1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.23 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Chip56

Chip56 King

Spirit mana doesnt affect Gp:
    Spoiler :

I should have 85*2,05= 174GP

Combat 1-5 is bugged while defending:
    This crossbowman has iron weapons, sheut stones, combat two and 1first strike. (8 normal strength + 1 other)
    Spoiler :

I believe combat is bugged because of the sheut stones:
    Here a imp (3 normal strength +1 other) with combat
    Spoiler :

I had a short look at some other units of Hyborem and every unit that had sheut stones didn't show the bonuses from combat 1-5.
    Those without sheut stones worked.

2. Civmansam

Civmansam King

The Media pack link is broken, atleast it is for me.

3. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

You have 174 GPP, look at the right. (it's showing as 170 in the calculation, but in your GPP bar its showing correctly)

I think Niki-Knight's example was with the Orthus axe, so maybe +STR bonuses makes it wacky somehow?

4. Fritzworth

Fritzworth Chieftain

Ah. That may well have happened; I believe that I moved the project to another city to speed things up. Thanks. ..fritz..

5. dewell

dewell Warlord

is it purposed that ressource tiles, that have been transformed into a snake pillar are purged back by an archmage into a DIFFERENT ressource, for example bananas to rice ...?

6. kenken244

kenken244 Grammar Nazi

yes its random between the different resources that can turn into a snake pillar. and if you build something on the snake pilar you get nothing back

7. moverred

moverred Warlord

I've noticed that the Bannor version of the warrior has lost it's unique art and now just looks like a regular warrior. I am playing a MP hotseat game. Thanks.

8. Grey Fox

This was intentional. It was moved to the Bannor Pikeman unit (it looked too advance for a warrior), and the old Bannor Pikeman graphics was moved to the Bannor Shieldwall.

9. z00t

z00t Chieftain

i built a tower of divination without law mana, not sure if its the pedia thats wrong or the game

also, are pirates supposed to be able to attack coastal cities?

10. Grey Fox

That's cause you only need 3 out of 4 resources for any building requiring 4. (Tower of necromancy is the only tower that requires all resources, but then, it only requires 3 total)

I think that is some kind of bug with Hidden Nationality...

11. Orkanio

Orkanio Chieftain

Late in the night in Northern Germany a Community of FfH2-Fans wanted to download the new version, but we must discover that Link to download the Mod is BROKEN! Please fix it! Because our Holidays ar just a week, so we wanted to play all the time!:scan:

12. Uberness

Uberness Warlord

The Mud Golems weren't updated to +1 strength, there still at 0/2 defense like before the patch, they were forgotten like amurite swordsmen.

13. psychoak

psychoak Warlord

I'm losing holy strength units left and right on defense.

A combat 2, fortifications 1, morale, homeland, 14 strength paladin with full fortify bonus lost to a single, combat 1, 13 strength knight while defending a city at 20%. A combat 5, guerilla 1 14 strength paladin on a hill tile lost to an unupgraded 13 strength flurry, and another one lost to a combat 4 berserker. Just one or two of these every now and then I'd chalk up to the random number generator liking that 2% chance of failure, but I'm getting an awful lot of dead paladins at what should be near 100% success rates, and only on defense. On offense everything looks just fine and I'm cremating them without defense bonuses.

14. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

not for me, even with 4 segments at once it's way slower than 3D Downloads, there you had to wait about 7-10 minutes but when it started it was fast. But this is OT.

15. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

I tested Combat + Sheut Stones and it works in defense.
    This is a Crusader (Strength 6 + 1 Holy = 7) vs an Imp with Combat II and Sheut Stone (Strength 3 + 1 Unholy, +1 Death from Sheut Stone = 5). As you can see the +40% strength bonus from Combat II is listed and is null with the -40% strength of Crusaders' vs. Demons ability.

My question though is Sheut Stone gives -10% vs Holy Damage and the Crusader has 1 Holy Strength, but this is not listed in the combat tooltip, maybe it influences only the damage, in this case... how ?

Attached Files:

16. psychoak

psychoak Warlord

I'm losing defensive combats on forested hills against enemy troops that are 100% chances if I attack them instead. There's got to be something wrong here. I went straight to .23B, an oops in the patched version?

17. DREWid

DREWid Chieftain

Werewolves!

having built the barron and gone a rampaging i was a little upset to find that even though i got the 'lycan has spread' message no little baby werewolves turned up, not in my stacks, not in my cities ... checked in worldbuilder and the only homicidal hairball in the game world was the barron

attacked about 10 different units with him, so i dont think its a one off

i want my hairballs!

thanks

18. JDexter

JDexter Prince

I built him too (0.23b) and it worked the first (and as of yet only) time. Do you have the most recent version and patch?

19. Pocus

Pocus Warlord

I had no feedback on the Amurite swordman still having strength 3. Possibly Pyre Zombies and perhaps tar demons were forgotten too in the update.

Bug to report also:

If you have a unit on an ancient tower, moved automatically by the termination of a open border agreement, the promotion stays.

20. Chip56

Chip56 King

I just had a short look at combat odds involving combat 1-5
    Here is what I have found out so far:
    Since Onedreamer tested sheut stones after my post I started a new game to test em too:

These were given it by worldbuilder:

This one normally by building:

So it is not sheut stones in specific that screws up.
    Then I went back to my Basium game to have a further look:
    I found these little imp to volunteer:

Now the combat odds:

Seems neither the combat nor the empower were taken into account.
    But in fact they are!
    Look here what happend after I removed the empower and the summon promotion:

Then I removed combat 1:

Some nice little -50%
    (I put some new angels around him to make sure that no promotion from my death angel was taken into account.)