Final Fixes Reborn

Enraged can be circumvented with loyalty (Law I) I think.. ahem..

I ran into a gamebreaking oversight for the Sidar. Their world units from religions do not gain the shade racial trait and thus lack the sight to travel through misted lands. All world units should probably gain bonus sight, or, at the very least gibbon goetia should have shade. This is also an issue with fishing boats, artisans, caravans and so on. Catapults not being able to travel through friendly mist is balanced, but the above is contradictory to the aim of the mist mechanic (building your empire away from enemy intrusion).

Another minor oversight was that the travel light spell (austrin) removes bronze, iron, mithril weapons, but dot not block gaining them, so casting it while in your territory immediately reapplies those promotions without having to cast 're-equip'. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the wording for the ability seems off.

Enraged can be circumvented with loyalty (Law I) I think.. ahem..
As I didn't remember myself, I checked ingame just now: it doesn't work.
"Loyalty" is a 1 turn promotion, but your enraged unit moves automatically at the beginning of each turn, before you can launch the spell.
For lunatics, it's a good thing you can't un-enrage them. The "Crazed" promotion is most likely intended to compensate for their high strength and relatively low cost.
For other units, I've no opinion at the moment. Perhaps I could change the loyalty spell to remove enraged, but not crazed for all units that are not lunatic.

I ran into a gamebreaking oversight for the Sidar. Their world units from religions do not gain the shade racial trait and thus lack the sight to travel through misted lands. All world units should probably gain bonus sight, or, at the very least gibbon goetia should have shade. This is also an issue with fishing boats, artisans, caravans and so on. Catapults not being able to travel through friendly mist is balanced, but the above is contradictory to the aim of the mist mechanic (building your empire away from enemy intrusion).
Never played the sidar; it's curious indeed. I think it's repairable. (If I remember well, all dteshi units get the affinity promotion automatically. I'll check why the promotions apply differently)

Another minor oversight was that the travel light spell (austrin) removes bronze, iron, mithril weapons, but dot not block gaining them, so casting it while in your territory immediately reapplies those promotions without having to cast 're-equip'. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the wording for the ability seems off.
Thanks for the info. :)
I'll have PROMOTION_LIGHT exclude the weapon promotions -> re-equip necessary.

Playing Scion. I cant seem to get Korinna. She doesnt appear at the start, and isnt buildable at Hunting, even with the Hunting lodge.
I just created her using World Builder, instead of the 1xp per turn her XP gain is painful. Comparable to a Adept class unit.

sammoraj said:
Risen Emperor

Just started a new game with Risen Emperor. Korinna appears at the beginning of turn 2.
Used world builder to get currency. Next turn, Pelemoc spawns in capital city too.

I didn't change anything in the code of the events that make scion heroes pop --> I've no idea what could be wrong.
Example for EVENTTRIGGER_POP_PELEMOC :
Code:
<PrereqTech>TECH_CURRENCY</PrereqTech>
<PrereqTech>TECH_THE_GIFT</PrereqTech>
<PythonCanDo>canTriggerScions</PythonCanDo>
<PythonCallback>doPopPelemoc</PythonCallback>

1) If you play Illians or Doviello, do you get their heroes at the beginning of the game?
2) How did you install the new version? patch? full download? svn?

As I didn't remember myself, I checked ingame just now: it doesn't work.
"Loyalty" is a 1 turn promotion, but your enraged unit moves automatically at the beginning of each turn, before you can launch the spell.
For lunatics, it's a good thing you can't un-enrage them. The "Crazed" promotion is most likely intended to compensate for their high strength and relatively low cost.
For other units, I've no opinion at the moment. Perhaps I could change the loyalty spell to remove enraged, but not crazed for all units that are not lunatic.

That's what I was thinking of - removing crazed or enraged from a unit that gets given it from a dungeon or similar.

Just found another game destroying bug.. or maybe not.. I guess is depends on whether or not the ai was refusing to attack because they would die, or if they couldn't see my units... In any case, the wonder that you get for founding the council of Esus, which is supposed to make your units invisible inside your own territory, works outside of your territory too, and never falls off.

You maintain the ability to 'remove shroud' while outside your territory.

your XML files are corrupted

the first error says that in some file there is forgotten closing-tag in some module xlm file and the second error says that there is either missing or corrupted module schema file

my suggestion would be to re-download the modules/reinstall the mod - and i'm not entirely sure, but it's possible that they were disabled because they are broken

as to your third problem, ashes of erebus is a mod that builds on rife, so just download the archive and extract it; and as for the "new" modules, i'm afraid that they are only in this subforum and there's nothing else somewhere else
here is some list of modules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523100

Already did that, that's not the problem.

Thanks for the link! :)

When I am trying to add the frozen and the Jotnar civs Rife launcher(i guess) is messing them up somehow and not all the schemas\spreadsheets are getting updated as they should.

* I have been trying to use the launcher fix.
* I have been trying to use XP compatibility since I'm running win7.
* I did reinstall the entire mod folder fresh and the error repeated.

My CIV:BTS is updated to the latest patch...

Quick question, does rife launcher generates it's files from it's own folder or does it takes files from FFH2 or any other folder?

H E L P

If you're using the Frozen/Jotnar modules that come with Ashes of Erebus, there's your problem - last time I checked, they hadn't been updated. If however you're using the updated versions in my module thread, they *should* work, and if not grab the issues and throw them at me.

That being said, the updated Frozen module doesn't fully work yet, as it still has a few issues that need working out. I haven't had the time to work on my modules much lately, so I haven't got around to that yet.

Edit: Also if the RiFE Launcher is giving you trouble, copy the modules over yourself. Inactive ones are in Assets/Inactive Modules, loaded modules go in Assets/Modules/NormalModules
Then just load up the game either with the launcher, through a shortcut, or by making the vanilla game load the mod.
I've often had issues with the RiFE Launcher when it comes to modules, so I find doing it by hand this way is generally less annoying.

I've recompiled the RifE launcher (anw gave me the permission) and will ship it in the next version if testing doesn't show bugs.
1st time I ever read/wrote/compiled C-sharp code.

General idea : it won't try to call the old RifE server anymore. (greyfox.me disappeared some time ago)
Details :
- RSS flux: I created one on my own server (link to latest version + changelog)
- link to RifE website replaced with link to this forum thread
- online module database deactivated for now (it was on the RifE server too)

Well the sidar just seem broken (mechanically) right now =/. Apparently if you capture a city that is generating mist (accessed via the gust of wind spell), the building will be destroyed, but the code to generate the mist is not abated. So you get to capture cities that all have impassable terrain around them..

General idea : it won't try to call the old RifE server anymore. (greyfox.me disappeared some time ago)

Oh wow... it's about time some coder got to do that one! good on you! :) :goodjob:

If you're using the Frozen/Jotnar modules that come with Ashes of Erebus, there's your problem - last time I checked, they hadn't been updated. If however you're using the updated versions in my module thread, they *should* work, and if not grab the issues and throw them at me.

Throwing them at you:

I was having a crash to desktop and I couldn't figur out why up untill I've noticed that every time I load the game and move my units in a certain direction the same happens - CTD.

Using the game editor and chipotle cheats i've singled out the problem to be the jotnar in this case, it could also be the frozen but i haven't tested it.

I was trying it with both of your jotnar modules, the straight port and the Overhauled version and what I've withnessed with the world editor was that the Jotnar civ seems to be developing normally(as AI anyhow - didn't play them yet), they have cities and roads and what not - however when i approach them and the game should trigger a diplo screen it crashes instead.

Now I may have not been spesific here but when I've said that I wanted to play a game with the frozen and jotnar in it I may have forgoten to mention that i was also hoping to be able to contact them. :3 jk

Also the leaders of the Frozen civ and their Jotnar counterparts are showing like the description in the files e.g. "TXT_KEY_LEADER_UXOL" instead of "Uxol".

EDIT: Oh and another thing, I have started a new game and used the cheat menu to spawn a legion unit by me so the diplomacy would open(as a control group), it did everything ok.
when i did the same with jotnar unit the game crashed all the same.

Another thing I've noticed was that when i was checking the Civilopedia at the frozen and jotnar civs the leaders area was empty. All those leaders for both civs did appear in the Civilopedia but under their <description> names(TXT_KEY_LEADER_*).

So... what's going on? did I do something wrong?

I only recently started playing on deity difficulty. On deity, do barbarians and animals spawn within cultural borders and if so, how can I deactivate that?

Unusual issue, I'll get on that and see what wierdness is happening with the Jotnar. It may be that something changed between AoE 13.12 and 14.4 that they don't like.

thanks Derf. :goodjob:

I only recently started playing on deity difficulty. On deity, do barbarians and animals spawn within cultural borders and if so, how can I deactivate that?

No mate, I play only on deity and i dont recall ever seeing them do that.

Could it be, with no disrespect to you experience with the game, that some invisible animal got detected inside your cultural borders?

For example, it can be a nasty surprise for a new scout that moves on a seemingly empty game slab\square only to discover that there is an invisible spider lurking there.

Could that be the case? Maybe I didn't understand you so well?

Animals shouldn't spawn inside your borders (With the possible exception of animals spawned by nests, maybe?), but if an animal somehow ends up inside your borders (e.g. via the borders expanding to where the animal is) it won't be forced out.

Well, there were a couple of specters that suddenly started attacking my workers (and unless they came in flying through the ocean they spawned within my lands) and a wolf out of nowhere, but yeah, there was a nest up north which was swallowed up by my cultural borders.

One more thing, would it fix the emergent leader issue if I changed all of them to important leaders?

One more thing, would it fix the emergent leader issue if I changed all of them to important leaders?

Yes, of course. If they're flagged as "important", they will be part of the important mechanism (i.e. gain new traits depending on your behaviour)

File CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
Just use "replace all"

<LeaderStatus>EMERGENT_STATUS</LeaderStatus> --> <LeaderStatus>IMPORTANT_STATUS</LeaderStatus>

Awesome, guess I'll do that in the meantime.
How did emergent leaders get new traits? Wasn't it based on the same events?

Top Bottom