only show up outside the Luchuirp if the Khazad start worshipping the Order, I agree that Nantosuelta is the way to go.

8. Kael

Kael Deity

There are lots of ways a player can end up with a dwarven paladin. The khazad could have switched to the order, then switched to the Fellowship. A good player could have gotten a dwarven unit through an event or capture. I wouldnt tie the paladin model to a particular religion.

9. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

I second this motion.

10. Skitters

Skitters Prince

Perhaps it's just me, but I actually love the armour as it is - nice and clean cut, efficient, to me it suggest that experience has taught this dwarf that bling would be just style over substance

Agree with Warkirby that it'd be nice to have the chainmail have a cleaner finish though - perhaps with leather strips around the bottom edge (with occassional v cuts into the mail itself to allow flexibility)

11. Rystic

Rystic Turtle Wizard

On a side note, are there any plans to do the disciple units soon? Priests and High Priests are the same unit model. Also, Stonewardens don't look dwarven and Priests of Leaves don't look elven.

12. jimi12

jimi12 Half Jedi

i agree with the golden armor and jewels all over it. Also runes inscribed on the shield and armor would look cool and make sense. It would still give it the religious feel, without tying it to a specific religion.

13. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Even if not gold, I think the armor needs little polishing.

It looks a little tarnished and battle worn. Which would be cool for an axeman or champion, but I think a paladin's armour should be clean and shiny.

14. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

Seeing haw dwarves are on top recently, I decided to post my attempts ;)

Attached is dwarven mortar that I think fits the picture (and hopefully flavour) better than the current flame cannon.

It uses a crossbowman I made for dwarves as crew (picture also attached) and walter hawkwood bombard (from EE2). Fully animated.

Maybe it can get some use outside of Orbis. It was uploaded to database some time ago.

Attached Files:

15. Mortenart

Mortenart Steampunk

Great stuff Ahwaric, I much prefer this to the current model (which kinda reminded me of a Gnome with a wheelbarrow..). I've been hoping for a better Dwarven cannon/mortar for a while, and this is much closer to what I'd imagined.

16. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I love that mortar.
    I've always thought the current dwarven cannon looked more like a boiler and some pipes stuck together, and not very cannon-like. Thi model would be a definite improvement.

I haven't seen Sez' new crossbowman model to compare to, but the crossbowmen in those pics are pretty good. I think a little more shadowing is needed around the bottom of the blue cloth, but they're otherwise excellent.

17. Fenboy

Fenboy King

If nothing else, the Luchuirp could do with a dwarf-crewed cannon. The Infernal too, now I come to think about it. (well, not a dwarf-crewed one ;))

18. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

Could they?
    I'd rather see a special Golem cannon UU, personally. Loke a really strong golem that hurls rocks, or has a cannon in it's chest.

19. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

I like the new mortar. But it should be much BIGGER than the dwarf. Dwarfs are small, but they like huge machines. ;)

The current flame cannon could replace the catapult.

20. WarKirby

WarKirby Arty person

I agree with the size, it should be bigger.
    Also, it looks kind of wooden. The barrel. Could it be made more metallic?

Actually, the Dwarven Cannon's button image, looks like it's made of stone to me.

I disagree about the flame cannon replacing catapult though. Don't the Khazad already have a Trebuchet replacing the catapult? or is that only in FF. I forget.