Has the internet made us smarter?

Do you even get this meme?

Dunno, can't see it (have images turned off), but whether or not I "get" anything doesn't have much to do with whether or not I think it has value anyway.

That's a decent meme. Not a peak meme by any means but far above average. However, the greatest of memes are not cerebral in nature, much like the greatest art is sublime: beyond description.

these memes are of pure heart, without any kind of comedic intention or gimmick or intention, just glimpses into the warped minds of our contemporaries.

Moderator Action: Do not post censorable language, whether in images or text. ~ Arakhor
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited by a moderator:
Insights into people whose claim to fame for unimportant things aren't as much of interest to me.
So I consider this a negative impact of the internet.

Respect for the quixotic struggle against the truth that modern colloquially can stand in to mean current, thus the misidentification of the specific art period has sunk in for the foreseeable future. All the more funny if one takes the moment to seriously contemplate the refinement of proper class when absorbing the merits of prettily smearing around uterine walls on canvas. :lol::mischief:;)

I ran across this quote and it pretty much sums up the futility of discussing things on the internet.

“do not ever attempt to convince another about anything by the use of facts or logic. A stupid man will not be swayed by facts. An intelligent man already knows those facts, and if he does not agree with you, he either has more accurate information than you do or his personal beliefs prevent him from accepting what you know to be true.”
? L.E. Modesitt Jr., Outcasts of Order

But I guess it's always entertaining for me to classify the group that I put a particular person in.

I think places like YouTube where you can specialize in your interests & listen to experts have made me smarter (far smarter than watching the equivalent 5,000 hours of TV) but the rest of the internet (browsing around forums, blabbing my opinion on random topics, listening to others do the same, etc.) has not so much.

Looks like we found the art snob in the group.

usually people call me the art nazi, but I will gladly accept this title you bestowed upon me

Top Bottom