Greatest 90s rock band

Yay 90s!

There is many, many bands which fall under the rock/metal catergory who came about in the 90's who I love.

My favourite of them all would have to be Tool. With Nine Inch Nails a very close second.

The 90's were hands down the best decade for music.

IMO, the 90's were hands down the worst decade for music.

I fail to see what is so good about Nirvana. You could easily fool me into thinking that all their work was just two songs repeated over and over again with different titles.

How anyone can prefer Nirvana to the Pixies is beyond me.

Not much love for Pearl Jam around here? I think they are at least the best grunge band.

Sublime and RHCP get played WAY too much on radio. I'll admit they are great, but I get sick of hearing the same playlist over and over again with half the songs RHCP, Sublime and Offspring.

Speaking of which, OFFSPRING
Put me down for Nirvana though

Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I love Nirvana, but their body of work is much smaller. Its too bad their run was cut short :(

Nirvana and Chili Peppers are definitely up there, the Peppers releasing their best that decade.
But you are all wrong. The true answer is the almighty band:
Neutral Milk Hotel

I like the Chili Peppers better than Nirvana as well. Sublime also did some good work in the 90s.

My personal favorite is Blues Traveler though, and the Dave Mathews Band did some of their best work in the 1990s.

Great decade for Jam Bands.

side-note:
Squarg? how long have you had that user-title?

Since Ive had a user-title which has been for a while now. Why?

Neutral Milk Hotel

I have to say that that album has got to be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard and I listen to Interpol.

The Grateful Dead had some great shows in the 90s! Jerry also did some really good stuff as the JGB during that time. So my vote goes with one of those two.

I went to my first Dead show in 1991 when I was 4 months old. Other than that, I don't listen to very much music beyond perhaps 1980.

good 90s music:
Grateful Dead
Jerry Garcia Band

@squarg

Your signature has one of the best albums of the decade featured. I chose to think Rivers died in a plane crash 2 years later and nothing else ever happened.

I fail to see what is so good about Nirvana. You could easily fool me into thinking that all their work was just two songs repeated over and over again with different titles.

Pretty much my sentiments. Is there a single Nirvana song that doesn't have the word "gun" in it?

The only band from that scene that I ever thought was any decent was Mudhoney.

@squarg

Your signature has one of the best albums of the decade featured. I chose to think Rivers died in a plane crash 2 years later and nothing else ever happened.

How did I forget Weezer? There is so much good music from the 90's :crazyeye:

I have to say that that album has got to be one of the weirdest things I've ever heard and I listen to Interpol.

You mean In the Aeroplane Over the Sea or On Avery Island? Either is weird as hell, but both are amazing. Plenty of other material out there by them- or him, Jeff Magnum being the primary force behind the whole thing. Very strange lyrics and music, but it works and even though it all seems nonsensical it makes sense. Sort of. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom