Isn't that what the "Freedom Convoy" was supposed to do - give Canada its very own "January 6" coup, get rid of Justin and the Liberals (who really aren't as left wing as some think) and replace it with whichever of Stephen Harper's lapdogs might be around?

Oh, right. A couple of them are currently vying to become the new Reformacon leader.

That was merely testing the waters. The bigger event may very well be on the horizon.

That was merely testing the waters. The bigger event may very well be on the horizon.
LOL. Some of them wrote to the Governor-General, asking her to kick him out of office and call an election. She had to issue a statement that this isn't how things work.

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) has as of now ca 35 EUV machines and globally there are ca 70 EUV machines.
Where are those 70 machines? And we cannot forget the need for trained folks to service them.

EUV lithography systems – Products | ASML

upload_2022-3-21_4-33-38.png

It's the wavelength that etches the microchips.

Any enemy of the West that tries to do so without at least a real market economy is ultimately doomed. Political liberalism is good, both in itself and with keeping a real market economy, but not a prerequisite.

There’s this illusion that these kind of regimes are better at long-term strategic thinking. They’re not—they’re just as motivated by short-term interests; what’s worse is that in the totalitarian system, there’s no alternative.

What we need, if anything, is preparation for when the whole thing finally implodes.

Where are those 70 machines? And we cannot forget the need for trained folks to service them.
It does not seem terribly easy to answer this accurately, but this article basically says "on the ring of fire":

Semiconductor Capacity by Risk [for earthquake activity], 5-Year Comparison

Taiwan is a key manufacturing center for the semiconductor industry, with two large foundries and most of their manufacturing capacity located on the island. Taiwan represents 20% of the semiconductor industry’s total wafer capacity.
Japan is the next largest high-risk center of semiconductor manufacturing, at 14% of the total industry in 2019. Capacity in Japan has grown 17% CAGR since 2014. Intel has done a better job of spreading its fabs around the world, although its main R&D centers are on the west coast of the United States.​

That 35 EUV machines in Taiwan and 70 EUV machines global is from an article of May last year in the Dutch FD (very reliable source) referring to the status of the year before (2020 !).
My bad that I remembered that as "currently". It wasa an article on greening the energy consumption of making wafers (approx 10 kWh per wafer)
https://fd.nl/ondernemen/1382896/nieuwste-chipmachines-asml-blijken-energieslurpers-nuc2caHofg4h

Digging in to trace where the others are:
From an article of the Korea Economic Daily of March 2021: https://www.kedglobal.com/foundry-competition/newsView/ked202103150012
ASML has increased the production of EUV scanners and produced 75 machines since 2018 when demand from clients for the 5-nanometer process chipsets was increasing. TSMC is said to have bought some 60% of the machines produced.
This would mean Taiwan has in 2021 45 of the in total 75 EUV machines.
According to industry officials, Samsung currently has 25 EUV scanners, about half the quantity owned by its bigger rival TSMC.
So we have now for 2021 45 in Taiwan and 25 in Korea.
That article also stating that max production capacity of ASML is 40 EUV machines per year
(note from me: ASML is in the process to increase capacity with 50% more on the shortest term possible, hindered by practical issues of some of the critical suppliers (in total 5,000 suppliers globally) => special teams of ASML doing interim management there and all that)

=> 5 EUV machines still missing for 2021 status.
Where ? IDK
AFAIK it is not Intel because they skipped the EUV generation and go straight to the high-NA 3 nm generation
(Intel strategic partrner by now with ASML and just announced a giga chip factory for Germany (Magdeburg) and the US).
And AFAIK also not the Korean chip manufacturer SK Hynix.
https://wccftech.com/sk-hynix-chief-replies-to-reports-of-sending-euv-chip-machines-to-china/
Korean memory manufacturer SK Hynix's chief executive officer (CEO) Mr. Lee Seok-hee outlined that his company will "wisely" navigate the ongoing tensions between the United States and China when it comes to installing cutting edge chip manufacturing equipment in its Chinese facilities. SK Hynix, which is one of the world's largest memory module manufacturers, is currently upgrading its plants with machines that are capable of using extreme ultraviolet light to print semiconductors. These machines are regulated by the U.S. government who has prevented their manufacturer from shipping them to China due to fears that they might e used to build products for the Chinese military.
EDIT: perhaps not clear to outsiders, but SK Hynix has 50% of its memory chip production in Wuxi, China, and wanted to increase capacity there with EUV.

On that servicing... what do you mean ?

Last edited:
On that servicing... what do you mean ?
Having machines is one thing but the machines need a tech force to keep them running. I wonder if the service aspect is also growing a workforce to support the machines. If Intel bought such a machine and installed it in the Fab in Albuquerque, would there be sufficient people to keep it running?

Having machines is one thing but the machines need a tech force to keep them running. I wonder if the service aspect is also growing a workforce to support the machines. If Intel bought such a machine and installed it in the Fab in Albuquerque, would there be sufficient people to keep it running?
The article I link above says better than most places:

Intel has fabs in Arizona and New Mexico, which are not prone to natural disasters of any kind​
That graph is trippy as the the scale is one wave whose waveform is changing length. What would such a wave be?
It is just a way of representing the EM spectrum, it is not saying a single wave has that form.

I know. The question is what would be that.

I know. The question is what would be that.
Ah. I guess it would have to be a changing medium, so a sound wave travelling into a steadily increasing density of air could have something like that?

Ah. I guess it would have to be a changing medium, so a sound wave travelling into a steadily increasing density of air could have something like that?
Yeah I guess we're pretty much down to lab conditions. I've heard the effect in music, it's literally whatever waveform dropping in pitch ;) I wonder if there is some light bending around a black hole or something that would also do it.

The article I link above says better than most places:

Intel has fabs in Arizona and New Mexico, which are not prone to natural disasters of any kind​
There are other dangers though.
IIRC, an Asian (Thai?) factory that made most of the thermo glue needed for making PCs burned down and
set world production back by at least several months.

seems weirdly relevant , doesn't it ? Real Hynkel has trouble and is covered by Chaplin's character who was -ı think- also Jewish ?

ml5 and 6 know exactly where ı live and whatnot . Down to the actual Double 0 thing . So , like , you don't need to prove am a xenophobic rabid Western hater .

this forum is pathetic . In the good old days there would be at least one "crazy" comment . Have been led to believe the one on the left is Liz Truß .

10ey22.jpg

so , here is what goes . Apparently the top British intelligence person in Ankara was very angsty yesterday if that's a word or the word or whatever . So , as a corollary everybody thinks am an idiot and whatever that fancies you . Paying respects would have happened without mentioning / without response but like Athens is under pressure from their own nationals that Charles is cool with Arabs that count and could pressure a war Athens can win . They have to get their pipeline greenlighted now , not next summer where the entire Europe reeks of coal smoke .

the reason the PM blackmails that he will not attend the funeral is the 11th President of the Republic . Already in the UK , already looking for an invitation to the front rows . George Clooney's Turkish branch as in handsome and stuff at a time PM's publicists were spreading that the PM would have been the Beckenbauer of his times as a football player (had he had preferred sports over politics) the 11th President is soft spoken , without the PM's instant desire to be in the very top in protocol and whatnot . Always held to be preferable to the PM by Western heads of State . If America decides to prolong the entire Green Belt/Political Islam thing without the PM , the 11th President becomes the immediate replacement . As proven by the PM having him secured immediately on the Disgrace of July 15th .

yeah , no offense . At a time when America debates whether it should accept the deaths of upto 50 Greek pilots and aircrew to give the A-K-P a sure way to win the next elections . Like they are not getting out of SAABs in one piece , right ?

so , even weirder to see all these guys in suits around the 'hood , but they are probably for house visits , them probably almost racists or whatever as their leader has a big rally tomorrow in the big city nearby .

and the British intelligence person no doubt already reports that the Stuntwoman no doubt told me who Jane Bond will be . No , not her ... No , her does not refer to the Stuntwoman anyhow .

Top Bottom