Immaculate NES Five: Blood From A Stone

so... much... text...
awesome update though, even if I couldn't stop thinking "Oh crap, House Quin is being bombed"

OOC: I am extremely confused. But OK, waiting 24 hrs to ask questions.

TO: FEDCO

The Republic of China asks that the current cease-fire be formalized for six weeks, pending immediate diplomacy with our fellow FEDCO signatories.

Nice update. :)

What does the +power refer to?

To: Our Friends in Russia

Thank you for your warm welcome. There super clubs and dinning halls of Frisco are buzzing with stories of amicable stays in Russia. I wish I only had time myself to visit Moscow. I hear just the sight of the city on a summers eve can silence the mind with its beauty.

To: Umma Al-Mu’minin

Your actions prove to be ones of peace and profit. We would like to step forward and extent our arm across the sea. A hand shake for future pan-pacific peace and trade? We eagerly await your hearty "yes."

From the Pacific Island Sultanates
To Chinese Nations, Korea

The Pacific Sulatanate utterly condemns the actions of Jiangnan. The betrayal of Hubei, a member of the FEDCA is an act of dishonourable treachery that should not go unpunished. I implore the Korean Union to intervene in this war and come to the aid of their ally, and for Jiangnan to be expelled from the alliance. I suggest we meet in private at the Colonial Palace, Jakarta, before any further public statements are made.

(catch me on msn we needs to talk)

To the Prussian Kingdom
From the CCU

The suffering in your Kingdom is intolerable. Human suffering and the further destruction to your environment from cutting down forests alike. This is going to accumulate into a disaster if it is not averted.

We are willing to set up a beneficial trade deal to avert this. We are looking into clearing some areas of forests (pending an internal investigation on the ecological impact and the sustainability of such a clearances) to make way for more farm land. As such we will have a windfall of lumber which could be sold to you to create charcoal. We are also willing to sell lumber from our sustainably managed forests.

However, this is a stop gap measure. You need to divert energy from fertilizer production (again something we could produce for and sell to you, we have excess capacity). We implore you to let our experts in to analyse potential sustainable energy sites.

So in brief:
Willing to sell:
Windfall of lumber
Sustainably produced lumber
Fertilizer whilst you get your house in order

Willing to provide:
Expertise in sustainable energy production.

Signed
Members of the Grand Council of the CCU

To Iberia
From the CCU

The Drought is a subjecting your peoples to horrific hardships. We can sell you foodstuffs to help your peoples.

Signed
Members of the Grand Council of the CCU

OOC: Guys if you want these deals, then just say so and we can negotiate a price (thinking beginning at a value of 1.5 times what you need, i.e. GamezRule you would need to pay 3 Economic points for 2 units of foodstuffs. This can of course be negotiated with for technology transfers and so forth.

OOC:

To Chiefdesigner, Thomas.Berubeg,
CC: all players,
From the Moderator

I DID misread Chiefdesigner's orders which were meant as a contingency plan in case of attack by Thomas as primary orders. They were in considerable depth and I personally made a mistake.

Having said that, mistakes happen and it is my policy not to retcon updates. So i am just going to say that the Jiangnan generals misunderstood their orders or acted semi-independently. I know this is a poor and dissatisfying outcome for those nations involved. I can only apologize. I hope that the affected parties will see this as a role-play opportunity.

I hope that you can play through it and that this error (purely on my part) will not put you off on this NES.

To provide some satisfaction, i will perhaps hit you with a beneficial 'random event' a few more times than the dice suggest to try and make it up to you both.

OOC:

To Chiefdesigner, Thomas.Berubeg,
CC: all players,
From the Moderator

I DID misread Chiefdesigner's orders which were meant as a contingency plan in case of attack by Thomas as primary orders. They were in considerable depth and I personally made a mistake.

Having said that, mistakes happen and it is my policy not to retcon updates. So i am just going to say that the Jiangnan generals misunderstood their orders or acted semi-independently. I know this is a poor and dissatisfying outcome for those nations involved. I can only apologize. I hope that the affected parties will see this as a role-play opportunity.

I hope that you can play through it and that this error (purely on my part) will not put you off on this NES.

To provide some satisfaction, i will perhaps hit you with a beneficial 'random event' a few more times than the dice suggest to try and make it up to you both.

Well, to be blunt, if you misunderstood his orders, perhaps they were so complex that his generals would also misunderstand them?

Not that I know the situation or anything.

Semi - OOC: Well then if it was a general who misread and/or acted on their own this could be solved by throwing the said general to Hubei and being tried for warcrimes. Plus reparations.

But that of course is pending if the events as is stand.

Diplomacy pending as I parse whats going on.

I'll try my hand at Brazil I think.

To: Colombia, Andean Commune

This war against Peru is unjustified and illegal. You must withdraw all forces from Peru now.

TO: World

Currently, we believe the disaster in China was triggered by a technical failure in our early warning system, leading us to believe that an attack by Blue Suns forces was imminent. Thus, our contingency plans in case of an invasion of Hubei were activated; despite the recent signing of FEDCO, there still exists great suspicion on all sides.

We believe the problem is that, simply, nobody stopped to think.

Should all FEDCO signatories be willing, the ROC will adhere to a six-week cease-fire, one that we hope will lead to a lasting regional peace.

OOC: Don't worry about it, immac. You got a huge update out in a weekend. It Is Only A Game.

From Korea
To FEDCO

The failure in Jiangnan warning systems has lead to a direct conflict between members. The only way to prevent further escalation is immediate removal of Jiangnan forces from Hubei, hand over the officer or officers who directly led to the conflict as negligent. Korea will handle their trials.

Jiangnan will have to pay reparations to be determined. Jiangnan will also have to aid Hubei in the conflict with the Qin to offset the immediate losses Hubei has suffered.

We await response from FEDCO members on this proposal.

@ Thomas - MSN if possible before you respond in thread.

From the Princes of The Frankish Territories,
To the Russian Board of Directors,

Would you be willing to sell us some of your modern jet and helicopter units? Please private message us if you are willing, with the prices.

From General Su of the Liangshan Yi,
To The Pacific Island Sultanates Prince Elect,

Would you be willing to broker a peace between ourselves and the Qin?

Ooc: great update, I too will provide more info for my nation this turn. I'm on vacation but I'm flying home tomorrow so I can devote more time.

To: CCU

While we thank you for you're generous offer, we feel we must decline for the time being. Our measures to increase output have returned an agricultural surplus to Iberia. Although we are still concerned about the lack of rain, there is for now enough food to go around.

While we thank you for you're generous offer, we feel we must decline for the time being. Our measures to increase output have returned an agricultural surplus to Iberia. Although we are still concerned about the lack of rain, there is for now enough food to go around.

To Iberia
From the CCU

My hope was to be able to provide assistance in case of overheating of your economic situation. Reports suggest a certain strain in the economy, my offer was an effort to reduce this strain. If you feel it could be required, we could draw up a contingency plan if things deteriorate.

Otherwise, We wish your people the best of luck.

Signed Members of the Grand Council

Prime Minister Kim sat and stared out over his cabinet members who all awaited him to break the silence of this meeting. Finally after three minutes of counting the seconds in his head Prime Minister Kim decided it was enough and they all understood the gravity of the situation. He unclenched his fists under the table and slowly, calmly placed them on the table.

“So can anyone tell me if we saw this coming? And if so explain why it was not prevented.” Prime Minister Kim was surprised his voice did not emit the rage he felt. It came out hard, but not aggressive.

Minister of Intelligence Han Sang Ah spoke first. “We had been quietly asked about Hubei’s intentions by Jiangnan’s delegation when they were invited to join the FEDCO Alliance. We reassured them that our contacts with Hubei confirmed they were not interested in any action against Jiangnan. They seemed confident of our analysis and joined FEDCO promptly after. Apparently they were still wary and sent out very extensive ‘contingency plans.’” Minister Han rubbed his eyes. There were dark circles under them and they were bloodshot from a sleepless night going over all reports from Jiangnan and Hubei. “Honestly, we didn’t see this coming and it also appears some anti Hubei officers got a hold of the orders and ‘misinterpreted’ them. We are still determining if it was intentional or accidental. Either way a disaster.”

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Smith Hye Ji, quickly interjected into the conversation. “I have seen the orders in question from Jiangnan. They clearly are contingency plans, but they were surprisingly detailed. I honestly do not believe it was the Government of Jiangnan’s intention to conflict with Hubei. Along with communication of their proposals to Hubei to make recompense I feel further conflict can be avoided. Of course Hubei is well within their rights to reject this offer, but until we hear from them I cannot confirm their response. My analysts tell me they feel the Board of the Blue Suns will accept the offer from Jiangnan as it is fair and they wholly accept responsibility. I think we can keep FEDCO intact.” She finished with a bit of color rising in her cheeks, which was even more noticeable than others as she was one of the rare descendants of the American forces in Korea prior to the energy troubles.

“Fine so the consensus is that the conflict will not escalate, but it will take some years to rebuild that relationship?” asked Prime Minister Kim. Heads of the relevant ministers all nodded agreement with the statement. “Fine do we have any good news?”

Minister of Science Im Ae Joo simply smiled and nodded. “Our trade with Hubei has been profitable for both and we now stand ready to do further trading with other friendly regimes.” Prime Minister Kim smiled slightly in acknowledgement then motioned for others to speak up.

Minister of Economy Shin Chae Hee picked up a report and waved it in front of her gently towards the other ministers. “I have here that our agriculture growth has been successful. We have alleviated the strain and in fact are ready to export foodstuffs. We also grew our tax revenue through this increased effort.” Minister Shin smiled and then continued. “I also have a report for future developments provided the National Assembly agrees to approve the funding which I believe they will. No offense to those of you not in the ruling coalition, but we still maintain control and support after our recent growth and diplomatic successes. The fallout from the Hubei / Jiangnan conflict are still to be seen though.”

Prime Minister Kim stood after Minister Shin completed her report. “Good so we are on the right track and this potential disaster looks recoverable. Please Minsiter Yi and Minister Han stay for our next conference, the rest good day and I await detailed reports as the situations change.”

The room quickly and orderly emptied until only those requested remained.

To: Frankish Principalities

We will consider your offer with due deliberation, but there are elements within the international community that apparently consider the Frankish Principalities equipped with Russian weaponry a threat to stability in Europe. The Board will weigh these factors accordingly, and produce the requisite result.

The newspapers were exaggerating. We still maintain a large energy surplus. Most states would be collapsing under the increased demand for energy, but comrades, our energy grid is holding out fine. In fact, even with the increased demand, our energy surplus is still larger then most.

Top Bottom