Glory to Greece: All Trade Leads to Athens

Thanks for the feedback. I have tried to incorporate people's requests into the storylines. To tell you the truth, the requests/suggestions/feedback have helped to give me story ideas, which in turn make the updating process a whole lot easier, as I have something to work with. So, feel free to make minor requests (i.e. reasonable within the context of the existing story), particularly related to your own characters, to help with driving the story forwards.

Also, I'm not sure how closely you've been looking at the screenshots, but for those who missed it, go back and read the event-based text in the second screenshot of the latest update. It seems to me that this Mod provides a bit more info than I am used to seeing. ;)

A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!!!
I did notice the eventbar. nice touch ;) and the WTF moment was priceless :D

I do think I can be :smug: because of "my" good idea :p

Can I be the palace guard who randomly interrupts the advisors with witty replies?

you should change you sig ;) otherwise you might get in trouble with a moderator :p

So, Dhoom, when can we get an update on this? (Instead of discussing strategy in my story. :p)

Consider that as a teaser for the next update. Note to everyone, please do not treat it as an invitation to s p a m my thread.

Suffice it to say that the story is being worked on but that as more and more characters get involved, the longer it will take to complete each update.

I'm glad to see that Lenin is catching on. :D

Appealing for Help
Tomorrow's Dawn (Foreign Advisor): General Hawk, if I might have a word with you...

General Hawk (Leader of the G.I. Joes): Ah, the ever eloquent Tomorrow's Dawn has come to pay me a visit! How delightful!

Scarlett (one of the G.I. Joes): (A bit jealous that the praise is not directed her way) This aught to be good. Well, what do you want?

General Hawk (Leader of the G.I. Joes): Scarlett, mind your manners! (Pouring on the charm) Now, Tomorrow's Dawn, how can we help you?

Tomorrow's Dawn (Foreign Advisor): General, there has been a great catastrophe in the Greek empire! As you know, we offer your forces a place to train. One of them went on a mission and got trapped in a cave in! We don't have the resources to free him, so we really need your help!

General Hawk (Leader of the G.I. Joes): I did not authorize any such mission.

Tomorrow's Dawn (Foreign Advisor): The mission was authorized by none other than the great Governor of Corinth, Yoshi.

General Hawk (Leader of the G.I. Joes): Never heard of him. Anyway, Duke hoplitejoe got himself into this mess, so Duke hoplitejoe is going to have to get himself out of it.

Ripcord (the Worker): Come on, you've got to help Duke hoplitejoe!

Tomorrow's Dawn (Foreign Advisor): (In sotto voice to Ripcord) Hey! Where did you come from?

Ripcord (the Worker): (Also in sotto voice) As soon as I heard that Duke hoplitejoe was in trouble, I came on the double. I tailed you here. I even brought along some Dubble Bubble--do you want some?

Tomorrow's Dawn (Foreign Advisor): (Still in sotto voice) Yes, please, I love that stuff! I still haven't figured out how to blow it out of my ears yet, though...

Scarlett (one of the G.I. Joes): Wait, Duke hoplitejoe's in trouble? General, Ripcord is right--we have to help him!

General Hawk (Leader of the G.I. Joes): I have made my decision and I am sticking to it. Cobra has been causing us no end of grief of late and I have no agents or equipment to spare to go after a rogue agent.

Meanwhile, Somewhere in Corinth
Narrator: Yoshi is sitting on a stiff-backed chair outside of Red_Spy's office, sweating buckets in anticipation of the upcoming "interview." Red_Spy's listeners flank him on either side, seeming to both stand at attention and stand at ease at the exact same time, blending so well into their surroundings that Yoshi almost forgets that they are there.

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Mumbling to himself) He's going to kill me... today is my last day to live... Yoshi's time is at an end...

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): ENTER!

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Nervously, on jittery legs, Yoshi gets up and slinks into Red_Spy's office and all but falls into the nearest chair.)

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): Who said that you could sit down?

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Quickly springs to a standing posture, at attention.)

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): That's better. Now, just what were you thinking, sending hoplitejoe and his crew into the darkest mine? You know that it has been deemed off limits until proper repairs can be made. Why, look here! (He shoves a piece of dung-beetle papyrus at Yoshi.)

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Gulps.)

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): Yeah, that's right. It's the order that you signed, condemning the mine and all further mining operations until repairs can be made to the mine's structural integrity. What have you to say for yourself?

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Feeling a sense of impending doom setting in, he grasps at any straw that he can.) It's ummm, it's not my fault!

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): Oh really, how do you figure?

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): Well, there was this girl... yeah, a little Corinthian Girl... and, ummm, she had a kitty cat... and ah... here's a picture of it, actually.

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): What are you talking about? Start making some sense here or I will have no choice but to lock you up.

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): Yes, yes, well, you see, this little girl was crying, and then she showed me this picture, and I couldn't help but feel compelled to help. Oh, I can't stand it! Alright, it's all my fault! (Breaks down into tears himself.)

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): It is nice to see that you really do care about your people. Very well, we will investigate this story of yours. Come along.

Widespread Panic in the Throne Room
Mitchum (Leader of the Decepticons): It is time to bring an end to this pathetic Civilization of yours! We come in force and we mean business! Prepare to die!

mayor (Governor of Sparta): We can't stand up to the might of these Decepticons! We are all doomed! It is time to pack up and head for the hills!

ilduce349 (Domestic Advisor): Let's not be so hasty. If we put our heads together, surely, we will think of something.

FunkyBike1 (Science Advisor): It is too bad that we aren't playing Next War or I could have summoned some mechs of our own... well, at least eventually...

Olaf (Financial Advisor): Maybe we can bribe them with sacks of Gold!

strijder20 (Palace Guard): I am sure that that idea would work on you...

Mosher (future Governor of Argos--maybe): Gang, calm down! The solution is right in front of our faces! All that we have to do is ask. Optimus, is there any way that you can offer us to help in beating these deadly Decepticons?

Optimus Prime: There is a way, but it is not easy to master. It was perfected by the Roman Aqueduct builders. The technique was used primarily to clean up a turtle infestation, but was also used in making mushroom salads...

mayor (Governor of Sparta): You're not making a bit of sense. We're doomed, all doomed!

FunkyBike1 (Science Advisor): Even I admit that I don't quite follow his logic.

strijder20 (Palace Guard): Where's Spock when you need him?

mbkkbm (War Advisor): Actually, I think that I understand what he is getting at. ilduce349, do you still have those old plumbers' uniforms?

ilduce349 (Domestic Advisor): Yes, but they were scheduled to be incineratered at the next bonfire feast.

mbkkbm (War Advisor): Just get them for me, would you, please?

Back in Corinth
Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): So, Yoshi, you say that you ran into the Corinthian Girl somewhere around here?

Civ'ed (Peasant Beggar): Ulms! Ulms! Ulms for the poor!

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): Don't you mean alms for the poor?

Civ'ed (Peasant Beggar): No, not at all! I am collecting ulms. I have quite a collection going already. Take a look, if you dare...

Spoiler Not for the faint of heart :

Yoshi (Governor of Corinth): (Faints.)

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): Say, the last time that Yoshi was in this area, did you happen to see him speaking with a little girl, one that was crying?

Civ'ed (Peasant Beggar): Oh yes! Here, let me draw you a picture of her. One sec. (Puts on his Svip hat and draws a picture of the girl.) Here you go!

Red_Spy (Pro-Communism Spy): Great! That picture will help us to... wait a second... I know this face! That is no little girl! That is the Baroness! She is one of Cobra's top agents! I must get word of this information to one of Tomorrow's Dawn's envoys at once! Look after Yoshi for me until I return, would you?

Civ'ed (Peasant Beggar): Certainly. (Goes back to playing with his ulms.)

Prepping the Plumbers
ilduce349 (Domestic Advisor): I still don't see what good they will do, but here are the uniforms that you requested.

mbkkbm (War Advisor): Great! SouthernKing, please get dressed in one of these, ummm, "brand new" uniforms and then distribute the rest of them to the troops.

SouthernKing 3UP (Gets dressed.) Wow, I feel like I can take on a whole army already!

vranasm (Religious Advisor): I hereby dub thee, Super SouthernKing!

Spoiler :

Mosher (future Governor of Argos--maybe): (Pulls a Lenin.)

vranasm (Religious Advisor): I suppose that he does look a little Old School.

FunkyBike1 (Science Advisor): Let's see if I can apply the proper patch...

Super SouthernKing 3UP: Yeahhhh! Let's do it!

Spoiler :

mbkkbm (War Advisor): Alright, it is time to make our stand. Let us put Super SouthernKing's abilities to the test.

Narrator: Here are some initial battle results. We have played on further, but the rest of the Civ 4 screenshots will have to wait until some of the other plot lines have advanced. Note that it wasn't until later screenshots that we remembered to add the "Super" moniker to SSK.

Super SouthernKing 5UP: Success is mine!

strijder20 (Palace Guard): Well, for now, anyway... just wait until you see Mitchum's Decepticon Spearmen!

Super SouthernKing 5UP: What the...?

mbkkbm (War Advisor): Pericles, in case you were interested, here are some battle stats to date:
Super SouthernKing 5UP
Kills = 2
Deaths = 0
Promotions Earned = 2

mbkkbm's other units
Kills = 1
Deaths = 0

Mitchum's Decepticons
Kills = 0
Deaths = 3

Narrator: Will Super SouthernKing's lucky streak continue to hold?

Is Tomorrow's Dawn going to give up on hoplitejoe that easily?

Should Yoshi awaken, what fate will be in store for him?

What is the deal with Civ'ed's ulms?

Stay tuned until next time for answers to some of these vexing questions!

I predict that my next action will be that I grab Civ'ed and heroically jump into the mines to saaaaave Hoplitejoe! Although your probably going to make the mine collapse or something :p

And who else is around...oh...Red Spy. Yeah, he can come too.

:lol: :agree: That was awesome. :thumbsup:

This is a very good story, you are a genius.

Honestly I am not sure what I just read but I enjoyed it nonetheless :D

:agree: :D

I rather liked the first picture. :p

Top Bottom