Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

well, given the current speed and trend, it'll be a looooooong while :D

...And on that topic would it be possible for the team to up the PR offensive slightly? And by that i mean just provide a little bit more info on progress / features. - blogs, dev reports etc...

You must realise that we are a fairly commited user base, but i do think its natural that interest wains over time and as we sit [patiently] waiting for the next release it would be great to have info to keep us hungry (and who knows maybe even attract new fans at a greater rate).

Please don't read this as critism. Love the mod and continue to be very grateful for all the happy hours of play time you have provided. :goodjob:

Here's the issue: There hasn't been much progress for a while.

I work at a hotel. In Florida, on the Gulf. It's summer.

I've been busy for the past few weeks with work. Going to last another month or so at least before I have much time.

Lol :lol: that was probably one of the best excuses in history Valkrionn, and I understand his point but I also understand you guys are busy and we're impatiant :)

...Its all cool with me. The Rife team is the nuts imo. I was just appealing to the marketing department as it easy to overlook that side of things.

:mischief:

...And on that topic would it be possible for the team to up the PR offensive slightly? And by that i mean just provide a little bit more info on progress / features. - blogs, dev reports etc...

You must realise that we are a fairly commited user base, but i do think its natural that interest wains over time and as we sit [patiently] waiting for the next release it would be great to have info to keep us hungry (and who knows maybe even attract new fans at a greater rate).

Please don't read this as critism. Love the mod and continue to be very grateful for all the happy hours of play time you have provided. :goodjob:

Dude Valk is always up here answering questions. I mean as soon as someone makes a comment about RiFE Valk is up here like a hamster outta hell to answer it(and I mean hamster outta hell in the most flattering way possible btw:mischief:).:lol:

Actually, make that a hamstalfar outta florida.

I probably went overboard on that comment...what I mean is Valkrionn does alot of good work on this thread, being sort of the face and voice of the team and I just generally think its amazing he has the time to do what he does already.

I probably went overboard on that comment...what I mean is Valkrionn does alot of good work on this thread, being sort of the face and voice of the team and I just generally think its amazing he has the time to do what he does already.

Well, I would say i agree with both your comments. The very first time i posted an idea it was Valk who replied, and he did so in a very positive manner, and consistently since then Valk or one of his fellow team members have continued to provide equally satisfying responses. I am a fan.

Well, I would say i agree with both your comments. The very first time i posted an idea it was Valk who replied, and he did so in a very positive manner, and consistently since then Valk or one of his fellow team members have continued to provide equally satisfying responses. I am a fan.

I think pretty anyone who plays RiFE and has gone on the forum can say the same.:lol:
I thought my last comment might been misunderstood, so I just wanted to clarify what I meant.:mischief:

I think it would be nice if the Master Smith related buildings were easier to build. I like that they require great craftsmen to construct in that it requires the expenditure of a permanent resource to build, but great craftsmen are a pain the ass to generate w/o using guilds (which comes along late in the game). I was thinking that as an alternative a player could retire a high level unit to create an appropriate gear building. I would have suggested additional ways to generate craftsmen specialty slots, but craftsmen are pretty powerful as is.

I think it would be nice if the Master Smith related buildings were easier to build. I like that they require great craftsmen to construct in that it requires the expenditure of a permanent resource to build, but great craftsmen are a pain the ass to generate w/o using guilds (which comes along late in the game). I was thinking that as an alternative a player could retire a high level unit to create an appropriate gear building. I would have suggested additional ways to generate craftsmen specialty slots, but craftsmen are pretty powerful as is.

Yeah, but then that just makes great people less useful again, and gives the calabim with their xp hoarding units an even bigger advantage vs other civs.

The subject of worker experience came in a different thread, which made me think of something. It would be helpful if, once a worker had enough XP for a new promotion, you were automatically directed to him, as happens with military units. Thanks.

You are, actually. It's just that an action like building an improvement blocks it. This is, I assume, to keep qued up actions from being interrupted all the time, and having to be reissued.

hm, idea, can we/you make an gameoption, that would automatically give the worker the promotion as soon as he levels-up ? it irritates me to have to choose the promotion for worker ... >.>

Back in the day, it alerted you immediately; More people ed about having to reissue orders, than do about missing out on promotions as soon as they are available.

I would have been one of those people. Now I just monitor stacks with a unit 1xp or less away from getting a promo, it doesn't interrupt build orders and you can finish building that first mine or farm a little early.

Re: The Black Duke

I got the new Black Duke event, but it occurred before the Guild of the Nine was produced. The civopedia entry says this even requires the construction of the Guild.

Also, is there some tech requirement for the Mazatl to build on marshes? I’ve drained the swamp, but my shapers can’t construct anything but workshops on the resulting marshes for some reason.

Re: The Black Duke

I got the new Black Duke event, but it occurred before the Guild of the Nine was produced. The civopedia entry says this even requires the construction of the Guild.

Also, is there some tech requirement for the Mazatl to build on marshes? I’ve drained the swamp, but my shapers can’t construct anything but workshops on the resulting marshes for some reason.

I've gotten him too but I thought it was normal because I usually start getting the normal mercenary events 5-10 turns before completing the guild of the nine.

Don't swamps/marhses count as improvements, for game purposes, that can't be built over or razed?

Top Bottom