If your country were a non-human animal, what animal would it be?

Fifty

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your country were a non-human animal, what animal would it be? More importantly, WHY! It's very important that you say why, because without it this thread would be too spammy.

Please only refer to your own country, so as to prevent the inevitable sour grapes that would form if people started talking about other countries than their own.

This thread is supposed to be fun, but semi-serious as well. That is, give an actual reason rather than just some random animal you come up with just for the sake of "being random".

And no, it will not be clever or witty of you to post "giant radioactive monkey", or any other random meme.

well, ours is a lion, but I think a beaver fits best, little illegal dam-building, engineering little cute animals.

I'd be inclined to say either a domesticated dog or cat, but then that would depend where I was (Would I be food, or not food?), and who looked after me (I wouldn't want someone who left me for weeks without food or water).

Edit: Only just realised I misread the topic. I thought it was about what animal we'd like to be.

A big ol' ape. A stinky ape that sits in the middle of the room, beats its chest, makes loud exclamations of "Ooh-ooh-ooh", and overpowers all the smaller countries.

For the US, quite frankly, I don't think the eagle would appeal as the national character for the nation. Call me a heretic.

Maybe a pig. :p

The UK as a whole? A lion, as is traditional. Although, unlike tradition, we'd be a toothlees, half blind incontinent old lion which spend all it's time moping about it's lost glory...

I don't know. I was going to say a pig, which fits, except that doesn't work because then the Jews couldn't love us. :(

The obvious...

Russia: Bear
U.K.: Bulldog
Germany: Eagle
United States: Turkey
Turkey: ???
India: Elephant

United States: Turkey

I can't believe no one agreed with Ben Franklin

The USA is a mighty eagle, as John Ashcroft once penned. Too bad they were on the endangered list at one point.

The USA is a mighty eagle, as John Ashcroft once penned. Too bad they were on the endangered list at one point.

Not so mighty of an animal then huh? The Turkey is definitely a better fit.

A non-human animal? Wouldn't that simply be called "animal"?

Norway: wolf or owl or squirrel.

Since I was born in Sweden I can do them too:
Sweden: Beaver :groucho:
get it, hehe.

Moderator Action: Posts merged. Twice. Use the edit button.

Wouldn't that simply be called "animal"?

In general, yes. But you can't trust the people on OT to be literate enough to understand something like that. They think it looks more cool and logical to take so-called "literal" meanings of stuff.

A Tiger.

If we keep going on the path we are, it will turn into a rabbit.

Top Bottom