Ideas, Requests, and Feedback

Absolutely agree, don't forget Dwarven mines!. (Personally I think Auto-Raider promotion is OP already, perhaps more extra gold than auto-pillage?).

And I've got another request: Could you make the Scions to get an %Awakened boost under Golden age? Currently they don't, and I think they should get a sharp boost during GA.

Auto Pillage would be super awesome if you could toggle it, or if the promo just allowed pillaging at no movement cost. Right now I feel like half the time it's the greatest thing ever and the other half it's totally detrimental. Being able to cripple someone economy simply by moving units around is awesome. Losing a town/citadel/whatnot because you have an auto pillage unit in the SoD sucks.

well... the more disturbing is that boar blood is available only to recon units... that normaly can't pillage.
So one goes directly from "no pillage ever" to "auto-pillage".
It could be go that boar blood allow pillaging for the recon unit that get it instead of doing auto pillage. If changing the spec of the unit is hard, maybe do it in the form of a spell? a spell that reduces the mvt by 1, cannot be cast if mvt = 0.
(the same with the Esus promotion racketeer... +50% from pillage : but on recon... WTF ?)

While playing Sheaim, I was attacked by a barbarian Alazkhan. Of course, I killed him and shamelessly gave the black mirror to my Meshabber:crazyeye:, but I really do not know what happened. I do not think Bhal has any means to convert units. Maybe he turned feral by some mutation/lair/event. Anyway, I think heroes should be immune to this kind of promotion.

The new health system has seriously nerfed down the Calabim, but they remain incredibly powerful, especially with Xivan. It is the only time that I acheived omnipotence for an archmage and a mendacite.
One remark about that. All mastery promotions are great, except creation. I gives you 1 extra spell, with 33% miscast.
If you compute the probability, on the average, you have 10/9 spell. 0.11 extra spell is an unsignificant boost, considering the drawbacks of this feature:
1/ miscasting a spell in a dangerous situation
2/ after a miscast, you have a burnout and cannot cast any spell for several turns (and the probability for a burnout is very high around 55%). If you integrate this aspect and compute the number of spells that you have in 4 turns, probably it will be around 2 or 2.5 instead of 4 (but I am too lazy to compute it exactly).

More, if you have twincast, your average number of spells is 38/27, that is 1.4, and this REDUCES the normal number of spells that you would have without this mastery (ie 2)!!!!!!

Obviously, a mastery should be an advantage and not a drawback.
What I suggest is either to:
* largely reduce the miscat penalty. With 10%, you would have on the average 1.7 spell and and 2.6 with twincast and the risk is reasonnable.
* suppress the burnout for a miscast. In that case, with 1/3 miscast you would have 1.33 spell and 2 with twincast, and with 0.25 miscast probaility 1.5 spell and 2.25 with twincast. That seems reasonnable. You still have the risk to miscast in case of emergency, but at least you will not have any burnout.
* suppress any miscat and randomly add an extra 0.5 spell (probably the better solution)
* suppress the creation mastery (and with the present behavior, it would be better if it did not exist!!)

I think it was just Alazkhan wandering with hidden nationality :D

The Alazkhan thing is just HN, and yes, HN units appear to be from the Orcish Barbarian faction. Unless the are animals, in which case they appear to belong to Cernunnos.

As for Master of Creation: It's been discussed before. Honestly, the whole system will be scrapped; It does not work with the planned spell changes.

As for Master of Creation: It's been discussed before. Honestly, the whole system will be scrapped; It does not work with the planned spell changes.

Still, magic changes will come in a larger major version, we not even have the 1.3 patch, 1.4 may be about 2-3 month of wait. Meanwhile, you have to directly avoid Creation 3 (Birth spell), since you get the master of# inmediately.
Much easier is to remove the miscast % of master of creation, since there is a long wait till 1.4.

That's an easy change to do your self you know.
In CIV4PromotionInfos.xml just find the promotion and replace:

<iChanceMiscast>33</iChanceMiscast>
with
<iChanceMiscast>0</iChanceMiscast>

Although I think deleting the entire line should work just as well.

quick thought on amurites :

maybe the "champions" should not be named spellswords... as they are big bad champions wielding enchanted warhammers.... and no swords for them.

Well, I can't think of another name for them, but it seems so ... strange.

quick thought on amurites :

maybe the "champions" should not be named spellswords... as they are big bad champions wielding enchanted warhammers.... and no swords for them.

Well, I can't think of another name for them, but it seems so ... strange.

But are they spell swords or spells words? It's the question of the ages.

Spellsword makes sense as it implies a warrior-mage.

If someone wants to go and give them swords they'd make more sense. I would but I have neither the knowledge nor the skill to do so.

No, I really like them with those Hammers of Doom...
and if no other name is found, keep it.
But, maybe, if someone find another name with the same meaning...

No, I really like them with those Hammers of Doom...
and if no other name is found, keep it.
But, maybe, if someone find another name with the same meaning...

Why not go literal and call them Spellhammers? I kinda like the sound of it and it's reminiscent of Spelljammer. :D

Why does everything have to be so face value?
I mean, why not just leave it as it is?

It's not like you see the 1st Cavalry Division (American) riding actual horses.

Next thing you will be complaining that the Emperor's daggers are not actual daggers with small feet so they can jump around and jump into your eye or something.

PS. regard the above text as a poetic metaphor for what I am trying to explain.

The Alazkhan thing is just HN, and yes, HN units appear to be from the Orcish Barbarian faction. Unless the are animals, in which case they appear to belong to Cernunnos.

This is obviously somewhat moot with Alazkhan, but I've noticed that if you capture or convert units with Hidden Nationality of any kind, the name of their true owner still appears in the capture/convert blurb in the message log.

I do find, though, that the Svartalfar are a little too eager to immediately attack their neighbors with Alazkhan. It seems like the AI should have some regard for relations when choosing to attack civs with their HN units, and in particular, more often than not, Svart training Alazkhan results in them basically handing someone the Mirror.

I know I exploit this fact ever opportunity I get.

Got 2 ideas for a challenge mode gameoption:

Challenge: Always raze.
*Cities are always razed on capture. (Could use a script from a FFH scenario).

Challenge: AI extra xp.
*AI gets extra XP from new units.

Challenge: More demons.
*Increase the spawn of demons from Hell terrain due to high AC counter.

Top Bottom