1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: UniversCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

After the in-game chat I had with the Uciv turnplayer (will sew and post it later) and the letter we sent them, here is their answer:

Quite favourable I can say. But yet, without much commitment. I think we must work on this part.

2. 2metraninja

This one I forgot to post.

3. 2metraninja

And this we got just right now.

500 gold per turn is quite a lot I think.

4. SevenSpirits

SevenSpirits Immortal?

500 is definitely the largest amount of gpt I've seen anyone ask for for free. Loooool.

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

But in exchange we can "trade" wit them for techs they get during their GA, so it is not really fre. The closest thing to tech trading.

6. 2metraninja

We got new mail from Uciv:

Thing is we gave way more much money that the 10-15% of each tech beaker's cost, but the fastest way to actually we get the techs which will give us a way to secure our west front was this. I decided to just give those money and steal the techs from Uciv (still better trade-off then if we were to tech those techs ourselves), than to keep losing cities in the West to the superior CP army.

What you guys think about extending NAP with them? We have NAP ending with Apolyton at the exact same t240.

We have to decide the big picture on diplomacy. We are about to form what could well be the ending game distribution of alliances.

Uciv are good allies, but they are also arguably the weaker team in the game beside CivFR. They do have potential though. MZ was talking to me that Ot4e tries to get him to attack Uciv together, to which I said that we will never let Ot4e take on Uciv. But our bond with Uciv is also acting as detergent to MZ for making firm plans with us against Ot4e, because he fears that once Ot4e is out of the big game it will be CFC + Usiv versus him, which variant he wants to avoid understandably. And CFC+Uciv versus CP + Poly is not a bright possibility too. For now Poly is tied in war with CivFR, in which we are not participating actively more or less, but this can very well change in terms CivFR giving NAP to Poly, while keeping the war with us if CP allies Poly. Then we are in even worse situation of CP + Poly + CivFR versus CFC + Uciv. This have small chance of happening, because MZ will know once we are gone, it is him versus CP + CivFR, but Ot4e is scrupulousless enough to use CivFR to bring us down, while promising MZ that once they are the 3 of them, he will attack CivFR too and then CP and Poly will have to decide the game between them 2.

Ideally, we want CFC + Poly + Uciv versus CP + CivFR situation. Any ideas how we achieve it? Or some other ideas about configuration which might be equally good for us or even better plus idea how to achieve them?

7. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Can we spend the next 20 turns ignoring CivFr and focusing on crippling CP?

If we can hobble CP, then MZ would never join them.

8. 2metraninja

It is more like the opposite - CP is crippling us with their superior technology and non-stop whips :(

Last turn we lost Delhi - very nice coastal city on our side of Thunder Bay which was going to be a navy production powerhouse. We are defenseless in the seas for few more turns, as Ot4e have destroyers and transports, while we have only galleons still.

On land the situation is similar - Ot4e have tons of artillery and infantry to our mostly rifles and canons. We do have Assembly Line and Artillery, just not much of our units are modern ones. From this turn, he started to churn out tanks :(

MZ is going to keep his word about us splitting the French I think, but he asked that we provide some 15 tanks in 10 turns in addition to 30 other units (most of which we do have ready on the French front). This can be done I think, but much depends on the fury with which Ot4e will attack our positions. If he goes on exchange, then we are in deep trouble. Not to mention that French got a Great Artist last turn and might well trade it to Ot4e, in which nightmareous scenario our front will just collapse, resulting in us losing almost all of our army. :(

So not much good news I have to report lately. We are first in production and just equal to Ot4e in power, but our food is already third and our GNP is bad. Our cooperation with Uciv in stealing is great for us though, but it wont be eternal I guess. So far, thats it.

9. Sommerswerd

Ah, I see... But...

If as you say our production is higher than CP, and he is killing us with "endless whips,"... Then why can we not switch his Civics to something where he can't draft or whip, and just keep switching him every time he tries to switch back?

1. We are SPI, so we can switch to any civic we want with no anarchy.

2. If he tries to switch back he will be in anarchy... No builds, no whips... So he will have to choose between constant anarchy or no more whips.

3. If he has kept any city that he captured from us it will be super-cheap to run CSM there.

Can this help us out of our dire situation?

10. Sommerswerd

Here's how I think it will work.

Turn 1 - we draft whip etc, then switch out of drafting and whipping civics, then switch CP to our civics so they can't whip/draft

Turn 2-6 - no one can whip or change civics

Turn 7- CP changes back their civics and goes into anarchy, we run CSM on them and change them back to non whipping civics, then we switch to Slavery/ Nationalism anarchy-free and start whipping

Turn 8-12 no one can change civics, CP can't draft or whip, but WE CAN.

Turn 13 - goto turn 1

11. 2metraninja

Good call about switching civics, that would had been great, but alas, we made agreement with CP to not use CSM on them in exchange of them promising to not vote for religious victory. We were so afraid CivFR seeing us and Poly ripping them apart with combined forces will vote Cp religious winner just to spite us. Way later after we had the agreement at place Ot4e said something about he ever felt this a cheesy win and would hesitate to use it, but we did not knew at the time. I see this as example how no one can scare yourself more than you can scare yourself if you let yourself the seed of fear plant and grow inside of you. We were so afraid of hypothetical religious win scenario, that we gave up our strongest weapon in regard to CP. :(