Fight or Flight?

I would scuffle with the lad for three minutes, if he is not dead, i shall evacuate the scene!

From about 10 to 12 years old, I was a fat, four-eyed, little, bookwormy butterball and used to get my butt kicked all the time in school. I would fight back as best I could, but to no avail. Then blessed puberty struck and I shot up like 2 feet, and the very guys who used to torment me wanted to be friends all of a sudden:rolleyes:

During my schooldays I helped one of those buddies with his homework frequently. This way I had my own kind of boddyguard.
Besides I took sportslessons in Jui Jitsu, later Karate and Ving Tsun. Although I never was too much enthusiastic it was enough to beat the crap out of one guy once. From this day on I never met again any physical insults.
But the wiser action would be to go away. Turn the back and go, don't run. If he attaks your back he'll loose his reputation, if you run you'll loose yours. Just go away.

IF you have fight, fight to win and be mean. Aim at the line in the middle- nose, chin, stomach, testicles. And aim behind the point. This way you'll not reduce your punch until it has hit.
At any case be sure your tongue is not between your jaws...

I'm a poor runner so I may as well fight. If I ran, I'd just get tired and caught. I'd be too tired to fight at that point so I may as well fight from the start :)

Aviod the fight. If not possible make like I'm afraid, then distract the bastard, then spearfist him in the throat.

Overall though I think fighting (even if you win, perhaps especially if you win) can only lead to more problems (revenge, etc.). Like Perfection said, who cares what the bully thinks? If you beat him up, he'll probably want revenge. If he beats you up, he knows he can probably do it again.

Narz said:
... then spearfist him in the throat. ...

If you want to kill him it is a good idea-

but someone from Florida propably shouldn't until he doesn't want to wake up in the death row, should he?

most deadly punches aim the neck or throat- you should avoid this zone at all.

E-Raser said:
If you want to kill him it is a good idea-

but someone from Florida propably shouldn't until he doesn't want to wake up in the death row, should he?

most deadly punches aim the neck or throat- you should avoid this zone at all.
Yeah, you're probably right. I don't want to kill anyone. Hmm, what's a better but equally incapacitating blow? I don't want to hit him in the nuts because that tends to enrage (understandably) and humiliate and might lead to revenge or worse if he somehow blocks.

Of course, like I said, I aim to aviod a fight at all times.

Fight-despite being a pacifist, it's strangely exciting if noone gets badly hurt. I have been in fights quite a number of times, but I don't thin I ever won. Nor lost for that matter.
Nowadays, being in year 12, we all have a sense of camaraderie. No fighting. Only trouble with the larger kids in the year below. But if trouble brews, about 10 year 12s get together and look menacing. Always works.

Ah, fighting. The sport of toddlers, criminals and the mentally deranged.
Flight, of course. I wouldn't stand and take it, that's just stupid.

But the blatantly obvious reply is simply to avoid fighting. If someone tried to start a fight with me, I'd simply laugh at them and walk away (quite fast).

It has always amazed me that people above the age of 5 actually consider fighting an acceptable thing to do...

IglooDude said:
Fight. If you fight once, hard enough, you won't have to fight with him ever again, but if you run away once you'll be running away for quite a while.

Exactly! Strike first and often, no troubles afterwards. ;)

id fight, the problem with me is, ive always been a big guy, i was the biggest kid in my class growing up (not the tallest, and not the fattest!) so no one would mess with me

this left me with 2 options, bullying my class mates, or fighting older kids/multiple opponents, and since i always liked to look like a bad ass i went for the second option

unfortunately ive alwasys been too confident in my own asskicking abilities, which sometimes got me into bad situations, like fights with multiple older kids...

aaah memories :)

i havent fought in a few years now, i guess i know its not worth getting into trouble just to impress others, but if someone messes with me id still break their ass ASAP

Perfection said:
I run like hell, then I rat him out to the school administration so I don't have to deal with him. Why the hell should I fight? To prove it to the jerk that I'm not afriad to fight to counter what he thinks about me? I don't care what he thinks! He's a jerk, a nothing, a nobody, why should I risk bodily harm to make an impression on him?

Scary thing for me to say but i agree with Perfection and would probably do the same

yeah, but you wouldnt only leave an impression on "him", everyone else would be watching too, yes?

youd get a rep as a rat and possibly get into more fights because of it

or maybe not, i dunno...

i guess, i'd say avoidance was my policy. i did stand up to the two bullies i can remember (i may just remember them cause i DID stand up to them though).
one literaly picked me up by my neck and held me against the wall with my feet hanging (he seemed to think having his locker open all the way was more important then me being able to access mine, i thought otherwise). the other one we wresteled for a while, no one won, i left. then he kicked in the screen door of the house i was living in (me and my sister were walking somewhere and he was with a bunch of friends, he yelled "go back to england where you came from" and i started laughing my head off, that got him mad).

i do remember a time when i SHOULD have stood up to an idiot, for a friend, but didnt. still regret it to this day. dont even remember who the idiot was, but it still pings me once in a while when i'm with the friend, he probably doesnt even remember.

Jawz II said:
yeah, but you wouldnt only leave an impression on "him", everyone else would be watching too, yes?
:lol: Why would you wish to show off to the sort of scum who would be impressed by such a deed as winning a fight?

Fight or flight? Flight, preferably in a thing with long thin wings and no engine ;)

~Corsair#01~ said:
A pterodactyl?
Long, rigid, trapezoidal duralumin wings ;)

I've never been enrolled in a public school (I'm home-educated), so I've never dealt with a bully to that degree. However, if I was confronted with a fight, I'd try to ally myself with friends. In numbers, the weak can take on the strong. :D

Top Bottom