Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Admins, certainly, as in every forum.

Mods, depends on each forum's configuration. I'm not sure about CFC.

Only Thunderfall and I can read PMs (plus ainwood, who is retired). However, we do so only under unusual situations. I have never read anyone's PMs.

Hmph, I thought I'd read plotinus saying all admins (including himself) are able to read other users' PMs.

I get "You don't have permission to access this page", so it seems permission has to be set by the boss to do it.

What about emails?

I've run a variety of IPB forums, and email logs are right there for admins to read if they choose. It's why I've always asked people who want to communicate with me on forums to either use PMs or regular email (assuming they have my email address; it's not something I give out to very many people).

Our version of vBulletin can log email messages. However, it isn't enabled.

I discovered an old account of mine that I used here over a decade ago. Can those posts be merged into my current account, and the old account deleted?

Yes. Please send me a PM with the user name of the old account and I can merge them. Merging them causes the deletion of the old account.

The limit on signature length is set forth in the CFC rules, and, to my knowledge, was not based on any technological or other limitations inherent to VBulletin. So, until CFC rules are changed, the existing rule-based signature limitations should still be in effect.

So...This probably means I should remove the three stacked lorem ipsum definitions or get infracted, yeah?

Will the alternate website skins be added back to the new forum, if possible? The entire place being white and light gray tires my eyes very quickly. I've always done better on black background with white text than white background with black text.

Last edited:
Top Bottom