Have you ever cheated on a guy or girl?

Have you ever cheated on a girlfriend or boyfriend?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 82 82.0%

• Total voters
@OP: Never had a girlfriend, but seeing some friends get cheated on, and the resulting emotional stuff, I can say I would never cheat and cause that sort of emotions to people I"m seeing, and should care about.

Cheating is awesome

I've decided to be completely honest though; I tell the girls I date up front that they're not the only girl I'm seeing

A good question would be "is this cheating?" I would say it isn't, you and the girls have agreed it's just a casual relationship. Not something I would do, but it isn't cheating.

Yes, if there is no expectation of fidelity then no matter how distasteful I may find it, it doesn't qualify as cheating.

(Of course, in our society, an expectation of fidelity is the default position, and any variance needs to be agreed to first.)

I've never cheated but I'm an idiot. I should have. Life is short, if you get an opportunity, grab it.

I've never cheated but I'm an idiot. I should have. Life is short, if you get an opportunity, grab it.
If I ever see you when I'm wearing heavy boots and you're not wearing a cup, I shall remember your sage advice. ;)

One day youre going to find a girl that you genuinely care about on a personal level. Shes going to be everything you've wanted physically but more importantly, emotionally. She's going to illuminate your life in every way possible and make you appreciate every breath you've ever taken because it has brought you to that one, incredible girl.

Then shes going to go to college, get really drunk and suck some guy off in the bathroom of a Chick-fil-A and you'll understand why all those dudes on the internet called you a jerk.

Wait, in this situation the guy is the one at fault? :dubious:

Here's the thing: if you start a serious relationship, then you will still feel attractions to other people, and your job is to ignore them, for they are fleeting. If you cannot do this, then you cannot have a serious relationship.

Never tried it since integrity is important to me. Experience tells me it costs less, emotionally and figuratively, to simply not commit to a relationship if the intent is to try more "flavors". I lost some good ones playing that card but at least I was honest.

I have cheated on girls I have dated, and which I did not consider as being in a relationship with. It sucks when they think you are though (it was the mildest of dates). They tell all their friends about what an a*hole you are soon after, in a way it is almost amusing and annoying. I have been cheated on before as well. When I was younger, it was the end of the world, nowadays, it affected me less.

A good question would be "is this cheating?" I would say it isn't, you and the girls have agreed it's just a casual relationship. Not something I would do, but it isn't cheating.

I would define it as cheating, or at least a serious betrayal. One has to take his intentions into account, which seem to be anything but good.

You could always adopt the idea that if you aren't married or engaged to be married, you're still "single".

Did you intend to marry this girl you "cheated" on? Did the two of you expect it to last forever? (young people often either do expect it to last forever or do not realize that in the future they will be going their separate ways).

I have not cheated. I have been tempted, and there was a time that I would have instantly dropped my current girlfriend if I had a chance at the girl of my dreams who I knew at the time, but never cheated. Back then I would have considered it cheating if I did, but now that I look back, I don't think I would. It's the circumstances that determine it, but ultimately you aren't married or engaged, and finding someone else you happen to be more attracted to is part of the process and is the reason why love hurts so much (it seriously sucks when your bf/gf finds someone they're more attracted to, starts seeing them in secret, then eventually breaks up with you).

You just have to figure out who you like more, and if you see a future in the relationship.

You could always adopt the idea that if you aren't married or engaged to be married, you're still "single".

Did you intend to marry this girl you "cheated" on? Did the two of you expect it to last forever? (young people often either do expect it to last forever or do not realize that in the future they will be going their separate ways).

I have not cheated. I have been tempted, and there was a time that I would have instantly dropped my current girlfriend if I had a chance at the girl of my dreams who I knew at the time, but never cheated. Back then I would have considered it cheating if I did, but now that I look back, I don't think I would. It's the circumstances that determine it, but ultimately you aren't married or engaged, and finding someone else you happen to be more attracted to is part of the process and is the reason why love hurts so much (it seriously sucks when your bf/gf finds someone they're more attracted to, starts seeing them in secret, then eventually breaks up with you).
Translation: "Look, guys, I'm really pretty self-interested, but I'm damned if I'm not going to rationalise the hell out of it!" :rolleyes:

Never cheated, never had a real girlfriend, and often avoided dating because it felt like infidelity towards someone with whom I didn't really think I had a chance anyway/thought there would be emotional infidelity towards an actual girlfriend if I did not get closure with someone else first. (I have all the closure I need now and my unrequited first love is now my best friend, but since college no girl has asked me out like they did in high school.)

I somehow missed this:
If one assumes that "don't put your arm into an industrial meat grinder" is invalid advice from a two-armed man, then perhaps. :rolleyes:
Have you ever known someone who put his arm into an industrial meat grinder and said: "damn, it was SO worth it"?:rolleyes: Or possibly someone who has made a habit of putting his limbs into industrial meat grinders on a regular basis?
No. I'm not a scumbag.
Well, mr Moral Fibre, care to answer to few questions?
1) How long has your longest relationship been?
2) How many offers of sex did you turn down during that time?

Top Bottom