How do you end 'cancel culture'?

You are just unbelievably disingenuous, pompous, and hypocritical. I can't deal with your self-indulgent and arrogant BS right now (and the fact you NEVER criticize or chasten your ideological ALLIES on these forums, even when they go way out of line and say some really questionable and stupid, and you'll even staunchly defend them, but those who are socio-political opponents - are even alleged to be, so - get criticized harshly all the time, even when you have to contrive and disingenuously struggle to keep desperate and flimsy attacks - shows you have no true independent point of view, no true conviction or ethics, and that you - like so many today in this grim, dystopian, era where civilization is on it's death spiral because of such socio-political idiocy and divisiveness across the board - are just a socio-political shill and drone from your "side," (firmly believing, like all such people, there's only "two sides,") and not veering from your script. It gets tiresome talking to socio-political zombies as opposed to people who think for themselves).

who are you talking about

You are just unbelievably disingenuous, pompous, and hypocritical. I can't deal with your self-indulgent and arrogant BS right now (and the fact you NEVER criticize or chasten your ideological ALLIES on these forums, even when they go way out of line and say some really questionable and stupid, and you'll even staunchly defend them, but those who are socio-political opponents - are even alleged to be, so - get criticized harshly all the time, even when you have to contrive and disingenuously struggle to keep desperate and flimsy attacks - shows you have no true independent point of view, no true conviction or ethics, and that you - like so many today in this grim, dystopian, era where civilization is on it's death spiral because of such socio-political idiocy and divisiveness across the board - are just a socio-political shill and drone from your "side," (firmly believing, like all such people, there's only "two sides,") and not veering from your script. It gets tiresome talking to socio-political zombies as opposed to people who think for themselves).
So you don't have an answer as to why negative assumptions you make about other people are acceptable. But you do have the time to write all that.

Alright.

So you don't have an answer as to why negative assumptions you make about other people are acceptable. But you do have the time to write all that.
He does like to erect people that he disagrees with that goes against the one true centrism as strawmen to freely attack and throw temper tantrums at.
who are you talking about
He just likes to make word salads to justify his wild ideas and hyperboles.

Alright.

Since I know I will never get such an answer from those who have routinely done the same to me (many having posted in this thread) that will not just be doubling down on the same attitude, or just being snide, insulting, or self-aggrandizing, I do not feel more penitant than of any you seem to, or feel that point of view is more inherently incorrect or wrong than any of you feel yours are. Demanding I ignore all of the same kind of crap you've heaped on me for a VERY long time as completely irrelevant and not to be addressed just to address one single alleged offense along the exact same lines by me is so gobsmackingly hypocritical and two-faced, it beggars the imagination. Of course, I don't expect you will be able to see or understand, because, in your twisted view of things, you are always correct, and your socio-political allies are above any reproach or criticism - which is one of the big reasons my respect for any credibility, ethics, and veracity from you is close to rock bottom.

Since I know I will never get such an answer from those who have routinely done the same to me (many having posted in this thread) that will not just be doubling down on the same attitude, or just being snide, insulting, or self-aggrandizing, I do not feel more penitant than of any you seem to, or feel that point of view is more inherently incorrect or wrong than any of you feel yours are. Demanding I ignore all of the same kind of crap you've heaped on me for a VERY long time as completely irrelevant and not to be addressed just to address one single alleged offense along the exact same lines by me is so gobsmackingly hypocritical and two-faced, it beggars the imagination. Of course, I don't expect you will be able to see or understand, because, in your twisted view of things, you are always correct, and your socio-political allies are above any reproach or criticism - which is one of the big reasons my respect for any credibility, ethics, and veracity from you is close to rock bottom.
You should've lead with this, instead of dodging the question repeatedly.

It's clear that you justify any assumptions any insulting language or comparisons by degrading the people you attack. After the fact, in this case. Just save everybody the time and admit it upfront in future.

I don't mind what you think of me, but it's annoying to be lead on this pointless semantic exercise if you never actually intended to discuss.

It's clear that you justify any assumptions

And you justify my assumptions with your continuously evasive behaviour. The type of behaviour I wouldn't likely resort to, "any insulting language or comparisons by degrading the people you attack," (although this term is not true - candidly pointing out flaws and faults in logic and inconvenient truths and posting and calling wrongheaded ideologies and belief in myths is termed as, "any insulting language or comparisons by degrading the people you attack," so the usage of that term, too, is disingenuous) if I didn't face the ridiculous crap in response I always do, because having a "constructive discussion," with you and your allies actually means, when you say it, "me capitulating to everything and every point you make and breaking down and confessing I'm wrong for everything I believe." But, again, I don't expect you'll be capable of the level of introspection to see this point.

It’s just a forum thread, you don’t have to crucify yourself for its sins.

And you justify my assumptions with your continuously evasive behaviour. The type of behaviour I wouldn't likely resort to, "any insulting language or comparisons by degrading the people you attack,"
Yet you routinely attack other people, like myself and others, when they call out your BS. I recall you’ve attacked my and other’s ideas as being insane and illogical.

But, again, I don't expect you'll be capable of the level of introspection to see this point.

It’s just a forum thread, you don’t have to crucify yourself for its sins.
Well, he is showing signs of Martyr complexes.

Yet you routinely attack other people, like myself and others, when they call out your BS. I recall you’ve attacked my and other’s ideas as being insane and illogical.

Well, he is showing signs of Martyr complexes.

This is conversation is going nowhere. This is called a "rhetorical quagmire." I am unwatching this thread. Please, do not, anyone, tag me further for any issue on this thread.

Boycotting a thread on cancel culture is so meta- it would make John Barth proud.

Boycotting a thread on cancel culture is so meta- it would make John Barth proud.

A man leaving something and asking not to be tagged on it is explicitly neither a boycott nor a call for censure and cancel. The nattering hens who quietly click Report are who you need to meta in somehow.

You say tomahto, I say tometa

Supplement up to 5% of a chicken's diet with ripe tomatoes!

I suppose with the exit of the main agonist, this thread will now die down.

I just had some ideas about how cancel culture is an indictment of capitalism's relationship with freedom of speech. Not sure of this thread is too far gone for that and I should just start a new one.

Last edited:
Moderator Action: Please do not mock and goad other posters who are no longer participating in the thread. Thank you.

I just had some ideas about how cancel culture is an indictment of capitalism's relationship with freedom of speech. Not sure of this thread is too far gone for that and I should just start a new one.
What is the indictment? I guess I'm getting back to basics here, but I'm seeing "cancel culture" as a buzzword for another kind of moral panic but just with a more left-leaning bent, to speak in very broad and generalizing terms. I'm thinking back to Tipper Gore and the outrage over heavy metal records, or that one doofus guy that correlates violent crime with video games (which is odd since violent crime was higher before violent video games even existed.) Furthermore, access to social media and changing social attitudes have given more people the opportunity to express their opinions, and maybe they're weighting them higher than they would if we were back to letter-writing campaigns ala that woman who tried to get Married With Children taken off the fledgling FOX network in the late '80s. We get instant gratification now from registering our opinions, and now more than ever we can broadcast them.

I may have said before I think the coronavirus pandemic has had an amplifying effect on these sorts of rather materially insignificant issues. Unfortunately, there's no other observable sans-corona universe to compare it to.

How'm I approaching it?

Top Bottom