Inappropriate ad?

Mirc

Not mIRC!!!
Right now I'm getting a pretty annoying ad, from UGO, for a particular movie, Mirrors. While I've seen it, and of course don't mind the movie itself too much as I'm quite at peace with horror movies, the movie "carries an R rating by the MPAA for strong violence, disturbing images, language and brief nudity".

The ad is pretty horror for a PG-13 audience:

Basically it shows the image of a naked* girl ripping her mouth out by pulling on her jaws until they break, and then it shows some other girl's face full of blood with a long tongue pulled out at the end of the ad.

*: it doesn't show nudity per se, I just know she happens to be in that state as I've seen the movie.

Just wondering if that's considered acceptable.

L couldn't care less about this add, but because this site has a 'family friendly' policy this is possibly just to far.

I liked the ad so much that I clicked it. And now I really wanna go see Mirrors!

I liked the ad so much that I clicked it. And now I really wanna go see Mirrors!

FYI, the beginning was shot in Bucharest, I couldn't believe it when the movie started and first:

1) a popular piano piece that became a symbol of Spanish classical guitar (Asturias, by Isaac Albeniz) started playing as the opening theme (transposed into A minor though, not like the original version in E minor)
2) and then we recognized the metro station where the first scene takes place (with the bald-ish guy being forced to... not gonna spoil it for you) and we realized we were only 15-20 minutes away from that particular station. :lol: It was rather freaky. :p

L couldn't care less about this add, but because this site has a 'family friendly' policy this is possibly just to far.

The family friendliness thing is what made me ask about this too... I'm a regular horror movie watcher (although I would definitely not call it my favorite genre, I've watched quite a lot) but I wouldn't have liked to see this when I was 12...

I was just going to post about this. Not an ad you want to see when you're eating.

Considered doing the same thing myself. While I personally have no problem with it, well, family-friendly and all that. So, movie any good?

Considered doing the same thing myself. While I personally have no problem with it, well, family-friendly and all that. So, movie any good?

Gets promising when the guy is presented with the new job and spends the first night there (not spoiling it since this happens very, very early), becomes kind of boring at some point IMO. Everybody is crazy about the ending though, I guess it's a matter of taste.

Anyway, back on topic, anyone with some authority here stating something about this? I only got it once since, but it is annoying that it attracts my eyes and if I didn't know the movie I would have probably been rather annoyed at the unexpected jaw-ripping.

I sent an email to our host AtomicGamer and ask them to take a look.

The last two ads are OK, but the first ad might be too bloody/disturbing.

They are the same... I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear, but they are just different screenshots of the same ad, at various points of the animation. The top frame in my image is just the end of the ad.

It's still here. It's easily the most common ad now... Did atomicgamer say it was ok or have they just not been taken down?

Really? I haven't had it in a few days, although it was almost the only ad for a little while there.

I hardly notice ads on the forums these days. Kind of desensitized by the graphic ad that I just saw. Must be them zombies in Half Life 2 that caused me to be desensitized by that kind of gore.

Don't you have to be 13 to post on this forum? I'd imagine the ad itself is PG-13?

EDIT: Also, the only adverts I'm getting are for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!!!! :mad: :mad:

Speaking of which, if you rip out your own jaw bone (like the banner teaches us) - wouldn't the tongue also fall ? The way i see it in the final frame the tongue is hanging there.

Just curious - didn't want to bump the ask a doctor thread. :p

The tongue is secured to your throat. It doesn't just hang there in your jaw. So that's probably accurate.

But if you're really curious about that, you should ask in OT. ;)

It's still here. It's easily the most common ad now... Did atomicgamer say it was ok or have they just not been taken down?
Haven't heard back from them about this ad... I will email them again.

Top Bottom