1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I see... (But modules, like mekara's have promos that grant another promos that fade within a turn to lead to another promo).

Though, I have another request: Overcouncil have several heroes that add a vote, however, currently Undercouncil only has one hero that grant a vote (Gibbon Goetia). Could you make some already made heroes to provide a vote (More likely, Alazkan the assasin, rathus denmora, or anything related to or being alike the undercouncil)

2. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

....Those modules do that entirely in the xml. They do not trigger the effect from within the DLL, which is what would require hardcoding. It is nowhere near the same thing.

Not sure about the Undercouncil. I'd prefer going a different route... And no, won't explain that atm. :lol:

3. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

I was referring, that, instead of having a secret immortal hidden between Greater Shade, that unit could, when the requeriments are met, be given a separate "Blood of the phoenix" promo that last for 1 turn. That way you could emulate the latter, with the benefits of that being more clear.
    Or it still needs hardcoding?

Why? Are you a secret agent or something? It is a state-only secret?
    Or just you want to surprise everybody? (Hard to do, one of your members soon or later will speak more than allowed)

4. Valkrionn

Absolutely ANYTHING that refers to a specific promotion, unit, building, whatever (any xml object) in the DLL requires hardcoding. So yes, that is still hardcoding.

5. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Just a question, I think it is possible to code it so that if my race acquires a certain unit, for example Brigit they get a golden age. But is it possible to make it modular?

Edit: dam, wrong thread. I wanted to post it somwhere else. Sorry, 3AM.

6. mythkin

mythkin Chieftain

quick question did you mean to get rid of the jotnar sea farms and not let them make use of the food in the water

7. shoggi

shoggi Team RifE Grunt

Jotnar not being able to build any improvements on water is not intended. It's a bug and already known.

8. Milaga

Milaga Prince

9. black_imperator

black_imperator Emperor

i'm pretty sure Corlindale also adds a vote to the Overcouncil

10. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Well, I do not know much lore about the undercouncil, but I think the hero doesn't really have to be related to give a vote. Why? Because it isn't likely that they're adding extra heroes for the undercouncil just for the sake of fitting the lore. Yes, perhaps, an extra hero related to Esus could work (It has only 1, compared to other religions).

The fact is, that Svartalfar is related to the undercouncil, and their hero, maybe is not related to it, but they don't have anything else to use as an excuse to give another vote. And the sidar, well, is kinda the same story.

But Valk already explained that he doesn't care, so... nothing is likely to happen.

Yes, he does.

11. PPQ_Purple

Why not just give the Major leaders of the Svartalfar and Sidar one extra vote? But only the main leaders.

12. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

That's a great idea. Perhaps that's where Valk is going on.
    It does require hardcoding?

13. PPQ_Purple

Hardcoding is only required for something that effects the DLL.
    So yes, probably.

Also, if COE has a holy city and holy shrine in it, that should probably count for another extra vote as well.

14. Valkrionn

I'd prefer not to. With heroes, the vote is open to whoever gets there first (though civ-heroes maybe should not affect it... ). With leaders, you can never avoid them having more voting power than you.

It would not require hardcoding, as it's something that you could easily add a tag for.

That said, it's not what I'm thinking on. Undercouncil is all about money. Figure it out. :p

The shrine I could see.

15. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

[wild speculation]
    I think he means buying UC votes. Bribing other leaders with cold hard(digital) gold. Which would be awesome. And makes a lot of sense thematically.
    [/speculate wildly]

16. Valkrionn

Correct.

No guarantee I'll do it, just saying that if I do anything with undercouncil votes that would be it.

17. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

OK: Here is some ideas:

* Genesis (and perhaps, Blood of the phoenix too) could be national rituals, so everybody may have a chance to get it. Also, perhaps, rituals could be redone within a certain amount of time. (Seeing as Genesis and others are later game, the game probably could have almost ended the second time you get to complete it).

* Purgue the unfaithful is underrated / bugged (sometimes it causes exceptions). It does not have much sense if you are not seeking a religious victory or your civ is agnostic. Plus, the info says it can cause unrest, then, however priests with Inquisition promo are a much better choice and less painful one than this ritual. Also AI never completes it. Could you change this ritual to be more beneficial in a wider area?.

* Precision and Rage provides little to the game experience. Certains civs are directly banned to build such units. Perhaps, when you get to overhaul the tech tree, you could change the paths of this techs, or make them more useful for the overall experience besides adding an later game unit?

* When the next version is coming out? (Aproximately) (I shouldn't have asked that)

18. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

I think Blood of the Phoenix needs to remain a one time only thing. Giving it out multiple times(or letting multiple civs complete it) basically extends any game instead of shortening it. BotP is supposed to be an final nail in the coffin or a last ditch effort stay off the inevitable. If everyone gets it, it would no longer do either of these things. It just becomes something that everyone must get to be competitive and results in a longer endgame with one less way to get a definitive advantage.

I have no problem with multiple genesis'.

19. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Hmm, yeah, perhaps you're right, multiple Blood of the Phoenix is op, but every civ should have a chance to get genesis.

In other notes: I have another idea: On Blight strike (AC gets to 30), instead of getting some Death damage, all (Living, applicable, not immune) units gets a Diseased (or Plagued, in some of the worst cases) for 10 turns, or the entire duration of the blight, (Or naturally, if that unit is healed from the disease). It could make more sense, don't you think?

20. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

Maybe Death Damage + a % chance of Disease/Plague/Withered. The Damage alone is generally of negligible impact when it can be healed back in a few turns.