• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 Bug Thread

well, I havent been able to check the unit health thing after downloading patch c, but I still have the leaderhead problem from a version I downloaded this morning

Im not sure about the unit health issue. But the leaderhead problem requires a redownload of the full mod (not just the latest patch).

Whats the date on your "..\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\Pak0.fpk" file? It should be 5/18/2009.

I can confirm the unit health issue with the 5/18/09 Pak0 file.

wait a sec; I had the 5/17/2009 file and still had the problem

how long until it is expected to be available for download?
I thought that the one linked in the first post is the correct one...
No, it's not. That's what I've been saying. The link in the first post is leading people to download an old version of the installer, one that had problems like crashes and broken leaderheads - which is why people are reporting those problems again.

-------------

I can confirm the unit health issue with the 5/18/09 Pak0 file.
The "unit health issue", where units display the full number of figures even when injured, is not related to what date is on your Pak0.FPK file. That problem was introduced by the BtS v3.19 patch, and has not yet been fixed.

not sure if this is a feature or a bug but i just founded the order from an explore lair event without having the req techs

the event said i rescued an acolyte so i used him to spread the order to my capital and it became the holy city

Its a feature.

So when (or where) can we get the proper version?

.41c CTD when you hit enter. It was a .41b save

Attachments

• Broken Hawk AD-0455.CivBeyondSwordSave
    324.7 KB · Views: 47
the leaderheads pictures show up fine for me. does that mean that I can be 100% sure I'm one of the lucky guys with the installer that has no issues?

wait a sec; I had the 5/17/2009 file and still had the problem

Then you haven't re-downloaded and reinstalled the full mod. You will need to do that to resolve the leaderhead issues.

reloadEntity() (at least I think that's the culprit) causes the unit to cease to be IsSelected(). This causes issues like the promotion panel not being updated, or unit selection cycling no longer working (you have to manually click on another unit). Try it out with the Illian assassin and that spell that gives it the Hidden promotion for instance.

To fix the promotion list not being updated, you should move the stuff that causes an entity reload to the end of the :sethasPromotion function. To fix unit cycling, you should gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->selectUnit(this,?,?,?) after reloadEntity().

This should work (using the 40x SDK files):

Code:
        if (IsSelected())
        {
            gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->setDirty(SelectionButtons_DIRTY_BIT, true);
            gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->setDirty(InfoPane_DIRTY_BIT, true);
        }

//update graphics
        gDLL->getEntityIFace()->updatePromotionLayers(getUnitEntity());

if (GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getUnitArtStyleType() != NO_UNIT_ARTSTYLE)
        {
            if (iChange > 0)
            {
                setUnitArtStyleType(GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getUnitArtStyleType());
            }
            else
            {
                if (GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getUnitArtStyleType() == getUnitArtStyleType())
                {
                    setUnitArtStyleType(NO_UNIT_ARTSTYLE);
                }
            }
            reloadEntity();
            gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->selectUnit(this, false, false, false);
        }
        if (GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getGroupSize() != 0)
        {
            if (bNewValue)
            {
                setGroupSize(GC.getPromotionInfo(eIndex).getGroupSize());
            }
            else
            {
                setGroupSize(0);
            }
            reloadEntity();
        }
Sorry for the layout mixup. That's because you use four spaces while I use tabs.

Great stuff Maniac, I did have to make one small update otherwise it redirected the selection to any unit that promotes, even if the player doesnt control the unit. Wrapping it in the following resolved the issue:

Code:
            if (GC.getGameINLINE().getActivePlayer() == getOwnerINLINE())
            {
            }

I haven't written it into my own code to check this out yet, just now popped in here on seeing news of a patch C elsewhere and wondering what made it in. This one doesn't look quite ideal to me.

Code:
        bool bSelected = IsSelected();
        reloadEntity();
        if (bSelected)
        {
        }

This should have better results. You won't always have the unit selected who gains these promotions. Such as when a city produces a new unit and it gains the Elven Racial promotion, you are elsewhere with your selection list, and forcing a unit selection in some of these cases may cause issues.

EDIT: even better, just cover yourself in all cases:

Code:
void CvUnit::reloadEntity()
{
[COLOR="Orange"]	bool bSelected = IsSelected();
[/COLOR]	//destroy old entity
	if (!gDLL->GetDone() && GC.IsGraphicsInitialized())						// don't need to remove entity when the app is shutting down, or crash can occur
	{
		gDLL->getEntityIFace()->RemoveUnitFromBattle(this);
		CvDLLEntity::removeEntity();		// remove entity from engine
	}

CvDLLEntity::destroyEntity();			// delete CvUnitEntity and detach from us

//creat new one
	CvDLLEntity::createUnitEntity(this);		// create and attach entity to unit
	setupGraphical();
[COLOR="Orange"]	if (bSelected)
	{
	}[/COLOR]
}

Plz can anyone upload the latest ver and not the old I have tried everything googled searched thread website everything plz plz plz plz plz. Everybody must have noticed that the media pack and the old version you get aren't in the same folder. But why have the makers uploaded the old ver and not the new :confused:

Plz can anyone upload the latest ver and not the old I have tried everything googled searched thread website everything plz plz plz plz plz. Everybody must have noticed that the media pack and the old version you get aren't in the same folder. But why have the makers uploaded the old ver and not the new :confused:

I dont know what you mean about the old version and not the new. the new version is the one thats uploaded.

No, it's not. That's what I've been saying. The link in the first post is leading people to download an old version of the installer, one that had problems like crashes and broken leaderheads - which is why people are reporting those problems again.

I guess this message is what brought uncertainty into the thread :lol:

A unit with Command IV + Crown of Command converts only maybe 1/3 of the defeated units, not 100% (70% + 30%)

Cheers,
J

41c

I cant start a game with 'The Clan', 'Khazad', 'Luchuirp', 'Ljosalfar', or 'Svartalfar'. The game CTD during setup (loading stage). Before I discovered this I played Doviello and I had Luchuirp as my neighbor so for some reason as AI these civs works.

I tested this on Continents (although I have tested some other mapscripts as well), Large, and Noble. I have tried several times with all the above civs. I have also re-installed FfH2 just in case a file somewhere was corrupt during patching (to 41c) or something.

Just to make it clear of the above mentioned civs, I have played 'The Clan' during patch 41b.

how long until it is expected to be available for download? Its would be nice to know so that I dont download the 'bad' version for a third time.

So when (or where) can we get the proper version?

in my signature you can find a link to a post were I uploaded the latest main download, just download/copy both files into the same directory, extract it and install it. first it would be good if you manually delete the FFH2-directory in you BtS/mods folder

The "unit health issue", where units display the full number of figures even when injured, is not related to what date is on your Pak0.FPK file. That problem was introduced by the BtS v3.19 patch, and has not yet been fixed.
It is sdk thing and a bug. Caused by the same name for a group size (iGroupSize) tags in promotion and unit infos.
41c
I cant start a game with 'The Clan', 'Khazad', 'Luchuirp', 'Ljosalfar', or 'Svartalfar'. The game CTD during setup (loading stage). Before I discovered this I played Doviello and I had Luchuirp as my neighbor so for some reason as AI these civs works.
This bug is caused by Maniac fix, including Kael's version. It crashes for civs having racial promotions that change unit looks I think.
I haven't written it into my own code to check this out yet, just now popped in here on seeing news of a patch C elsewhere and wondering what made it in. This one doesn't look quite ideal to me.[...]
This should have better results. You won't always have the unit selected who gains these promotions. Such as when a city produces a new unit and it gains the Elven Racial promotion, you are elsewhere with your selection list, and forcing a unit selection in some of these cases may cause issues.
Like CTD. Xienwolf's version fixes the crash (or rather removing Maniac's one does) and works as it should.
Tested it - Thanks!

BTW, it is great that Maniac posted his code - loosing selection was a small but annoying issue

Edit:
Well, all the above is based on code posted here only, as we do not have access to source for 41c and 41b one is broken, so...(hint hint :mischief:) ;)

The two files you uploaded opferlamm is curropt i opened the first with 7zip then I clicked the file it started extract then it said that the file was curropt.

Top Bottom