Gauntlet Suggestions

I believe Darius or Incans are necessary to have a chance, do you really think Liz can be competetive too, with only HA-rush or Elepult?

I wouldn't want to play Incans, that's why I proposed Darius. Incans definately would make it easier to get a good game because they don't need Horses and because the Checker is better than the Immortal, but you always argued, that other Civs could be as good as Incans, so lets try this with having the best players all play with the 2nd best leader for Space Races ;)

I believe Darius or Incans are necessary to have a chance, do you really think Liz can be competetive too, with only HA-rush or Elepult?

I wouldn't want to play Incans, that's why I proposed Darius. Incans definately would make it easier to get a good game because they don't need Horses and because the Checker is better than the Immortal, but you always argued, that other Civs could be as good as Incans, so lets try this with having the best players all play with the 2nd best leader for Space Races ;)

As much as I'd prefer Inca, I would still play the gauntlet and try Liz. Mostly cuz people think you need an early UU like Darius or Inca. I'd use an Axe or Chariot rush.
And I want PHI trait for a change.
And I don't want to re-roll looking for horses.

As much as I'd prefer Inca, I would still play the gauntlet and try Liz. Mostly cuz people think you need an early UU like Darius or Inca. I'd use an Axe or Chariot rush.
And I want PHI trait for a change.
And I don't want to re-roll looking for horses.
Lizzy would be ok from my side, but I'm not sure, if we'd have any chance at beating the 770AD finish.

Here is what I've got queued up:

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Colony (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Deity
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Large
  • Speed: Marathon
  • Map Type: Any
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 3.19.003 or 3.19.003s
  • Date: 25th April to 10th June 2015
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Civ any could make things interesting, because I would definitely play Darius then, while WT would choose Lizzy.

Not sure about map any, I don't know, I believe Terra is definitely better than B&S or Continents. Maybe map Terra would leave less bad choices for the conteatants.

It would be funny if Incans also were allowed ^^ . Then it would be like one could choose to play without a handycap or with ^^ .

Still no submitted games to the g-minor I suggested last, so I should probably just shut my face :blush:

The above is indeed a MAJOR gauntlet. Naturally, I expect many Toku Boreal games :D

The above is indeed a MAJOR gauntlet. Naturally, I expect many Toku Boreal games :D

? What does Toku and Boreal have to do with this Gauntlet?

I think I'll give that space setup a go, assuming it goes ahead. :)

On the leader choice: I remember WT pulled some Normal-speed heroics on a culture gauntlet a year or so ago, without an anti-archer UU. However, I still feel like it's easier to learn how to do the rush cheaply with Inca or Persia (and Inca is of course more reliable in terms of not needing horses).

OK. Finalized. Thanks Pangaea.

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Space Colony (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Map Type: Boreal
  • Civ: Japan (Tokugawa)
Must not play as Inca.

I fixed that for you ;)

Settings:
  • Map Type: Boreal
  • Civ: Japan (Tokugawa)
Must not play as Inca.
Must never open borders.

@ Seraiel.

Did free up space in your PM box yet?
Yes. Recognized that yesterday and acted immediately. Blame Pangaea for spamming :D

I hope the Tokugawa and Boreal thing is a joke btw.. Why would anyone play the Gauntlet if there is 0 chance to get a #1 or even only a decent EQM score?

I hope the Tokugawa and Boreal thing is a joke btw.. Why would anyone play the Gauntlet if there is 0 chance to get a #1 or even only a decent EQM score?

I agree. I was worried it might be a waste of time playing Liz. But Toku/Boreal? Not interested. Sounds like a challenge series game, not a gauntlet.

Back in the day, :old: gauntlets almost always allowed civ: any (including Inca way back).

Well, WastinTime not playing could actually lead me to playing, because I still need a 100 points Major Gauntlet.

I'm quite sure though, that leaving the choice of the leader to the player while allowing the stronger maps would have more competition. Plz don't pay attention to pangaea, his brain is still having a party because of his recent Deity win, he is still out of control and doesn't know what he is demanding for ^^ .

I btw. still didn't get any Msg from you shulec :) .

OK. Finalized. Thanks Pangaea.

[*]Map Type: Boreal
[*]Civ: Japan (Tokugawa)

Yes, thx Pangaea :mad: .

Haha :lol: OMG. I'm going to get ostracised from CFC now, like an old lion that can no longer hack it and wanders off onto the steppes with no friends.

I wrote that as a joke btw, but if the Gauntlet really becomes this, I guess not too many would want to play it. Looks like settings like this will require an awful lot of hours.

Haha :lol: OMG. I'm going to get ostracised from CFC now, like an old lion that can no longer hack it and wanders off onto the steppes with no friends.

I wrote that as a joke btw, but if the Gauntlet really becomes this, I guess not too many would want to play it. Looks like settings like this will require an awful lot of hours.

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy a Toku Boreal once in a while, it's just that the target date is 770 AD. So some other game, not a problem, but it would have sucked the life out of this one.

Top Bottom