1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Oct 10, 2008.

1. xilr

xilr Warlord

CTD within 4 turns, sometimes happens in 1 turn, sometimes happens in 3.

Attached Files:

2. Y T

Y T Kourier

Is Crazed giving out Enraged Properly? (loki1232 - Post 94)

The Unit I got from the broken event I posted in #95 was initially & indented crazed.
    I have him in play now for about 100 turns & he gets enraged from time to time, but looses the promo now & then, even without a fight: he does not turn barbaric!

3. Sofista

Sofista card-carrying

Sidar. (Heh, jumped in the game like the wolf onto the lamb).

Will try another civ, just to see if it can be that (2/3 of the entries, gone shades? :lol:)

4. subanark

subanark Warlord

1. I'm not seeing any entries in the combat log.

2. The scrollbar in the civilopedia looks odd, and when scrolling it changes back to the original color scheme.

5. xienwolf

xienwolf Deity

That did break it for me, while playing as the Sidar something goes wrong with the Hunter information display in the Pedia. So something about the Divided Soul must be causing the issue (though Divided Souls themselves show up just fine). I placed the lines pointed to in the Python exceptions in the bug tracker

EDIT: @subanark: Combat Log was disabled, there were instructions in the bug thread for 0.33 on how to re-enable it if you REALLY like to use the information, but it cost a lot of processing speed for a function few people actually used. And the scrollbar is just a wierd side-effect of some of the interface changes which I hadn't pointed out to seZ or looked into fixing myself (I assume you mean the segmentation of the scrollbar)

6. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

0.34 no patch
    - was able to research Mind Stapling under the FoL (still no Saverous nor Asylums are buildable).
    - Had an exploration event when barbarian giant spider was spawned in a city. (City had no guards). I fear that any expl-spawning event have a chance to put spawned unit into a city, not only dwarf-liz.
    - Again some problems with combat odds. Attacking bannor warrior in a city by Alazkan declared 98% chance but some statistics (Random Seed and save/load) provided less then 50% in fact).

7. Medwyn

Medwyn Chieftain

I can't build any buildings.

I've tried a few different civs and leaders, different maps, different game options, and everytime there are no buildings in any cities to build.

I can build settlers, scouts, warriors and workers but that is it.

I have researched various techs and I can't get any new buildings.

Also my research bar is not visible and I have to start research myself and then when I finish researching a technology I have to go and find a new one instead of the normal pop up.

I have patch a installed.

Any ideas?

I have a attached a sample save game if it helps.

Attached Files:

8. oDDbAlL

oDDbAlL Chieftain

When exploring lairs with noncombat units they can get xp and useless promotions, generally the same results as combat units. Presonally i'd prefer em not being able to explore lairs but if they are getting xp is very unfitting to me.
    Another thing is that lairs sometimes stay after exploring (intended?) which happens more often with bad results (happened each time I can remember when the skellies spawned).
    Third íssue is that barbarian leaders can't explore which feels right to me. I just wanted to try to get a real fast conquest victory and let the lair defenders do the work. The explore spell was always unusable.
    Finally I got adventurers out of lairs as Ilians (actually not, but i got the event. No adventurer spawned and the lair didn't disappear)

Apart from lairs there are some problems wit Temple of the Hand. Had em too. As it usually works it creates a 5x5-tile ice with the city in its centre when built. In my game the tile in the down left corner wasn't terraformed, it stayed desert. And when getting the slums everything stays like before. No ice creation in the 3rd ring. Maybe linking the temples effect to workable tiles or cultural borders would deal with that (with a "refresh" if there's a change).

All in all great changes in this version. The fantasy felling is growing with the lairs. Really... amazing work

Thanks for all these sexy lines of code!

9. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I just had a crash where the error said something about the graphics. I think That Auric Ascended is to blame. The effects around this unit are just too much. They don't go away when you disable effects either.

10. ssmage

ssmage Warlord

Donavilo AI prob, will upgrade all workers/slaves to beastmen and thus, have 1-10 tile improvements (Very bad with mahala as she will upgrade the starting worker/s at higher difficulty) most of the game. (suggest a block on AI donavilo worker units from upgrading unless have +5 workers)

And on deity, they also start with two lucians.

11. XplorR

XplorR Chieftain

This is mentioned in post 2 and might be the cause of your problem. :)

12. Imuratep

Imuratep Cultist of the Old Ones

You can transport airships with airships.
    I can't imagine this is intended :)

13. Love

Love Deity

I spawned a Gargoyle, a spectre and giant spider with my hunter and no one attacked me.

14. Ghost Ranger

Ghost Ranger Prince

The "My games/Fall from Heaven 2" folder should really go in "My Games/Beyond the Sword/Mods", in order to avoid unnecessary clutter.

15. it-ogo

it-ogo Hedgehog

Patch a. Spawned four Azers and a hill giant. All Azers directly and immediately came (trough the all continent) to my capital and captured it.

P.S. BTW I did not found description of Azers in civilopedia.

16. Ankhman

Ankhman Chieftain

0.34 patch a: I am unable to choose the civilization I want to play under Custom game. I tried 3 different civilizations a number of times and each time a different one was chosen by the game. Has anyone else had this happen?

17. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

.34a
    civilopedia - having checked the hero category - when clicking on top the following exception pops up:

Code:
      File "CvScreensInterface", line 224, in pediaMain

File "CvPediaMain", line 1091, in pediaJump

File "CvPediaMain", line 269, in showScreen

File "CvPediaMain", line 334, in placeUnits

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
    ERR: Python function pediaMain failed, module CvScreensInterface

18. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

Aurics World spell Stasis: The number of turns in stasis is always shown as zero. I'm quite a long time in stasis now. I hope it will end :(

19. Sarisin

Sarisin Deity

Playing as Cassiel I was really lucky and got a Great Bard, and later TWO Great Prophets from two lairs.

However, I was unable to found any religions as the bulbs did not give me that option. Only things like Ancient Chants, Philosophy, Priesthood, etc. even though no religions had been founded yet. I never could figure out what good Priesthood is for the Grigori and that still remains.

20. MightyM

MightyM Chieftain