[GS] Gathering Storm General Discussion Thread

I'd say it's a possibility. The Inca with generic apu would be another possibility. The thing is pretty much all civilizations had governors, and most leaders had special relationships with certain administrators. Elizabeth I had Sir Francis Walsingham, her "spymaster"; Louis XIV had Cardinal Mazarin; Djoser had Imhotep; etc. But if I were giving one civ a unique governor or a governor-related bonus, I would have chosen Persia and her satrapies...

So what are the odds Sulieman gets Roxalena as the unique governor?

I'd rate them as high. I'm personally of the belief that the first leak was not a complete hoax job, but rather a mix of work for the current expansion and (I know there's no strong reason to expect it - I don't personally even want it) a third expansion.

I stand ready, though, to change my belief in the face of evolving facts. :)

But if I were giving one civ a unique governor or a governor-related bonus, I would have chosen Persia and her satrapies...
I agree. However I've already mentioned that the Ottomans are a good candidate for a Grand Vizier.

How would a unique governor even work? Just an extra slot with all those abilities?

That’s give whomever a wealth of abilities.

I'm not interested in Kristina as waifu, I just think she seems like a cool, interesting historical figure (not even necessarily to lead a civ, but I don't mind it).

Civ VI already has enough waifu's, it doesn't need more. (though it would be appreciated :D.)

Last edited:
Foreign Investor*

:)
Right, thanks. :D

Civ VI already has enough waifu's, it doesn't need more. (though it would be appreciated.)
No such thing as "too many waifus."

He's useful just as a governor to stick in a city if you're using a policy/GP building that boosts cities based on governors or if you're Korea. :p
That's mainly what I use Victor for; entering a newly taken city to boost its Loyalty. I don't think he's ever happened to be in a city that was attacked by the enemy in any of my games.

Last edited:
How would a unique governor even work? Just an extra slot with all those abilities?

That’s give whomever a wealth of abilities.
Yeah, I have to think that a unique governor just replaces an existing one. An extra slot would be really powerful (and would force them to rework the governors UI, which it appears they haven't done).

The US could also have a unique Florida governor. He would be corrupt and worse than the generic one, though.

The US could also have a unique Florida governor. He would be corrupt and worse than the generic one, though.
I think you meant the People's Republic of California...

In that case I nominate Kronk for the Inca.

The unique governor will undoubtedly follow the approach taken with the generic governors in art style.

Where I would expect it to differ is:

(a) to use a historical name for the governor (there's only one, so no need to use a title, and s/he is unique to that civ so no need to be generic),

(b) to have a smaller tree of benefits, possibly with no choices at each level, as the use of the unique governor is itself optional.

It's possible this is a trial run as an experiment to assess the feasibility of giving every civ a unique governor in Civ 7.

Top Bottom