How would you react if a family member was gay?

How would react if a family member was gay?

• Total voters

ComradeDavo

Formerly God
I am curious to know how forum members would react if it turned out that someone in their own family turned out to be a homosexual.

Would it change how you felt towards them, and thus how you acted towards them? Would you support their choices, ignore them or disown them?

Be honest.

Personally, whilst I think it might take me a little while to get used to, I would still feel the same way about them and I would support the choices that they make.

edit - please note I mean single family members

Rambuchan said:
Wink and squeeze his butt cheeks.
It might be a she:p

Obviously some people on these forums are gay themselves, so this poll is aimed at those who aren't, and I particularly want to see how those who oppose ay marriage etc vote.

Rambuchan said:
Wink and squeeze his butt cheeks.
Well i wouldn't say that,because he might really like it.:lol:

I would say that family is family,i would never turn my back on them.Of course if he or she ask me to go to San Franciso and been ask to wear a shirt saying,"I am proud of my _______ for being gay,"i would never hestitate to say no.:lol:

It depends.
If it were my father, for instance, then I'd be more upset than if ti were, say, my brother (an dI have to say, understandably).
Otherwise, why would I care?

My Grandmother and Aunt are homosexual, and my relationship with them is not affected by it.

I wouldn't mind at all. Except maybe if it was one of my parents, then I would find it somewhat awkward, after all those years. I consider them good friends and the idea that one of them would have lied to all of us all these years (assuming he or she didn't just "realise" it at almoist 50...) is not exactly nice.

No effect, or if anything it would bring us closer, since I'd be more likely to be open with them about my own BDSM tendencies.

I actually have an uncle who we are convinced is gay. He's got to 56 years old and has never had a girlfriend. He's never even come close to getting married it goes without saying. He's very camp and yet he remains, we believe, firmly in the closet, saying he's a bachelor. It's no big deal for us, he's a great guy. What actually bugs us is the fact that he won't just come out and be fully happy.

Rambuchan said:
I actually have an uncle who we are convinced is gay. He's got to 56 years old and has never had a girlfriend. He's never even come close to getting married it goes without saying. He's very camp and yet he remains, we believe, firmly in the closet, saying he's a bachelor. It's no big deal for us, he's a great guy. What actually bugs us is the fact that he won't just come out and be fully happy.
It's sad that alot of people still see being gay as taboo and are afraid to 'come out'.

Well, a big factor for that particular uncle is that he's a complete mummy's boy. It would break her heart, being a bit old skool in her views you know.

I could live with it.. might take a bit to get used to, but wouldnt change anything.

Rambuchan said:
I don't know why you assume he's particularly gay.

I read in a newspaper a while back (The Independent probably) about how Asexuality was a proper sexuality, as much as homosexuality or heterosexuality.

Bozo Erectus said:
Id say "You must have me confused with somebody who gives a crap."
I didn't say they directly told you, I just meant that they were gay in general. In other words, you are indifferent.

i don't have any family member who is gay (or atleast i don't know of any). if a cousin for example anounced today the he/she is gay/bi/martian i'll just smile, give him/her/it a biiiiig hug, and say that i am there for them.

now you can all say aaaaaaaahhhh, how sweet!:mischief:

Top Bottom