1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 13, 2007.

1. GeeJo

GeeJo Flibbertigibbet

Entangle spell wears off before the start of the target's turn, meaning it has no effect.

That one's been on the todo list in the "Changelog for the next version" thread for a long time.

2. Joebasalt13

Joebasalt13 Warlord

When I attack with my Hidden Nationality Units it asks if I want to declare war. If I don't declare it won't let me attack. Making the Hidden trait useless.

3. ERooster

ERooster Chieftain

I can't even access the game. I get "XML Error" on loading. The box currently showing is: Tag:ERA_ORDE in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is Civilizations/CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. Any ideas on a fix to this?

4. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Actually, when you say No, it should commence with the attack.

5. TemporalAnomaly

TemporalAnomaly Timelord

This one is irritating:

Great People cannot build Holy Shrines in the Kuriotate's settlements.

6. icantcmyeye

icantcmyeye Peace Through Power

You also get this when you attack a unit with an ally hiding beneath them

7. Lutefisk Mafia

Lutefisk Mafia Inscrutable Enforcer

Actually, I have had this happen, too. Especially with my three hill giant from the Pact of the Nilhorn wonder. But also with other units with hidden nationality such as mercenaries or units built with the Council of Esus wonder.

I notice that this would happen if I were trying to attack from one of my own cities, or sometimes from inside my territory to a unit in a square outside my territory. Seriously. With HN, I'd get the "Want to declare war?" message. When I said "no," it would cancel the attack. If, however, I moved away from the present location of my unit into neutral or enemy territory, the HN mechanism works just fine. (I say "no" and the attack proceeds, but without actually declaring war.)

Sometimes things get mixed up when I have used HN units in a declared war to occupy enemy cities. I'm not sure if that should be possible, but I've gotten it to work.

What have other people noticed about this?

8. Grey Fox

When you keep a HN unit inside your city, it's no longer considered HN though. (even if you still have the promotion)

9. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

Playing an 0.23 game and successfully built the Pact of the Nilhorn. However, one turn after the giants showed up, I got a notice that I could "no longer keep building the Pact of the Nilhorn" and got ~300 gold pieces back. :D The giants stayed around, though as I sit here I realized that I didn't check the city to see if the PotN was still listed as one of its wonders.

I have a game save from a few turns before completion of the PotN; let me know if you'd like me to upload it. ..fritz..

10. Mithrus

Mithrus Warlord

Maybe it's always been this way, but just I noticed that the Great Library gives 2 free Sages (not Great Sages). This basically means you get 8 GPP towards getting a Great Sage. Perhaps it would be better for it to give 1-2 free Great Sages instead so you don't get this doubling effect...

11. Grey Fox

It was like that in Vanilla civ as well. And that is what makes the wonder worth building.

12. arcaner

arcaner Chieftain

13. Grey Fox

This hill giant just attacked into my border and killed my worker. I thought they weren't allowed to enter cultural borders?

EDIT: And then it preceded to raze my city! Is it cause it has commando? It's not one of the Pact giants, it has been around forever...

14. Mithrus

Mithrus Warlord

Did someone build Nature's Revolt? This will cause animals (and hill giants) to become aggressive and enter city radii.

15. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

I didn't think Nature's Revolt affected Hill Giants??

Never saw that one before.

I've seen critters 'locked into' one's territory by building a new city or having the cultural boundaries expand. Also, I've had pens in my territory spawn bears that attacked. I suppose you could trap a Hill Giant when your civ grows.

16. Mithrus

Mithrus Warlord

FOund something else thats a bit puzzling. Govannon is categorized as a hero, but doesn't have the Hero promotion. Is this intentional?

17. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

ya, when someone builds Natures Revolt it gives all animals Commando, which lets them attack into borders, and Giants can get it if they level up enough. So he leveled up, got commando, and can now enter borders. It's been like that forever heh.

18. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

In three different 0.23 games now, I have gotten the "you have circumnavigated the globe!" message and reward (+1 movement of ships) when I have clearly not circumnavigated the globe. It may be tied into swapping world maps with an AI who has mostly circumnavigated, thus providing me with a world map that has a clear circumnavigation path -- but I could be wrong about that. ..fritz..

19. Uberness

Uberness Warlord

Hidden nationality unit's can be attacked in the owner's land, but the hidden nationality unit's can't attack any foreign unit's in there own land.

20. Grey Fox

That's cause you are the first to prove the world is round.