Fight or Flight?

Bronx Warlord

Squad Leader
Ok... question among all of you guys and gals.

Your in school and someone bigger than you is picking on you, then starts to attack you.

Do you fight back or take it?

I ask cause I've seen some people freeze when violence happens and I'm wondering.

My own answer is this.

Ma'ma Bronx told me if I came home all busted up and diden't fight back, I was going to catch a bad one. I always fought back, and I fought hard, to win.

Fight, there is no honour in running away and the memory will haunt me if i do.

Anyway if im going down i will take a piece of him with me.

I run like hell, then I rat him out to the school administration so I don't have to deal with him. Why the hell should I fight? To prove it to the jerk that I'm not afriad to fight to counter what he thinks about me? I don't care what he thinks! He's a jerk, a nothing, a nobody, why should I risk bodily harm to make an impression on him?

I always imagined I'de fight, but I have never been in such a situation in my life, so only the devil knows how I'de react. I dont think anyone has ever made fun of me except my good friends.

Fight, but if it's some sort of professional Boxer or other professional in fighting, you'd better believe it's flight. A regular kid, though (even if he's "bigger"), I can beat. Determination and technique has as much to do with how good of a fighter you are as strength.

I've fought in defense before. You don't mess. :p

I've never had the problem of someone alot larger than me, but I would probably fight back. Slightly larger was no problem.

This was quite annoying as a youngster. My dad had a 'no fight' policy, so it didn't matter if I started it or not, if the other kid got hurt I would get in BIG trouble at home. This is a big hinderence when others learn about it.

I developed a 3d time philosophy such that the first two confrontation I would flee and report so I had an adult backup that I had tried to avoid it. On the third occasion, however, that was it. I still got in trouble, but it was far less so since I already had backup.

I will not put my kids through this BS. A combination of martial arts and wrestling will help ensure after the first fight they don't need to do so anymore.

I was never afraid of bullies, though I did have the benefit of being slightly bigger and more athletic than most kids. A couple times I actually bullied the bullies when they were messing with some other kid. One time I hit the biggest kid in school in the head with an apple thrown from about 20 yards away, and then just stood there laughing at him. The entire schoolyard joined me...quite satisfying.

So far, I've never ever got into a fight, so I don't really know how I would react. I think I would flee, if the chance of flight are decent. Why the hell should I fight back, it won't do me no good. And I don't think it's got. anything to do with honour to fight a ******

Depends.

Usually, I retreat a few steps, which makes the guy mad, then kick his kneekap viciously. usually works just fine.

if not, I threaten to gouge eyes - THAT one always works. Then I tell them that next time I will do serious harm.

I walk away.

Then hire neighborhood thugs to beat the stuffing out of him. ;)

Fight. If you fight once, hard enough, you won't have to fight with him ever again, but if you run away once you'll be running away for quite a while.

Learn some dirty tricks and use them. Kicking the tibia or a quick blow to the collar bone will do. Then run... :D

I never got involved in any fights during school time. In my not-so-controlled younger years I frequently and intentionally got into fights after school though. Won some, lost some. The reputation I had kept me rather "safe" when in school.

This was some 12-13 years ago...

Top Bottom