• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Food idea-stuff.

mechaerik

Tuturuu!
Okay here's the situation. My parents went on their annual trip to Mexico today, and will be gone approximately a month. My brother and I have minimal cooking ability.

We can't just be eating fast food the entire month, so does anyone have any recipes for good food, or recommendations of food stuff? As I typed, we don't have much cooking ability, but we should be competent enough to follow simple instructions.

Thank you all in advance. :hatsoff:

:yumyum:

Quesadilla's are pretty easy to make. Poke around online for ingredients and instructions.

Baked potatoes, maybe? All you really need to do is figure out how long to put them in the oven for, and then stick some cheese on top. You can find the details somewhere on-line- I, unfortunately, am no more competent a chef than yourself. ;)

Pretty much anything in a grocery store that comes in a box w/ instructions...

Lasagna, quesadillas, tacos, burritos, salads, pasta, macaroni-n-cheese, soup, pot pies, etc. All easy to make. I'm not talking about from scratch, they all come pretty much ready to cook or mix+cook.

Breakfest: Cereal.
Lunch: Sandwiches.

Dinner: tbh, i have no idea, your on your own. I've been eating 2/3 what I need for a few months.

Omelettes and pastas are simple enough.

hamburgers are easy.

buy a pack of ground meat, (beef, veal, etc...) put it into a large bowl, add liberal amounts of Garlic salt, pepper, any spice you want, two eggs, bread crumbs, parmesan, and a half an onion, diced.

smooch it all together with your hands, mixing it well... then form it into patties, and cook them in a pan with a little oil... flip them once, when a side is cooked. (I tend to put cheese on the side that is first cooked.)

Pasta is simple, too. I tend to make a butter sauce, which is easy: butter, melted in a pan with parmesan and herbs, then pour it over the pasta.

McDonald's. Burger King. Taco Bell. Pizza Hut. Domino's. Long John Silvers. Papa John's.

Chinese!

I'm in a similar situation except the dining hall on campus is closed and I have no cooking utensils except one tupperware bowl, a tupperware container, a tupperware cup, and plastic forks, spoons, knives. I do however have a stove (but nothing metal to heat it on), an oven and a microwave. So far noodles have been my sole sustenance and cereal.

But as I suspect that I am dying I need more varied food, any suggestions? No I am not willing to buy cooking utensils nor am I willing to prepare anything time consuming. I requires something that needs little time, effort, or utensils and is nutritious.

Pasta dishes are generally very easy. Just boil whatever noodles of your choice in some salted water and put some jarred tomato sauce over them, or even just olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and maybe some cut up pieces of bacon and salt and pepper for flavoring. You can throw in any random cut up veggies too.

Stir fry is good too. Just cut up some vegetables and a meat of your choice and throw it in a really hot pan with some soy sauce and ginger and garlic. If you are nervous about cooking the meat right, just buy those packages of precooked chicken and put it in last so they don't overcook. They aren't great but with soy sauce and some other spices on them they'll be okay.

If you want extremely easy, there is always grilled cheese and BLTs.

Whatever you do, don't let your brother eat a hot pocket.

Why? :confused:

:lol:

I'd suggest visiting a simple recipes website. I'm logged in to Cooks.com in my other window at the moment because I want to learn how to cook some decent pork ribs.

I shall look at this cooks.com.

Stir fry is good too. Just cut up some vegetables and a meat of your choice and throw it in a really hot pan with some soy sauce and ginger and garlic. If you are nervous about cooking the meat right, just buy those packages of precooked chicken and put it in last so they don't overcook. They aren't great but with soy sauce and some other spices on them they'll be okay.

If you want extremely easy, there is always grilled cheese and BLTs.

Hmm.... this stir fry you speak of sounds rather tasty. Must write it down.

I sometimes throw in a bit of grated cheese, too.

Oh my god there are so many awesome tasty things you can do with scrambled eggs. I like it cook it up with bell peppers and a bit of ham or sausage. Really the only limit to how many awesome insanely delicious things you can do with eggs is your imagination.

Top Bottom