1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Future Update - Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

And 2K is clearly officially part of this ! Guess we might feel this explains a lot of things

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

If they do an announcement in the next few weeks, it will parallel the age rating->announcement timeframe with XCOM:CS.

679x, Inawordyes, RohirrimElf and 5 others like this.
  3. JungleTreetops

JungleTreetops Chieftain

My hope is that they not only do some sort of large announcement with mechanics etc, but have some alternate leaders for the GS and R&F expansions.

Only a hope, I would love any sort of announcement. 2K /= Firaxis though, and 2K might focus on other projects they have been working on / publishing. But the amount of activity suggests most probably some sort of announcement is going on, so fingers crossed!

4. LKx

LKx Chieftain

I don't care much if they are making a dlc or an expansion, i only care if they're gonna fix load game in play by cloud

5. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

That's a lot of big company names there. Love Geoff.

I expect news regarding Overwatch 2, Battlefield 6, Valorant, Elder Scrolls 6 and Cyberpunk.

Though regarding BF6 and ES6, I'm more interested in how the community is going to react than in the actual games. I'm still hoping for an actual backlash by consumers and that EA and Bethesda suffer a noticeable drop in pre orders. The near illegality (if not outright so) of the whole Fallout 76 debacle is mind numbing.

What other titles does 2k have that would deserve an announcement? I know they've got some sports series.

Edit - I just noticed there's also this:
    https://store.steampowered.com/sale/gamefestival

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    tedhebert and RohirrimElf like this.
  6. JungleTreetops

JungleTreetops Chieftain

I was first thinking KSP2 but realized that was Take Two and not 2k, but there's some other ones I saw on wikipedia I think...

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2020
  7. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Perhaps the first update will hit without warning. So there could still be 5 updates during 4 months. Give or take one odd day.

acluewithout likes this.
  8. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

i think starfield would be more likely from Bethesda. Elder scrolls launch must still be 4-5 years off or so. Starfield would get attention first. I would pay 40 euros instantly just to see the elder scrolls 6 trailer do if it offered some gameplay.

9. KnightModern

KnightModern Warlord

a little off topic, but EA wouldn't release next BF until fall next year, so very little chance next BF will be shown this year
    and Starfield hasn't been released, so little chance of ES6 will be shown by Bethesda this year, too, except for "concept art" and something like that

I do put my money on 2K will announce Civ-related stuff on the fest, no way they will just "update some stuff" with recent activities

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Jkchart, 679x, Kjimmet and 4 others like this.
  10. Inawordyes

Inawordyes In a word: Illyria

If they’re doing a “Season Pass 2” of DLC with five separate instead of a full-blown third expansion, are we expecting every DLC to have civs? SP1 added Nubia and Indonesia/Khmer on because it originally didn’t include civs with every DLC (the Viking Scenario Pack), leaving 3/4 [original] DLCs with leaders.

How likely is it that we see 5/5 for civs with this group? If, say, Red Death was meant to originally be a DLC in this SP (DLC_08) and later just released for free in a patch, was it intended to be the Vikings equivalent (aka, the scenario-only DLC without an accompanying civ), meaning that all the other DLCs would have civs?

And, if they’re going for DLC rather than an expansion, are we likely to see new civs at all (such as fan favorites like Vietnam), or are just going to see missing “staple” civs like Portugal/Maya/Iroquois/Babylon/Byzantium? Would the inclusion (or lack) of many returning civs be an indication that we are[n’t] getting a full third expansion that would feature most of these as a selling point?

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Nobody knows for sure. Now 4 of them could have the possibility of including 2 civs each so that way we could get 8 that a normal expansion would give. The fifth could be a bunch of city-states, maps, scenarios etc. like the Vikings DLC was. Speaking of that does anyone else think that they could have just given us Norway in that DLC, or is it just me?
    Or we could just get 10 brand new civs all together with both the classic one and new favorites. :D

And not meaning to derail the thread but I wanted to share that I saw yesterday that Teddy, Vicky, and Wilfred are the final names for this years Atlantic hurricane season. :eek:
    Unfortunately there are no clues for other possible leaders in that same list that I can think of, unless they go with King Arthur for England. :rolleyes:
    I know it doesn't probably mean anything but it's a coincidence that I don't think has been shared yet.

Jkchart, 679x, Xandinho and 6 others like this.
  12. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Maybe that was the original intention.

13. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I think there were rumours that Poland was going to be in the base game rather then DLC. But I don't know if that was confirmed or just speculation on the opening Cinematic. However they might of swapped Poland and Norway around.

I think the only confirmed Civ that was released in a different way to orignally intended was Indonesia which I was meant to be in EXP1 rather then an earlier DLC as someone found out in the game code a long while ago.

acluewithout likes this.
  14. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Yes - we know Poland was planned pretty early because Jadwiga appeared on the infamous leaked leader poster. IIRC it also had Norway, along with Isabella of Portugal/Spain who we still haven't seen.

Hawke9 likes this.
  15. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

It is very likely, if they go DLC only, that they will still release some "new" Civ's that we haven't seen before. Nubia, from the first set of DLC is a prime example.

Inawordyes and TahamiTsunami like this.
  16. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I think you forgot Australia was also a brand new civ that came 2 DLCs before Nubia!

Or have you managed to block Waltzing Matilda out of your mind? lol

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  17. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

Actually I was thinking about Australia first, and trying to figure out how to use it in my thesis. I realize it was also "new" but since it had stronger name recognition for the common man, it was less useful as an example to bolster my point. So I decided to just skip it. ;)

*wanders off subconsciously humming Waltzing Matilda*

18. Xandinho

Xandinho Emperor

Macedon either, although Alexander is not a new leader.

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  19. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

I did consider bring them up; but as much as "Macedon" is a new Civ for the series; it just just "Alexander the Great Civ" which, as you said, is not a new leader.

Which isn't a bad thing! I like it as it finally splits Alexander from the other history of Greece.

20. Cyon

Cyon Cosmonaut

So anyone here thinks we will hear something tomorrow at 16:00 CET? The wait is killing a small inpatient part of me.

Hawke9 and RohirrimElf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.