Future Update - Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since second easter day was yesterday. I’m just going to treat this day as a regular monday.
Which means absolutely nothing exciting is going to happen.

I'm just carrying on expecting nothing to happen until it does. Easier that way.

(as an aside: sorry, Cornwall fans, but when I see Cornwall discussed as a plausible official Civ choice that's a sure sign that this discussion is running out of steam again :lol: If we are going for obscure, underrepresented Civs, there are loads of better options.)

Would be more fun if there were new civs based on cultures that weren't empires or even full nations. Like the Maori is based off a tribal ethnic group and is one of the best civs in the game.

Speculating on possible new leaders: can we assume that current members of the Hall of Fame scoring-ladder won't show up in game?

So for example: Hammurabi of Babylon is unlikely to become a playable character because of this.

Not really. This is Just a line of text. City states have changed to be part of civilizations in the past.
This is nothing final what could not be changed in another update without much effort.

Well... I think XCOM: Chimera Squad will make any Civ related annoncements unlikely for a month or so now.

I think such arbitrary cutoffs and limits are pointless, silly, and self-defeating. :nono:
sure, fair enough. you're probably right.

Well... I think XCOM: Chimera Squad will make any Civ related annoncements unlikely for a month or so now.

Disagree. There's two if not three seperate "teams" working on projects. XCOM has nothing to do with Civ, Ed/Dennis etc. aren't "working" on XCOM. So a Civ Annoucement coudl still happen.

Also, XCOM is coming out in TEN days (24th of April, which I admit is a rather strange thing to do) so at the very least, we could see annoucement afterwards.

Disagree. There's two if not three seperate "teams" working on projects. XCOM has nothing to do with Civ, Ed/Dennis etc. aren't "working" on XCOM. So a Civ Annoucement coudl still happen.

Also, XCOM is coming out in TEN days (24th of April, which I admit is a rather strange thing to do) so at the very least, we could see annoucement afterwards.

However, they've been reluctant to have overlapping marketing between Civ and XCOM in the past. I agree that this makes near-future Civ announcements less likely.

However, they've been reluctant to have overlapping marketing between Civ and XCOM in the past. I agree that this makes near-future Civ announcements less likely.
Hopefully we can bear this in mind and keep the 'another day, no news' type commentary to a minimum. I get it, guys. We've all been waiting since November. Now we know there is definitely something coming, we just have to be patient a bit longer.

That is true; but then again, they don't want to detract any marketing attention away from XCOM: CS until it's out.

I think we would need to look at whatever happened to the maketting for Sid Meier's Starships to gain a bit of insite of how long the marketing for XCOM: CS will last as they are both small games from Firaxis. But I still see no Civ announcments for the next 30 days. If anything at the end of this new game's marketing (if they manage to do any streams of any form) they might pander to fans by saying that they have something to look forward to "SoonTM".

Do I misremember or was Hannibal not just a general . Was he not recalled to defend Carthage while he was still teaching the romans the meaning of the word fear and when he told the Carthage senate that the army could not win a set battle against the romans he was ordered to fight it never the less. I dont think we can classify Hannibal as a leader for Carthage. I like his accomplishments , i love the fact that even after 2 millenia all the military academies still teach him and his tactics and that his tactcis are still used in modern warfare but still no leader.
Hannibal was a sufet, equivalent to a Roman senator. NB that Carthage was an oligarchic republic and had no executive leaders, nothing equivalent to a Roman consul or an American president, which means generals and sufets are the only option for Carthaginian leaders unless one looks back to the time of kings. I'd be pleased with Mago I, but I'd bet most people have never heard of him.

When it's time. Don't be so entitled, nobody wants a rushed game.

It's done when it's done.

Nobody wants a rushed game, but I don’t think it’s entitlement to want just a basic confirmation that an announcement is coming in a few months.

And yes, I think we are unlikely to get an announcement now until after the XCOM game is released. At least I know I need to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom