H G Well's The War of the Worlds

Bloody hell, the files are all there. Why the computer is saying it can't find them I don't know. I'm unloading the zipifile again and see if that helps.

Three ravens, what version of C3C do you have? This was made when C3C first came out and has not been updated for the patches. That may be the problem, but I can't say for sure.

Anybody with the latest patches for C3C, are you having problems running the mod?

Cheers, Thorgrimm

German beginning save added to the Downloads thread.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

hmm, I have 1.00. No patches that I know of. Its still saying it can't find it. Its right there in the text. I even went in, deleted it, and copy pasted it back, no effect. I'm starting to feel a bit like the Artilleryman.

Dude, i wish I could help, but I am stumped to.:confused:

I do have one last idea, try and make another entry right below the one already there. I know this sounds silly but it was something I had to do to fix a similar error in the Fallout mod. It kept saying it could not find an entry, even when I was looking right at it.

I then made a duplicate entry right below it and the error went away. I still do not know what caused it. I hope this helps.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

ok, it has been a while, is anybody going to give feedback on the mod?

@Three Ravens, did you ever get the mod running?

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Unfortunately no. Tried the last idea you had, didn't work. I'm not sure if its my computer just being bollocks or something wrong with the game itself. I'm contemplating an uninstall/reinstall to see what that does. Honestly I've never had much luck with running mods or installing new units.
Thanks for the help though.

Just a couple of typos in names: Potrugese, Stockhlom, etc...

Thor: feedback as requested :)
I'm deep in the game now, turn 72, 9% area 18% pop, but have already 300k points so the game will finish well before I'll reach 66%.
I made one minor change in the biq file, the martian transports can cross oceans (I just hated the ideea that US is untouchable :mischief: ) Hope that HG an you will forgive me ;) .
But probably beccause of that the game is now too easy: US is bleeding deeply, germany is no more, the russians are dying too and England is still too far (except few colonies). No more strong enemies to fight with...:rolleyes:
And about the game: At some point I got 2 cities from the americans (begging for peace). One of them was populated with humans and one with martians....Any ideea why ?
The Martian Palace says it allows you to build armies...well I can't build any army in there :)
Also, it would be a good ideea to clarify in civilopedia that Council Relay si some sort of aquaduct, and the stuff you left out for the other martian buildings (don't remember exactly right now). Thanks in advance !!:goodjob:

About the english and other saves, do the martians actually land in Europe ? I noticed that usually the AI lands only with a few units that are easy to defeat.

Cheers.

Thor: feedback as requested :)
I'm deep in the game now, turn 72, 9% area 18% pop, but have already 300k points so the game will finish well before I'll reach 66%.
I made one minor change in the biq file, the martian transports can cross oceans (I just hated the ideea that US is untouchable :mischief: ) Hope that HG an you will forgive me ;) .
But probably beccause of that the game is now too easy: US is bleeding deeply, germany is no more, the russians are dying too and England is still too far (except few colonies). No more strong enemies to fight with...:rolleyes:
And about the game: At some point I got 2 cities from the americans (begging for peace). One of them was populated with humans and one with martians....Any ideea why ?
The Martian Palace says it allows you to build armies...well I can't build any army in there :)
Also, it would be a good ideea to clarify in civilopedia that Council Relay si some sort of aquaduct, and the stuff you left out for the other martian buildings (don't remember exactly right now). Thanks in advance !!:goodjob:

About the english and other saves, do the martians actually land in Europe ? I noticed that usually the AI lands only with a few units that are easy to defeat.

Cheers.

aotearoa, thanks for the feedback:)

1. Only victory on this mod is total conquest, so the game won't end till you wipe out the humans. :D

2. That is why I made the Martian transports not able to use oceans, to give the humans one area to build up in and make you work for the conquest. And by the way, North America is not beyond attack, you just have to plan. ;) Look at the placement of Iceland and Greenland, then look at the range of your cylinders. See anything?;)

3. Never seen any cities populated by Martians owned by the Yanks myself, what was the name of the city? So I can check the BIQ for possible problems. Also as an aside, if you take those cities, they will never assimilate, so be a true Martian and just 'kill all humans'. :D

4. Yeah I really need to redo the civilopedia, lots of things changed or need updating. Since you can't build armies as the Martians.

5. The AI as the Martians is REALLY stupid, do not expect a good game with the AI as the Martians. That is why I geared everything, gfx and such towards the player being the Martian.

@Flamand, thanks will touch up the spelling. If you notice any others, do not hesitate to shout them out. :D

American beginning save up on the download thread.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

3. Never seen any cities populated by Martians owned by the Yanks myself, what was the name of the city? So I can check the BIQ for possible problems. Also as an aside, if you take those cities, they will never assimilate, so be a true Martian and just 'kill all humans'. :D

The american city I am talking about is Yakutat.

Two more buggies: Diemos --> Deimos

In SDKFZ-251 Halftrack.ini the ".flc" was forgotten in the fidget animation.

@aotearoa, thanks bud, will correct ASAP.

@Flamand, thanks bud, will correct ASAP.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Russian beginning save now up on the downloads thread.

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Would you like me to come up with some civilopedia entries. I enjoy doing that sort of stuff...

Would you like me to come up with some civilopedia entries. I enjoy doing that sort of stuff...

Lord Malbeth, sure I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. Also if you could fix the civilopedia mistakes that would be a great help to.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Lord Malbeth, sure I would be interested in seeing what you come up with. Also if you could fix the civilopedia mistakes that would be a great help to.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I'll see what I can do... ;)

Another buggie: B-29.ini should be B 29.ini. The entries in this ini should also be changed since the standard bomber animations are still there.

Another buggie: B-29.ini should be B 29.ini. The entries in this ini should also be changed since the standard bomber animations are still there.

Flamand, thanks my friend. Will change ASAP.:)

Cheers, Thorgrimm

I'm getting exactly the same problem as Three Ravens. I'm running the latest patch. Shame - this looks really good!

I'm getting exactly the same problem as Three Ravens. I'm running the latest patch. Shame - this looks really good!

I wish I knew what the problem was, but since it does not affect everybody and the entry is there, I have no idea what could be causing it. :confused:

If ANYBODY has an idea how to squash this bug, by all mean shout it out.

Once question, is it as the Martians you are getting the error, or as a human civ?

Cheers, Thorgrimm

Top Bottom