Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

IMO, that's the cost of barbarian peace.

Hyborem doesn't seem the sneaky type, either. :p

What can I say? They make great skirmishers(drill I+II, flanking I).:mischief:

Maybe they could be Hyborem's vassals(or have a permanent alliance with no diplomatic options), that way they would be unlikely to attack AV players, and unable to sink my ships, but very likely to attack order players. It could also symbolise the forming of a kind of demonic hive mind around hyborem. However, if the infernal are destroyed the demons go back to attacking everyone.

That would be an interesting idea ... have the Demons actions some-what mimic the Infernal's Diplomatic stance ... (tweaked a bit of course)

always at war with good and neutral civs ... at peace with evil civs Hyborem is at peace with, at peace with Ashen Veil civs Hyborem is at peace with.

I also feel the infernal don't really benefit from sacrifice the weak, which is their main civic...:dunno:

Well, it's meant for Evil civs, certainly. Not specifically Infernals, though.

That would be an interesting idea ... have the Demons actions some-what mimic the Infernal's Diplomatic stance ... (tweaked a bit of course)

always at war with good and neutral civs ... at peace with evil civs Hyborem is at peace with, at peace with Ashen Veil civs Hyborem is at peace with.

I've always liked the idea of their being a mechanism to create more likelyhood of war between apposing alignments and longer lasting peace/alliances when the alignments agree.

IMO this would make behaviours seem more relevant. Perhaps the 2 councils could provide a vehicle for this?

:crazyeye: Not sure how chaotic would impact that tho.

it should probably go paper-rock-scissors like this ...

Evil beats Neutral ... Neutral beats Good ... Good beats evil ... at least, as a general principle. More on this later ;)

I've always liked the idea of their being a mechanism to create more likelyhood of war between apposing alignments and longer lasting peace/alliances when the alignments agree.

IMO this would make behaviours seem more relevant. Perhaps the 2 councils could provide a vehicle for this?

Thats what the ac counter does, basically. The undercouncil is more about greed and corruption than pure chaotic evil, and the overcouncil is similarly a neutral good organization. Enough has been done already to make other alignments hate each other, and the councils' already give diplomatic buffs(and the means for good v evil wars).

But this isn't the point, the point is to coordinate demon forces, and not to further isolate opposing allignments(which is done well enough already IMO). And to get those btards away from my privateers.:goodjob:

That absolutely will happen; Been planned for a few weeks.

Individual religions will have less impact on diplomacy; Rather, they are the principle factor to affect diplomacy, which becomes the primary force for diplomacy.

This would allow, for example, alliances between RoK and Empy, both good religions.

Forming an alliance between WH and AV becomes more problematic, however; Both are evil, but they are on opposite ends of the Ethical spectrum, Law/Evil.

it should probably go paper-rock-scissors like this ...

Evil beats Neutral ... Neutral beats Good ... Good beats evil ... at least, as a general principle. More on this later ;)

What on earth does that have to do with diplomacy?

Thats what the ac counter does, basically. The undercouncil is more about greed and corruption than pure chaotic evil, and the overcouncil is similarly a neutral good organization. Enough has been done already to make other alignments hate each other, and the councils' already give diplomatic buffs(and the means for good v evil wars).

But this isn't the point, the point is to coordinate demon forces, and not to further isolate opposing allignments(which is done well enough already IMO). And to get those btards away from my privateers.:goodjob:

We won't be doing anything to prevent demons from killing your HN units.

Automatic peace with demons is a huge advantage. It is only natural for it to carry some drawbacks, IMO... And HN doesn't fit the Infernals anyway.

We won't be doing anything to prevent demons from killing your HN units.

Automatic peace with demons is a huge advantage. It is only natural for it to carry some drawbacks, IMO... And HN doesn't fit the Infernals anyway.

Advantages:
  1. You don't get attacked, if your unit is not hidden nationality.

Disadvantages:
  1. Demonic influence spreads to your borders with no way to control it.
  2. You can't fight demons for experience.
  3. If the demons have a lair near/on an area you want to settle, your pretty much *******.
  4. Animals can now cross over the border, and kill your workers.

IMO could we at least have a choice to break the peace? I doubt Agares would care about losing a few rank and file demons.

Hidden nationality units are not fitting to their style? Really, the demon lord who seduced all his angels through espionage and subversion would never use a HN unit? Is the Sailor's Dirge a fluke or something? I mean out of all the evil civs they would be the most likely to secretly kill off their allies while their main armies are killing the followers of order. "Chaotic" implies they would loathe following the rules of an honorable war, and having all their units march around with flames coming off their face, waving a large flag shouting their nationality would mean they lose an opportunity to subvert, a major aspect of the infernals.

Advantages:
  1. You don't get attacked, if your unit is not hidden nationality.

Disadvantages:
  1. Demonic influence spreads to your borders with no way to control it.
  2. You can't fight demons for experience.
  3. If the demons have a lair near/on an area you want to settle, your pretty much *******.
  4. Animals can now cross over the border, and kill your workers.

IMO could we at least have a choice to break the peace? I doubt Agares would care about losing a few rank and file demons.

Hidden nationality units are not fitting to their style? Really, the demon lord who seduced all his angels through espionage and subversion would never use a HN unit? Is the Sailor's Dirge a fluke or something? I mean out of all the evil civs they would be the most likely to secretly kill off their allies while their main armies are killing the followers of order. "Chaotic" implies they would loathe following the rules of an honorable war, and having all their units march around with flames coming off their face, waving a large flag shouting their nationality would mean they lose an opportunity to subvert, a major aspect of the infernals.

Okay, few incorrect statements here....

Firstly, demonic influence would always spread to your borders, peace or no; You're Infernal. Your entire empire is Hell. Demons spawn on ANY hell tile, regardless of whether or not it is controlled.

Inability to fight demons for experience makes perfect sense; Instead, you should be spreading hell and trying to get them to terrorize your enemies. They are, for the most part, simply an autonomous part of your empire.

The demonic lair is actually a valid complaint, though I'm not sure anything will be done; More pressing issues first.

Animals can cross the border only after peace with demons? No, they can always do this.

HN is not in Hyborem's style. Nor, IMO, Bhall's, who would at this point be the principal leader; Agares mostly sits on his thrown and wallows in despair. Chaotic implies they will do whatever they want; It does not imply, not does it guarantee, that they would do so in a sneaky way. Put it this way: HN fighters would tend to be Chaotic, but Chaotic does not tend to be HN.

In short: Sure, them killing off your HN units can be annoying, and I can see why you think it's an issue. But it is a VERY minor one, that is IMO more than made up for by the benefits of peace, and one shared by all other civs who are at peace with barbarians. If anything is done, it would be well in the future.

Okay, few incorrect statements here....

Firstly, demonic influence would always spread to your borders, peace or no; You're Infernal. Your entire empire is Hell. Demons spawn on ANY hell tile, regardless of whether or not it is controlled.

Inability to fight demons for experience makes perfect sense; Instead, you should be spreading hell and trying to get them to terrorize your enemies. They are, for the most part, simply an autonomous part of your empire.

The demonic lair is actually a valid complaint, though I'm not sure anything will be done; More pressing issues first.

Animals can cross the border only after peace with demons? No, they can always do this.

HN is not in Hyborem's style. Nor, IMO, Bhall's, who would at this point be the principal leader; Agares mostly sits on his thrown and wallows in despair. Chaotic implies they will do whatever they want; It does not imply, not does it guarantee, that they would do so in a sneaky way. Put it this way: HN fighters would tend to be Chaotic, but Chaotic does not tend to be HN.

In short: Sure, them killing off your HN units can be annoying, and I can see why you think it's an issue. But it is a VERY minor one, that is IMO more than made up for by the benefits of peace, and one shared by all other civs who are at peace with barbarians. If anything is done, it would be well in the future.

But other civs can cast an area spell and declare war, in this case you can hit them with ring of fire(which consequently I did to soften up a stygian guard for my privateer), but war isn't declared.

Also I meant population influence(ex:Dis has a population of 90% infernal, 10% demonic due to a nearby demonic fort) not hell terrain. I've actually been trying to speed up the spread of hell terrain(except to the balseraphs' last city, because I need a source of horses long enough to get the ride of the nine kings:goodjob:). Though I suppose it technically doesn't matter because the infernals don't have to deal with unhappiness...

Also if they are crossing into your territory through an enemy demonic lair, you can just send in troops and take out the lair.

I'm pretty sure I've reported this before, but that might have been in the "main" FfH2 forum (or maybe FF or WM).

The Amurites' world spell, Arcane Lacuna, prevents you from using the Recruit Mercenary ability. I understand that in terms of game mechanics, Recruit Mercenary acts as a spell, but in this case it doesn't seem to make sense. Recruiting a Mercenary doesn't involve magic, after all, so shouldn't be blocked by the Amurite world spell.

I don't remember offhand if there are other abilities that experience this problem, but will report if there are.

There used to be a popup to warn you that casting an area of effect spell would cause you to declare war on another civ. It would be nice to bring that back, if possible. In my current game I had an Arcane Barge cast Maelstrom, hitting a Clan Work Boat and thus inadvertently declaring war on Jonas. Thanks.

There used to be a popup to warn you that casting an area of effect spell would cause you to declare war on another civ. It would be nice to bring that back, if possible. In my current game I had an Arcane Barge cast Maelstrom, hitting a Clan Work Boat and thus inadvertently declaring war on Jonas. Thanks.

I know. I miss that too, I mean it caused my ring of flames to *inadvertantly* hit a stygian guard who was allied with me as Hyborem and ended up giving my privateer the edge. uggg:mischief:

But yeah that really is an annoying thing to have happen.

I think the pop-up is still around, it's just that it doesn't always work/isn't used for every spell. Might be wrong though.

I think the pop-up is still around, it's just that it doesn't always work/isn't used for every spell. Might be wrong though.

Or maybe it doesn't work if the spellcaster is an Arcane Barge rather than an Arcane or Disciple unit? Or if the unit that gets hit by the spell is a non-combat unit like a Work Boat? I'm just speculating here, I don't know.

Top Bottom