Future Update - Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of this is because nobody comes to us and says "I paid $130 for this and it doesn't work".
And yet, the way some people treat modders, you'd think they had. :crazyeye:

wait, I'm confused. Last time I was checking there were 5 or 6 DLCs? Then there was a phantom DLC 7 and DLC 8 which is Red Death. When did we get to 19 DLCs?

wait, I'm confused. Last time I was checking there were 5 or 6 DLCs? Then there was a phantom DLC 7 and DLC 8 which is Red Death. When did we get to 19 DLCs?
https://steamdb.info/app/289070/dlc/

Six DLC, 2 expansions, the Aztecs, development tools, development assets, soundtrack, deluxe extras, the demo, four named unknown DLC, one unnamed and unknown DLC.

This is ridiculous ... there is enought steam app for two expansions for Civ6, Civ7 with one DLC and two expansions .... and its just growing and growing in numbers and we dont know nothing about it. There is real possibility now we wont get anything out for Civ 6 in one year (what was last patch, sept.2019)

This is ridiculous ... there is enought steam app for two expansions for Civ6, Civ7 with one DLC and two expansions .... and its just growing and growing in numbers and we dont know nothing about it. There is real possibility now we wont get anything out for Civ 6 in one year (what was last patch, sept.2019)

i wonder what firaxis reasoning is about all this. Sometimes i wonder if they have switched their strategy inbetween. I think perhaps more has been added to civ 6 then originally planned. Maybe someone had a cool idea and they wanted to put it in. Like red death.
If september has been the last update. Some serious work might have been put into what is to come. I hope the manpower on civ 6 has been the same.

I see two possible reasons for delay.

They are working on some seriously large content. An expansion or an expansion amount of content broken up into smaller DLC.

Or the majority of the team have begun work on civ vi and there is now a smaller 'maintenance' team continuing work on civ vi which is why things have slowed down so much.

I was going to suggest that civ vi was completely finished and the whole team has moved on but all the Steam depot activity makes me think something is definitely coming. Actually with the age rating build appearing I think its effectively 100% confirmed something is coming.

Interesting that the possible 'leak' from the red death files are to do with the Bank building. This makes me think that maybe they are getting reworked and we are getting a economic victory and a load of new game mechanics.

I think part of the reason I am so desperate and to hear some official info about what's coming is that since this is all uncharted territory I have no idea what too expect the future content too be. Or how excited I should be about the future content.

Yeah, 2K is really shooting themselves in the foot with this old school marketing strategy, in my opinion.

They really should just come out and confirm (officially, not obliquely on a stream 9 months ago) that more Civ 6 content is in development. They don’t need to say what it is or what it will look like, just something, given that we are in uncharted territory.

Because another thing that just occurred to me is that most casual players almost certainly assume Civ 6 is done because it’s gotten two expansions. (I’ve literally heard this said on a gaming podcast I listen to, and the hosts are in the industry and they think this—because they aren’t Civ Fanatics!)

So they are kind of running the risk that if they wait too long, more content will drop and people will have lost interest and moved on to other things. Now I’m sure the Civ brand name counts for a lot here—a third XP would get a lot of press of course—but it’s still something to consider.

In any case, I don’t think it’s entitlement to just want some form of confirmation that stuff is coming. You’re not saying you want it tomorrow or that it needs to be X thing, just that you would like to know if more content will come.

I must be somewhat out of touch with the advertisement and hype building etc.
is it not true that this forum and reddit positively teaming with speculation and expectations about the future content of civ6?
what more can 2K or firaxis hope to achieve by actually releasing some official information?
if it is official communication you want than you should simply stop posting , if there is no activity at all then they will need to start work and create something to be talked about.
bonus : if enough people participate then you can easily tell the moles of firaxis/2K lurking in these forums since they will try to stir the pot up.

Interesting that the possible 'leak' from the red death files are to do with the Bank building. This makes me think that maybe they are getting reworked and we are getting a economic victory and a load of new game mechanics.
Updates to Poland make a lot of sense if we're getting Economic victory, because they're heavily focused towards Economics & Trade (as well as Religion).

Oh I thought Bank was supposed to be codename for the expansion / mechanic lol
Kinda brainfarted and forgot it's an actual building

Oh I thought Bank was supposed to be codename for the expansion / mechanic lol
Kinda brainfarted and forgot it's an actual building
I mean, it's still possible... :p
Surely a bank building/the title would be needed for a possible economic victory so yes it's not out of the question.

@Casworon @Jeppetto @Alexander's Hetaroi

Everyone talking about "bank" is a little misguided. In the context of the Red Death diles, bank is referring to a collection of files - it has nothing to do with the Bank building or a "code name" or anything else.

So in the image that Eagle Pursuit posted of the Red Death assets, the UI_bank files are a collection of user interface assets.

If you look through the game's files, you will find MANY such "banks" ---
Unit_Bank_3D
XP2_UI_Bank
XP2_Music_Bank
XP_Common_UI_Bank

etc. etc.

Don't look anymore into it than there is :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom