• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Freedom Fighter=Terrorist?

Is said statement true?

• Total voters

A1CBOZ

Prince
I'm sure most of you have heard the old saying:

One nations terrorist is another nations freedom-fighter

Does anyone agree with this statement? I think it is absurd to think that. They loose the freedom fighter status when they start bombing civilians and killing innocents.

I think that the term "freedom fighter" is relative, and refers to the ends sought. I also think that "terrorist" is a relative term, and it refers to the measn used. So someone could hypothetically be both.

I think that the term "freedom fighter" is relative, and refers to the ends sought. I also think that "terrorist" is a relative term, and it refers to the measn used. So someone could hypothetically be both.
At the risk of making a "me too" post, me too.

Freedom fighter = terrorist who won.

Generally, if the U.S., Britain, Israel, Japan, Australia, etc. designate him as a terrorist, he's absolutely a terrorist.

If Kenya, Mexico, Tunisia, Pakistan, etc. designate him as a terrorist, he's probably either a little of both or neither at all.

If Cuba, Zimbabwe, North Korea, etc. designate him as a terrorist, he's a freedom fighter.

Freedom Fighter = amadeus

Freedom Fighter = amadeus
That would also do.

However, I would not want to be a T-shirt for odor-ridden hippies trying to relive the 1960s; the only alternative would be to manufacture the shirts to have a stench detection device that would cause the shirt to self-destruct if it comes in contact with the offensive odor.

The sole purpose of this mechanism would be to protect my reputation as someone that very highly values personal hygiene.

Top Bottom