Forum migrated to xenforo!

It's not about character spaces, it's about the tag itself being screwed. I'm allowed to dump a link and it'll be auto-converted to it, but I cannot tag a piece of text as being a link.
Xenforo has bbcodes completely disabled for profile posts. Not sure why, but they are quite frequently used by spammers, so it does provide a security / spam mitigation.

Considering the nightly spammers that used to turn up in my email notifications, they should have concentrated elsewhere.

Xenforo has bbcodes completely disabled for profile posts. Not sure why, but they are quite frequently used by spammers, so it does provide a security / spam mitigation.
There are other ways to discourage me from posting, you know. ;)

Well, I'll see what can be done.

It's not as if backwards compatibility were necessary when there's a mere 16 years' worth of posts, shadowplay.

Did Youtube even exist when CFC got started? Or, for that matter, become popular enough to have its own tag?

No, it took a few years. Besides the quite valid point that CFC didn't really exist before I joined, it's not as if the Youtube tag was the only thing that was screwed up with this ‘up’grade.

Did Youtube even exist when CFC got started? Or, for that matter, become popular enough to have its own tag?

CFC: 2000
YouTube: 2005

Thank you. I joined CFC in 2005.

You can check the style options waaaaay down in the lower left corner.

And no, there are still no decent choices for people who find all this white to be hard on the eyes.

I hope the breadcrumbs at the bottom of each page, especially the Previous< >Next buttons, are coming back...
I do believe this qualifies as laudably patient waiting on a reasonable request.

I really want that Previous<-->Next function back. Wastes considerable time browsing when I have to surface from each thread and find my place. Over and over and over for over a year now. :yup:

Instead let's pretend I ranted a little, repetitiously demanding the Previous<-->Next function back. It's good for the community, bad it wasn't done by the end of October of the year before last.

It would be a good thing, and I want it, please. :yup:

Instead let's pretend I ranted a little, repetitiously demanding the Previous<-->Next function back.

Look, if we're gonna do it theatrically you had better -at least- threaten us with something you'll do to the mods once you've taken over the world.

I'm a little busy for doing theatrical right -though I've actually done it for a living- but I promise to perma them all at AC2. Um, darnit, am I ever in a snit over it, the cads and bounders. They'll never join any country club I'm on the board of. Yale men, I tell you.

-Read it in a Thurston Howell III voice, and it works.

They should sign up there, BTW. It's excellent, and I take taking care of my people as Job One.

Last edited:
Top Bottom