Funny Screenshots: Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG Event TRanslate : " Volcano have erupted near the city of Napoli , puckign out lethal ash clouds, lava and causing flood of melted snow with debris " = "Un vulcano ha eruttato vicino Napoli, vomitanfo letali nuvole di cenere, lava e causando inondazioni di neve scioltam mista a detriti".

The funny thing ? Well, I'm roman, and Pompei was effectively near the Vesuvio, so....

Ummm.... How? :confused:

Note how the south-eastern and north-western continents have no access to the strip of land, while the other two do.
What a fair map script :p

Looks like an Islands/Ringworld mashup. I had something similar happen (Pangaea mixed with Hub or some such combo) when I accidently left them both clicked in the Full of Resources script.

That strip of land reminds me of a Great Chineese Dragon :D (head pointed to the east). You can even distinguish some legs there :D Oh and strijder20 is right , no colonizing from NW ans and SE before Astro, and also those two poor continents seems smaller than the ones with access to a Chineese Dragon shaped strip of land ;) I see a possible Egyptian / American war in the future :D

And the Ethiopians completed the circumnavigation of the globe, and the LORD said "Lo, this civilization's ships shalt henceforth gain +1 to movement."

Captain, the Inflatable Amphibious Transportation Footwear seems to be working. Should we bring up the marines and launch 'em from here?

Ummm... Opps :p

Spoiler :

What hapenned here: I was winning the game so decideed to have some fun, I made washington delcare peace with brennus (for a LOOOOOT of gold) and then I did a UN resolution to assign the last remaining celtic city to pacal... The results were hilarious :lol:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    299.2 KB · Views: 471
'Brennus, you can choose. +5:mad: 'You are a villain!' unhappiness or complete and utter annihiliation.'
'I'll go with the complete and utter annihilation, thanks.'

The game bogged down, so I decided to zoom through my territories to see what life was like for my suffering subjects.

I quickly lost control of my vehicle (By the by, just what is it? A brain-plane? A magic carpet? A Google Earth glitch?) Then I looked up and got this view of the underneath view of the world. The fish my nets are catching look like caged sharks from this view. The pigs, if you zoom in close enough, are all remarkably anatomically correct. And the trees are... well I dunno how to describe those trees. But the eeriest thing is the oppressive starless night sky lurking above the civ4 world. I really wish they'd make the sky default to clouds-on-blue. Fly-thru mode would be a lot less scary.

More shots

Spoiler :
Looking over his shoulder, my Japanese longbowman guarding my northwestern Australian outpost seems to be wearing a 19th century British military helmet from the Africa service.

That's Indonesia in the foreground and my Philippine colonies over on the right. If you squint you can see the homeland with its homefires burning into the night sky.

Spoiler :
Gaah! Don't go ahead! It won't make you day, I promise!!

Spoiler :
Lonely workers with nothing useful left to do until my borders expand. That's my sole transpacific colony you can see in Alaska in the far distance.

Clear blue water

Spoiler :
The red blanket of Japaneseness now draps over the snow-capped mountain, rerendering the snow as slightly pink

Spoiler :
Another world turned upside down shot.

#8 - creepy
Spoiler :
In the world beyond our shores, there are races of giants ruling the lands. Meanwhile, back home, we've just developed the rarely-acquired "independently floating arrows" technology, as seen on the far left of your screen.

(Actually, what I did was hit Alt+O to remove the curvature of the earth while still in flight mode. That places all visible tiles at an equal distance from the "camera" view. Then the lost of perspective distances in flythru mode makes distant pixies look relatively humongous. Note the ginormous ice caps in the distance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom